Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

David McDavid Irving, TX

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 01:54 PM
Thumbs down David McDavid Irving, TX

Horrible dealership. I ordered a white/black sport manual, sign documents, and waited. When the car arrived, the interior was beige. Dealership wouldn't do anything to get me what I wanted and said if they order another car than I'd have 2 cars. I accused them of Bait and Switch and walked. Texas State Law is if you don't drive it off the lot, the car's not yours.

Old 07-14-2007, 05:49 AM
Yeah I'm still waiting for mine...deposit more than a week ago

Old 07-14-2007, 12:05 PM
Watch out for the prep or doc fee. It should be only $50 and they're known to charge more ridiculous misc fees.

Old 07-17-2007, 02:45 AM
I just got a call from them telling me that no more Sport M/T available. This is a week after he told me he had ordered me one. What the hell is going on?

Old 07-17-2007, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by ph0ng
Horrible dealership. I ordered a white/black sport manual, sign documents, and waited. When the car arrived, the interior was beige. Dealership wouldn't do anything to get me what I wanted and said if they order another car than I'd have 2 cars. I accused them of Bait and Switch and walked. Texas State Law is if you don't drive it off the lot, the car's not yours.
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Crap like that is the reason why so many people have a bad perception about buying cars. I don't know if it will help but I got my Fit from David McDavid Frisco. I had a great experience with no problems at all. Maybe they can do something for you. They had a few Fits on the lot last week when I was there getting my car washed. I just didn't pay attention to what models there were.

Old 07-17-2007, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
Hey ph0ng...

I must have bought the car you didn't want. I was actually looking for a white sport manual w/black interior too. I went to look at the silver sport McDavid had and the beige interior in the white one. Once I saw the beige interior, I really liked it. I bought it at the end of April, so I'm sure it was the same one. I got it for MSRP and free tint. Of course, they had to redo the tint, because of the horrible job they did the first time. I had my salesman remove the stupid David McDavid Honda emblem before I would sign the paperwork. That has to be one of the ugliest dealer emblems out there. I think I then insulted the accesory girl when I questioned the prices on all of the items. McDavid wasn't the greatest dealership, but at least I got the car for MSRP. I was at Freeman Honda (Dallas) about a month ago, and they had a white sport auto. It had some floor mats and the worst pinstripes possible (they didn't even follow the lines of the car). Anyway, the sticker price was over $18,000!

Old 07-23-2007, 09:50 PM
5 Year Member
Gunn Honda might be your better choice

Old 07-29-2007, 11:06 AM
I'm surprised David McDavid didn't have you inspect the car first before signing papers. At any rate, you did the right thing in walking. There are lots of Honda dealers in the area. Most, unfortunately, I found either a) had horrible markups or b) had no Fits on the lot and tried to upsell me to a Civic.

For what it's worth, I bought my Fit Sport from Bankston in Lewisville. They had several Fits on the lot at the time and seemed to be better-stocked than most other area Honda dealerships. I got mine for MSRP, too!

Bankston was pretty easy to deal with. You might want to check with them.

Old 08-01-2007, 12:45 AM
I had a good experience with Huggins Honda in NRH. My salesman was cool and didnt pressure me into stupid stuff. I ended up with MSRP on a milano red sport automatic with no regrets. Just make sure you get an aftermarket tint from Altamere Window tints down the road. They do a kick ass job!

Karl