Honda Fit Dealer Representatives Interact with local Honda dealer representatives for news, availability and purchase information.

2016 Manual EX Fit - anywhere US? When available?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2015, 06:27 PM
2016 Manual EX Fit - anywhere US? When available?

Hi, Went by the local dealer and saw a nice red 15 EX manual...went back today to test and buy...sold yesterday! Making it worse, I passed it going home! Oh well, maybe it's better to get a J made 16, but when will they be available, preferably in Northern VA?

Old 10-20-2015, 08:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tugboat6
Hi, Went by the local dealer and saw a nice red 15 EX manual...went back today to test and buy...sold yesterday! Making it worse, I passed it going home! Oh well, maybe it's better to get a J made 16, but when will they be available, preferably in Northern VA?
I just checked the On-Order list. I do not see any 6 Speed Fits. You might have seen a recent thread where I shared that Honda will be lowering production of manual Fits for the 2016 model year.

That being said, my last 2015 Fit is an EX 6 Speed in Pearl White. It has a custom black vinyl wrap and hand painted pinstripe.

Does this interest you?

Attached Thumbnails 2016 Manual EX Fit - anywhere US? When available?-343ke3k.jpg   2016 Manual EX Fit - anywhere US? When available?-14c9pb5.jpg   2016 Manual EX Fit - anywhere US? When available?-28ugphe.jpg   2016 Manual EX Fit - anywhere US? When available?-pulwn.jpg  
Old 10-20-2015, 11:33 PM
Thank you Jorge! I like the black roof on the white Fit! Nice work. Drove a yellow manual today - very nice. Everything except the steering wheel - being in the business and the Honda Geek, maybe you know if a Civic Si steering wheel could be swapped at purchase time w/o voiding warranty. Could and would your dealership do it? The base steering wheel is really keepng me out of the Fit, and I do not want the EX-L because of the CVT and leather seats. Might seem like a minor issue, but it's a touch point every time I drive. Thanks again!

Old 10-21-2015, 09:21 AM
5 Year Member
Thank you Jorge! I like the black roof on the white Fit! Nice work. Drove a yellow manual today - very nice. Everything except the steering wheel - being in the business and the Honda Geek, maybe you know if a Civic Si steering wheel could be swapped at purchase time w/o voiding warranty. Could and would your dealership do it? The base steering wheel is really keepng me out of the Fit, and I do not want the EX-L because of the CVT and leather seats. Might seem like a minor issue, but it's a touch point every time I drive. Thanks again!
I Civic Si wont be a direct fit(no pun intended), but the leather steering wheel from an EX-L would work. That being said, since its not an accessory, it would technically void a warranty since you are altering original hardware.

Can it be done? Yes. But the labor cost would be high, since they would have to take apart the original wheel in its entirety, then attach all the components to the leather unit. See diagram below:

You would get part#7, but then you would have to reattach every single part showed, from the original wheel.

If you don't mind going with an aftermarket wheel, it would be much cheaper, as long as you don't mind losing your voice command buttons for Bluetooth.

Attached Thumbnails 2016 Manual EX Fit - anywhere US? When available?-x55952.gif  
Old 10-21-2015, 12:13 PM
Thank you. The detailed diagram does make it appear complicated with its piece by peice breakdown. Probably not worth the costs when new....maybe a DIY later. DOn't want the aftermarket wheel either - like the factory functionality, but absolutely don't want to give up airbag. Too picky. Thanks again!

Old 10-22-2015, 07:33 AM
5 Year Member
I saw you mentioned in another thread that you don't want to do a wheel wrap, but it's probably the cheapest/easiest route. I hated the stock plastic steering wheel. It was so slippery. I bought the wheel skins perforated wrap and it's the best upgrade I've done.

Old 10-22-2015, 09:52 AM
Thanks! That's probably the way I will go too. Good to hear about your success with WheelSkins. The stock wheel just reminds me too much of my old Odyssey. I was just looking at the installation instructions - not sure my sewing and attention to detail will be up to standard! Stock might be better than a DIY for me.

Old 10-22-2015, 11:51 AM
5 Year Member
You definitely have to take your time. It says an hour, but I'd double to triple that estimate to do it right. I am a complete novice and it took two hours.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:39 PM
Well, I haven't bought any new car, bought and installed a wheel skins perforated leather steering wheel cover on the old Odyssey - kind of testing it out to help me decide on a Fit EX 6MT or not. The wheel skins is much better than I expected. Very good quality and style. Installation took almost as long as a football game. Thanks for the advice!
While waiting for the Fits, I've been thinking of waiting for the new Civic Si. Oh well, at least the Odyssey is running and feels new. It has a refresh mode too! Camping, hauling, off-roading, it does it all, and I am getting over 40 miles per 2 gallons!

Old 11-19-2015, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member
Well, I haven't bought any new car, bought and installed a wheel skins perforated leather steering wheel cover on the old Odyssey - kind of testing it out to help me decide on a Fit EX 6MT or not. The wheel skins is much better than I expected. Very good quality and style. Installation took almost as long as a football game. Thanks for the advice!
While waiting for the Fits, I've been thinking of waiting for the new Civic Si. Oh well, at least the Odyssey is running and feels new. It has a refresh mode too! Camping, hauling, off-roading, it does it all, and I am getting over 40 miles per 2 gallons!
The Si and the Fit are two very different vehicles. I guess it really depends on what you want and budget, since the Si is $4k to $7k more car.

Old 11-28-2015, 04:32 PM
Hi Jorge - I'm trying to find a '16 Fit base with 6speed, but they all have '3' VIN codes. Do you know if there will be any 'J' VIN '16 Honda Fits with 6speeds? My dealer wasn't sure. (also do you know if the manuals will be offered in white?) Thanks and hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!

Old 11-29-2015, 10:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AM81
Hi Jorge - I'm trying to find a '16 Fit base with 6speed, but they all have '3' VIN codes. Do you know if there will be any 'J' VIN '16 Honda Fits with 6speeds? My dealer wasn't sure. (also do you know if the manuals will be offered in white?) Thanks and hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!
I would have to check on this tomorrow, however, almost all the manuals seem to be Milano Red. I will get back to you.

Old 11-30-2015, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
The region has no manuals on order. The only I see on the ground in my region is ready and made in Mexico. The rest of the cars that are on the order for the rest of the country, a total of five, for them are red, the other one is not white.