Accident Help...

Old 02-12-2014, 12:55 AM
5 Year Member
Accident Help...

long story short: rear ended someone. low speed but the other car was a pickup truck. i got the worst of it. looks bad. but i think it shouldn't be a huge job to fix, anyways. getting to my point: since his damage was minimal, we both agreed to settle this out of ICBC involvement. anybody know anyone who works in autoshops that can fix this? i have my OEM grille and hood in storage so those could be easily swapped out. here are the pics. you may... want to keep small children and fit enthusiast out of the room before viewing.. she ain't pretty...

i think the damage looks magnified because the hood is pushed back an inch or two. :s hood won't pop open either. the grille however... took the brunt of the damage.

Last edited by V_Fit; 02-12-2014 at 02:43 PM.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:26 AM
You may have damaged the A/C condensor, radiator, fans and top rail. The top rail may need to be cut out and a new one welded back in. Perhaps it can be pulled back into place. Did the air bags deploy?

I think you may be underestimating the damage to your car. By admitting fault in the forum, you certainly will be held accountable if your agreement with the owner of the truck falls apart.

Old 02-12-2014, 02:45 PM
5 Year Member
the guy decided it's best just to let icbc deal w/ it.

damage was ONLY to the grille and hood, AC has 2 minor scuffs but nothing major. airbag didn't deploy no damage to bumper/headlights. just stuff that got pulled by the grill on it's way out.. :b

Old 02-13-2014, 11:11 AM
5 Year Member
How were you distracted? Phone? Texting?

Best to let insurgence handle it. It will be more than you think.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:05 AM
5 Year Member
happened during rush hour. had the new puppy in the kennel next to me on the passenger seat. he started to whine. (usually he's pretty quiet during drives) glanced at him for a sec. looked forward and hadn't noticed the truck ahead of me pretty much was still there..

prob for the best to let the insurance deal w/ everything. his damage might have been minimal but like everyone else has mentioned, looks a minor fix but prob could be a lot of other things i'm not seeing.. in the meanwhile, i threw some mesh screen over the grille, zip tied it down, looks kinda neat naked nose and all.

Old 02-14-2014, 11:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by V_Fit
happened during rush hour. had the new puppy in the kennel next to me on the passenger seat. he started to whine. (usually he's pretty quiet during drives) glanced at him for a sec. looked forward and hadn't noticed the truck ahead of me pretty much was still there..

prob for the best to let the insurance deal w/ everything. his damage might have been minimal but like everyone else has mentioned, looks a minor fix but prob could be a lot of other things i'm not seeing.. in the meanwhile, i threw some mesh screen over the grille, zip tied it down, looks kinda neat naked nose and all.
Well that sucks. Just have to be so alert these days. I just missed being T-boned the other day. I was second car turning left as light turned yellow. I did not follow the first too close. Well a car ran the light coming the other way and having to swerve around the first one. I hit the brakes. I could hear the AHs tires squealing and he went around the other car.

Old 02-17-2014, 01:49 AM
5 Year Member
well i got t-boned and wrote off my car

anywho

i can fix it i work at morita autobody in new west

Old 02-22-2014, 01:11 AM
5 Year Member
ended up going w/ icbc. originally went to a shop near where i got my Fit, by Happy Honda in Burnaby. they took one look at my fit and was like.. we normally don't pass on business.... but there's a shop down the road that deals a lot w/ aftermarket kinda parts etc. icbc certified. so got re-directed to AKAutoworks.

whats up w/ Fits being such magnets for disaster?!!

just mad at myself for such carelessness. slight blemish to my perfect driving record. *tisk*...

was thinking about your shop Fitster, but icbc kept me waiting too long over the phone and didn't get a chance to pull up your shop as an option for an icbc shop to use. :T

Old 02-22-2014, 01:26 PM
5 Year Member
just mad at myself for such carelessness
It happens...but the best kind of accident is when no one gets hurt. This was very minor.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:23 PM
5 Year Member
Damn, that's sad to see. But important thing is that you're all right. Car wise, at least your Mugen lip is still intact.

Time to get the mugen grill.