Reputable car audio shops in lower mainland

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 12:35 AM
Reputable car audio shops in lower mainland

Hey guys,

I'm looking at purchasing a new double din stereo to replace the stock stereo on the Honda Fit. After reading many reviews about Future Shop and Best Buy I want to try to avoid those places for getting the deck installed.

I would just like to know if there any reputable shops in the lower mainland that install car audio for a fair price

Please let me know

Thank you

Old 11-14-2013, 02:54 AM
5 Year Member
soundsgood in coquitlam and bby

talk to mike he will help you out

Old 11-17-2013, 10:43 PM
Voltage sound and security in Chilliwack, check out their facebook page

Old 11-22-2013, 11:58 PM
5 Year Member
+1 for SoundsGood (Coquitlam location)

They'll be moving locations in the near future, and are currently selling off their stock as part of their 'moving sale'

Talk to Mike. Super cool guy, fair pricing, and their customer service is second to none. He's done a ton of work on a few of my cars, including my Fit.

Not to mention, his daily is a GE8

Old 07-01-2014, 02:53 AM
Originally Posted by lowered_klass
+1 for SoundsGood (Coquitlam location)

They'll be moving locations in the near future, and are currently selling off their stock as part of their 'moving sale'

Talk to Mike. Super cool guy, fair pricing, and their customer service is second to none. He's done a ton of work on a few of my cars, including my Fit.

Not to mention, his daily is a GE8
Thanks for the recommendation!

Yes, I own and drive a 2010 Tidewater blue Sport. Ih ave done some extensive work on the stereo, charging system and electrical to make this little beast sing!

If anybody has any questions about their Fit and stereo upgrades, please message me here and I will do my best to help you out!

Old 07-14-2014, 04:17 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by orgasm_donor
Thanks for the recommendation!

Yes, I own and drive a 2010 Tidewater blue Sport. Ih ave done some extensive work on the stereo, charging system and electrical to make this little beast sing!

If anybody has any questions about their Fit and stereo upgrades, please message me here and I will do my best to help you out!

+1 for Mike over at SoundsGood, always a chill guy to be around and very helpful!

Old 07-28-2014, 01:19 AM
5 Year Member
Random question (sorry if it's technically not a "Fit" question.. but since we're talking about stereo systems...

don't suppose Mike can help my mom's CRV out? Happy Honda in N.Burnaby told her that her battery needed replacing. (it's a 1999 model) and of course when they swap out the old battery to a new one, pulling the battery will lock the stereo system. then they tell her that they don't have the radio code for her CRV anymore, and nobody bothered to tell her about writing one down when she bought it years ago.. now the only way to go about getting it unlocked is for them to pull out the radio unit and look at the serial number at the back of the radio unit, then putting it back in place and THEN charge her for labor and service just to re-activate a stereo system they bricked by pulling the battery in the first place.

is it better to just replace a new radio system or fork over $$ to Happy Honda and get it done anyways?

Old 07-28-2014, 02:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by V_Fit
Random question (sorry if it's technically not a "Fit" question.. but since we're talking about stereo systems...

don't suppose Mike can help my mom's CRV out? Happy Honda in N.Burnaby told her that her battery needed replacing. (it's a 1999 model) and of course when they swap out the old battery to a new one, pulling the battery will lock the stereo system. then they tell her that they don't have the radio code for her CRV anymore, and nobody bothered to tell her about writing one down when she bought it years ago.. now the only way to go about getting it unlocked is for them to pull out the radio unit and look at the serial number at the back of the radio unit, then putting it back in place and THEN charge her for labor and service just to re-activate a stereo system they bricked by pulling the battery in the first place.

is it better to just replace a new radio system or fork over $$ to Happy Honda and get it done anyways?
Don't pay Honda to find the code!!!

If you have the pouch that holds the owners manual, see if there is a credit card sized card with the radio code. Codes are generally 5 digits.
If you can't find the code there, look around the glove box for any stickers on it that may resemble a radio code.
If you still can't find it then try this Radio Code Retrieval.

If THAT doesn't work, physically pull the radio out yourself using this as a guide The Install Doctor - Honda CRV Stereo Installation / Honda CRV Radio Installation

At this point, you have either found the radio code or you've got the serial #. If you have the radio code, then you're done. If you have the serial #, take that serial number to any honda dealership and get them to look up the code in their computer. Honda should not be charging you to look this up. They might ask to verify that it's your car though....

Sorry Mike for taking away potential business, but it's just wrong for the guy's mom to have to buy a new deck because she changed a battery.

Old 08-02-2014, 02:23 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks Cruatchi! i'll definitely try these tricks out. if no avail, new radio it is!

Old 08-08-2014, 02:54 AM
Originally Posted by Cruatchi
Sorry Mike for taking away potential business, but it's just wrong for the guy's mom to have to buy a new deck because she changed a battery.
No problem there however....
If the deck is a 1999, then it has CD player and am/fm radio and that's it. Replacing the deck will do more than just solve a code issue, it will also get his mom an am/fm cd player with a much better DA converter, more power, USB flash drive capabilities, Ipod capabilities, MP3, Flak, WMA file playback capabilities, Bluetooth handsfree to avoid $167 tickets, Bluetooth audio streaming, optional satellite radio, a better EQ, a bigger display, a one or two year warranty. So for $150 you pretty much get all of this.

Its more than just a code thing.

Old 12-18-2014, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by V_Fit
Thanks Cruatchi! i'll definitely try these tricks out. if no avail, new radio it is!
So what happened with the crv?

Old 02-26-2015, 09:02 AM
5 Year Member
My car is done by Bpg tuning
Tell him Felix sent u