Honda Fit Dealer Representatives Interact with local Honda dealer representatives for news, availability and purchase information.

Oakland Honda experience

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 11:39 PM
5 Year Member
Oakland Honda experience

I picked up the 2010 Honda Fit Sport Auto OTD for $19,948 with 25,000 miles maintenance & factory alarm, wheel lock and protection package (door edge). Yeah, the sales people from Oakland Honda is terrible. They promised me with 0.9 ARP. After walking into the office, they changed to 3.9 APR. After 10 minutes of talking, they said that if i buy the maintenance warranty & alarm, they would give me 0.9. Now, you can tell that they BS so much. Due to the long hours of struggle, I decided to just buy the car.

At this point, I have been very upsad because the price seems to be high but i tell myself just enjoy the car. The car looks good and i just love the style so much. But thinking about the total cost of this car, it just make me hard to fall asleep.

Guys, say something.... do you think I just just forget it and move on? I would not recommend anyone to buy a car from Oakland Honda. The guy is just BS and they sell you extra just to make you pay more money. Yes, the alarm is piece of crap and the 25,000 maintenance is just waste of money. But what else can i do? I was really try to take the 0.9 APR now since the 2010 model will not come with 0.9.

I hope this is helpful for all new buyers. I think is the car too attractive to me, so i end up paying too much. I would take this as a lesson.

Old 10-01-2010, 04:49 AM
5 Year Member
it's oakland... what do you expect? Ever watch that discovery channel show about the oakland gangs? Imagine the clients the dealer probably has.

Old 10-01-2010, 06:38 PM
5 Year Member
Well I wouldn't trust Lyon's view of Oakland. Mainly because annoying sales tactics exist in every city, in spite of any reputation brought on by a media image.

At this point you can only face the fact that there's no recourse. Remember that the price you paid is only too much if you don't enjoy the car. Sound's like you'll be loving the car for years and after a while a price difference of $500-$1000 won't mean much.

The best revenge will be to never visit, spend money at, or recommend Honda of Oakland again. They'll end up losing a future good customer.

In the future you'll remember that when buying a car, always be prepared to take control by leaving one dealership for another. Just walk away and the sales person looses all power.

Scott

Old 10-01-2010, 06:55 PM
my advice for your next car purchase is go in the middle or the end of the month, use cars.com, ask for quotes and look at the dealer invoice, go in the evening and have a loan from a bank or credit union, .9% is a scheme, much like bait and switch. have them give you a quote for your car prior to coming in for your trade in. going in the evening is better because when it is dark it is harder for the dealer to inspect your car, and be willing to order a car with/ with out the add ons, and if they are unwilling to work with you some other dealer will. just my .02