Honda Fit Dealer Representatives Interact with local Honda dealer representatives for news, availability and purchase information.

SOCAL: Availability for Fit Sport Manual

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
SOCAL: Availability for Fit Sport Manual

Hello, I am in the market for a Taffeta White Fit with Sport Package and manual transmission. Been having an issue finding one. The local dealer has pulled the bait and switch and tried to sell me one of another color. I did a search through the inventory of the local dealers nearby without any luck. Thanks in advance.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:29 PM
jsr
5 Year Member
Most dealers are willing to trade with other socal dealers which helps expand your available area. If your local dealer isn't willing to do so, try contacting Winston Wei at Norm Reeves in West Covina. A bit of a drive for you, but he has quite a few Sports in stock and is willing to find a trade. Tell him Johnny with the white Base Fit sent you as he's given everyone I send to him a great deal.

Old 10-20-2011, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by mrjohntan
Hello, I am in the market for a Taffeta White Fit with Sport Package and manual transmission. Been having an issue finding one. The local dealer has pulled the bait and switch and tried to sell me one of another color. I did a search through the inventory of the local dealers nearby without any luck. Thanks in advance.
I know this thread is a bit old... just wondering if there are any SoCal dealers out there with either a base or sport white fit M/T

Old 10-20-2011, 06:30 PM
5 Year Member
I am in WA state, just ordered Sport MT from factory as there are no new MT's in state. Any dealer can look at what is available all over your state....

Old 10-20-2011, 06:32 PM
I've got the same reply....that there are none in SoCal. When asked about ordering one, they usually ignore that question altogether and say they have others available and coming in....

How long will it take to have your order fulfilled?

Old 10-20-2011, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vietcious
I've got the same reply....that there are none in SoCal. When asked about ordering one, they usually ignore that question altogether and say they have others available and coming in....

How long will it take to have your order fulfilled?
Yes, exactly, I had to do some arm twisting to get someone to order it for me. As I read on another thread here, the car dealers do not care about getting you what you want (especially for a lower-profit Fit), they care about selling their inventory on hand. But they will order, albeit reluctantly.

As for when it will arrive---anytime between now and the 2nd week in December, "depending". Be prepared to wait.

Old 10-20-2011, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by afreespirit
Yes, exactly, I had to do some arm twisting to get someone to order it for me. As I read on another thread here, the car dealers do not care about getting you what you want (especially for a lower-profit Fit), they care about selling their inventory on hand. But they will order, albeit reluctantly.

As for when it will arrive---anytime between now and the 2nd week in December, "depending". Be prepared to wait.
ouch...between now and 2nd week of dec? That's a lot of waiting... I guess I better go twist some arms soon...

Thanks! Hope yours comes soon

Old 10-21-2011, 12:04 AM
5 Year Member
Yes, first they will try to "swap", that is, snag the one I want if there is one already incoming anywhere in the country...if that fails then they place factory order and will keep me updated on build via email. So that is why wide variance in timeframe and I would advise you to get one on order ASAP. My salesperson said they would be placing their factory order soon for this month, October.

Here is what one dealer emailed me (not the one I went with), don't know exactly how true it all is but prob pretty close:

I won't know the exact timeframe to find you a car until you decide to order. As crazy as it sounds, with over 1,000 dealerships in the United States and with cars being ordered and sold every day, we take a look at what is available at the time the order is taken. Sometimes we find out right away, sometimes we have to do a little trading with other dealerships (anywhere in the US) that may have what you want, already on order, and trade to get that coming to us instead of them.

So that being said. For sure, no matter what it will not be here until the end of November or early December. That is an easy answer as Honda isn't building any until next week (silver Fit Sport with manual transmission). And they generally take 4 to 6 weeks to get here after their build date (depends on when the ship leaves Japan, etc...)

I would say it is very likely you could get it in early December IF... - the key is to have you reserve one ASAP so we can lock one down, otherwise it will probably be in the next shipment arriving in early January.

Old 10-22-2011, 01:40 PM
Just curious...how much of a deposit did your Honda require you to put down?

Old 10-22-2011, 03:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vietcious
Just curious...how much of a deposit did your Honda require you to put down?
$500, is standard deposit