Shortshifter

Old 03-18-2014, 04:28 PM
5 Year Member
Shortshifter

Any of you running a shortshifter? The throws on my '13 is way too long and I'd love to shorten it up.

What's out there?
Which one is good? Is it worth the price?
Can I feel yours?

Old 03-18-2014, 04:49 PM
I have the T1R and yes it shortens the throw significantly! Worth every penny

Old 03-18-2014, 05:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitderp
I have the T1R and yes it shortens the throw significantly! Worth every penny
Do you know the % of reduction?
How much did you pay?

I can only find the Mugen one on A&J's site. and even that one is only listed for 06-08 Fit's

Old 03-18-2014, 05:20 PM
not 100% sure of reduction % but they are advertised as 35%, also I got mine a while back when A&J had them in stock

do a google search, this is what I've found: T1R - Quick Shifter - Honda Fit 2009-Up GE8

Old 03-18-2014, 11:52 PM
5 Year Member
I spent the money on the Mugen one. You can actually order the part through any Honda dealer (or online).

It came as a whole new assembly, not just the shifter rod. Pretty straight forward install. Definitely made a difference. Make sure you pick up a weighted shifter knob too. That makes a huge difference (for the better).

Old 03-19-2014, 01:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by lowered_klass
I spent the money on the Mugen one. You can actually order the part through any Honda dealer (or online).

It came as a whole new assembly, not just the shifter rod. Pretty straight forward install. Definitely made a difference. Make sure you pick up a weighted shifter knob too. That makes a huge difference (for the better).
it can be ordered even through a local dealer? Is this the part number? 54000-XTK-000 I found it here Honda Quick Shifter (Fit Mugen) - Bernardi Honda Parts and Accessories

Do you know if the 09-11 will fit my 13? one post I found on here assumed yes, but I want to be certain.

Do you happen to know the % of reduction for it?

I'm kinda leaning towards that one right now due to the easy of install, but the price....

Can I cop a feel? or better yet....since you're leasing your Fit, are you willing to part with it now??

Old 03-19-2014, 02:53 AM
5 Year Member
I have the Mugen shifter and knob and the feeling is like night and day. I got mine from Bernardi and picked it up across the border.

Old 03-19-2014, 11:27 AM
5 Year Member
I have the mugen short shift plus Skunk2 adapter! Mugen itself is pretty good already! Worth the money! 30% throw reduction for just the mugen, probably you looking around 50% throw reduction with the skunk2 adapter and mugen combine.

Old 03-19-2014, 02:23 PM
5 Year Member
thanks for the reply guys/girls.
any of you willing to let me feel what it's like?
and do you know about compatibility with my '13?

Old 03-19-2014, 08:00 PM
There is also the Revo shifter assembly which is pretty much a copy of the Mugen I believe for around $90 on eBay.

If you're under warranty it might be a good idea to get the Mugen one just so there is absolutely no arguing if there's a trans issue that comes up while under warranty. You could probably fight your way out of a denied claim with the other ones but who wants to argue. That's the only reason I won't get one until my warranty is up or I will only get the Mugen one. Kind of thinking i'm just going to pull the trigger on one.

Old 03-20-2014, 12:10 AM
5 Year Member
It 'should' fit your '13. When in doubt, call the parts dept at your local dealer, or just call Bernardi/College Hills/etc.

You don't need to feel anyones shifter lol, just do it! It's a must-do mod to your Fit, especially if you're ordering the part from the states. Hands down one of the best mods I've done so far.

Just make sure you pick up a weighted knob as well. I have a Password JDM knob I like, but it's not weighted... it sucks compared to my weighted Blox knob.

I don't have the Skunk2 adapter, but I'm going to look into it right after I post this lol

Also, how do you know I'm leasing? I must have mentioned it in a previous post? lol I'll be buying out my Fit next year. I love the car too much to let it go

Old 03-20-2014, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
I am using the Revo short throw (copy of the mugen) i believe. Its awesome. Throw is significantly shorter. It is advertised at 40%. I have a weighted short knob on there and it feels heavy and solid.

Old 04-06-2014, 05:10 AM
5 Year Member
got the revo installed and it's not as good as I was expecting.
either zero or close to zero side to side reduction and I don't think it's 40% front to back. In my opinion, the shifter now is closer to what it should have been from the factory.
I'm glad I didn't buy it brand new and I'm REALLY glad that I didn't buy the mugen because at the price I paid for the revo, it still feels like it was too much for such minimal gains.

oh and for ppl's future reference
Bernardi doesn't know about fitment other than what's listed on their site.
Kingsmotorsport said does not fit
Kingsway Honda said the part number is not in their system
so in summary, when in doubt...the ppl who sell the parts may not be able to help you.

Forums are always better for figuring out interchangeability. Cuz it'll have information from ppl who have actually tried it.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:12 AM
So...whats your take on the REVO? not worth it?

Old 04-07-2014, 01:36 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by D429302
So...whats your take on the REVO? not worth it?
not worth it. But take it with a grain of salt because I've probably been spoiled with something better.
For around the same amount of money, the RSX can have about 1 cm of movement left or right, and 1 cm of movement front or back . with 2 cm of travel. you're in a gear. With the Fit, it's like 1 inch left or right, and 1 inch front or back. Being that the RSX's throws are over 50% shorter than the Fits after spending approximately the same amount of money. The RSX is way better bang for your buck.
But I will add, that it looks like the Fit's front and back movement is limited by the metal around the fuel tank. I suspect that if the shifts are made any shorter, the mechanism will start hitting the metal. I vaguely remember reading about people on these forums who will dent that panel when they use a shortshifter adapter (ie H-Fit) in addition to another shortshifter (ie Mugen or Revo) just to gain some clearance.

Old 04-07-2014, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by Cruatchi
not worth it. But take it with a grain of salt because I've probably been spoiled with something better.
For around the same amount of money, the RSX can have about 1 cm of movement left or right, and 1 cm of movement front or back . with 2 cm of travel. you're in a gear. With the Fit, it's like 1 inch left or right, and 1 inch front or back. Being that the RSX's throws are over 50% shorter than the Fits after spending approximately the same amount of money. The RSX is way better bang for your buck.
But I will add, that it looks like the Fit's front and back movement is limited by the metal around the fuel tank. I suspect that if the shifts are made any shorter, the mechanism will start hitting the metal. I vaguely remember reading about people on these forums who will dent that panel when they use a shortshifter adapter (ie H-Fit) in addition to another shortshifter (ie Mugen or Revo) just to gain some clearance.
Good to know. I know the feeling is good when the throws are shorter but I saw the REVO on ebay and was curious. I personally dont plan on getting a short shifter unless I extend the height of my shifter to be closer to my steering wheel for road racing or auto X purposes. thanks for the info.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by D429302
Good to know. I know the feeling is good when the throws are shorter but I saw the REVO on ebay and was curious. I personally dont plan on getting a short shifter unless I extend the height of my shifter to be closer to my steering wheel for road racing or auto X purposes. thanks for the info.
well if you're looking to extend the shifter, then the Revo will only make matters worse because the height of the stick is shortened. at stock, there's a natural gap between the shiftboot and the knob. with the revo, there is no gap. so stick is maybe 1 cm shorter on the revo when compared to stock?

Old 04-08-2014, 11:06 AM
Then just get a longer extension?