AJR vs Garage five

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 04:10 PM
AJR vs Garage five

Anyone have experience with these two shops? And if so what are your opinions on both of them, one better than the other? Price differences, quality of work?

Old 10-27-2013, 10:45 PM
AJR... I've gotten a few things from them. Satisfied with their prices and in my opinion they've got very good customer service.

Don't have any feedback for Garage Five.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:26 AM
shouldn't have any issues with either

Old 10-31-2013, 11:57 AM
5 Year Member
been going to A&J pretty often for all my car needs (including service/maintenance!) they do pretty good work. never had any problems w/ them, and usually gets you in and out pretty fast. (if anything pretty cool shop and they usually have their track cars waiting out front for you to drool over.)

A&J sometimes will have winter/summer sales. tho try to get a deal out of it. i remember buying something for their thanksgiving sale for $149. then kinda disappointed that the same part i bought dropped to $130 for boxing day sale..

Garage 5:
location is a bit smaller than A&J but really friendly service. tho i haven't been there since 2011, i had my carbon hood installed by them. told em how i got raped by s/h and UPS hidden charges for "oversized package" they were like.. "man. you should've gone to us. they mentioned they had a US PO Box that does over the border deliveries to the states. coulda saved me 3x the cost of the hood in s/h.

not sure why i stopped going to garage 5. location was kinda tricky to get to maybe. it's a smallish shop the middle of a complex.. but i don't think that should deter you from stopping for a visit.

Old 11-05-2013, 12:59 AM
5 Year Member
Garage Five.

I will not take my car anyhwere else. Period. The guys at that shop go above and beyond normal customer service. Their work is always top notch, and pricing is excellent. Their labour rates are also very reasonable. I've been going to them for years, with all of my cars.

Their shop isn't hard to find at all. Right on Bridgeport, between No.5 rd and Shell. Not far from Ikea.

I like their location, because you don't have to go 'deep' into Richmond to get to them lol.

Sounds like AJR is a decent shop too, so I don' think you can go wrong with either. Why not drop by both of the shops and see for yourself?