Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Santa Ana Honda - bait & switch

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 01:11 AM
Thumbs down Santa Ana Honda - bait & switch

So I called them tonight and asked them for a price quote. They told me the MSRP. I asked Aldo (the sales guy on the phone) if they were flexible on that b/c others are discounting it a few hundred below. He said yes, I've never lost a sale b/c of price.

(There's a billboard off the 55 that says this, what a joke )

So I asked him what kind of price he could do, and he said they don't negotiate over the phone, but if I was there, we could work it out. So I drove down there.

I called him when I got there and instead he sent his 'partner' Hector. He told me Hector would take care of me and I was in good hands.

I asked Hector about the price and Hector wouldn't budge from MSRP. This is on a 2007 .. granted it's not real old, but 2008's are on the lot. His big reason was the splash guards and the lock nuts. Are you kidding me? I told Hector this is BS and walked off the lot .. he followed me to the car and said that we could talk to the manager and try to work something out. I told him they have my number .. call me if you can give me a deal .. otherwise forget it they're wasting my time. Needless to say, they didn't call me.

Aldo probably didn't want to come talk to me b/c he already planned the bait and switch. Oh well, his loss. I'm ready to buy, but there's no reason to get screwed by a shady salesperson / team. I mean, if this is how I'm treated before they have my money .. it's only going to get worse.

Old 09-23-2007, 01:18 AM
Sorry, I tried to edit the title but it won't let me.

This is Santa Ana Honda in Santa Ana, California.

Old 09-23-2007, 01:26 AM
so , you didnt buy it because of a few hundred dollars ? that will only affect your payment maybe 2 dollars.

Old 09-23-2007, 01:30 AM
It's principle. If I told you I would do something for you, but did not .. why would you give me the business .. then apply this to service / warranty.

I can get MSRP anywhere. There's 2 dealers on the forum who openly do a couple hundred under.

Old 09-23-2007, 02:20 AM
5 Year Member
Sorry you had horrible service =/ I actually got my Fit from there and they gave it to me for $500 under MSRP almost about 2 months ago..so they're lying if they said they couldn't do it for you now..especially with the '08s out =/ But good luck with your Fit buying!

Oh..I talked to Alex btw, in case you still wanted to give that dealer another shot x]

Old 09-23-2007, 01:35 PM
Thanks .. maybe if I get desperate. Searching around last night I found a couple (Long Beach & Carson) dealerships posting 2008 Fit Sports @ $16070 or so .. that's about $500 under MSRP too. I'll give them a try.

Old 09-23-2007, 04:49 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JustinD
so , you didnt buy it because of a few hundred dollars ? that will only affect your payment maybe 2 dollars.
Yes, everything is cheap if you borrow money From a more realistic point of view a few hundred dollars represents a lot of hours spent at work, also consider that is after tax. Plus you don't pay additional interest on that money .

I had the same type of service in Calgary, nobody would budge on the price. So I went to the nearest small town about 20 mins away and negotiated about 500$ off the price and 500$ in extras. Much nicer people too! They have room to move, even on the smaller cars. But they need to be pushed a bit

Old 09-23-2007, 10:09 PM
Thanks for giving reviews for the Santa Ana and Irvine Honda, I live at Tustin and hoping to get a Fit soon.

Do keep us updated on your search.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:20 PM
No problem .. I'll post a new thread w/some summary of experience.

Old 10-04-2007, 04:55 PM
Santa Ana was the my first stop as well when we bought our Fit. Needless to say it was one of the worst experiences I have ever had at a Honda dealership. The sales ppl didnt want to even look as us let alone help us. When I did talk to a guy finally he was acting like he as better than me and had a attitude totally unfriendly, no salesmanship at all. I know Im only buying a Honda Fit $15k, doesnt mean that we dont have money and you can treat us like shit!! The feeling that I got when I was there was like I was surrounded by a bunch of hard ass thug gangbangers, there was like tension in the air. I would never go back there for anything, not even parts, or a carwash. They totally lost a sale with me that day and forever!! Watch out for this dealership!! I ended up buying our Fit at Hardin Honda in Orange, great people, friendly, totally pleased. We got it in about 2 weeks in the color and interior that we ordered!! A+ for them!!

Old 10-16-2007, 03:32 AM
5 Year Member
Deleted thank you

Last edited by dhL17xO; 06-23-2020 at 03:42 AM.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:04 AM
Power Honda, Costa Mesa

basically it was a bait switch. went to the dealer and the news sales spoke w/ me . ask for a test drive , and was told i dont know how to drive stick , had another sales sit w/ me . but during the drive around the block said he'll speak w/ his boss and give a great deal. went inside boss came out and price didnt even budge from MSRP . and as for first time buyer. said monthly would be 400-500!?!?! just got up and said that i'll speak w/ my wife first... just wanted to get the heck out of there, imagine 3 sales 1 of them the sales manager all talkin at the same time w/ their smart remarks ... said that it was a certified used w/ 40k PEACE!

Old 10-16-2007, 09:47 AM
5 Year Member
Hey go to Hardin Honda off the 57 FWY on ball Rd. They will great service and great deal. That where I brought my Fit, if you do go there ask for Scott, there will handle, if I'm remember I thinks they still have one or two 07' left so you can get great deal on those.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kingsfit
basically it was a bait switch. went to the dealer and the news sales spoke w/ me . ask for a test drive , and was told i dont know how to drive stick , had another sales sit w/ me . but during the drive around the block said he'll speak w/ his boss and give a great deal. went inside boss came out and price didnt even budge from MSRP . and as for first time buyer. said monthly would be 400-500!?!?! just got up and said that i'll speak w/ my wife first... just wanted to get the heck out of there, imagine 3 sales 1 of them the sales manager all talkin at the same time w/ their smart remarks ... said that it was a certified used w/ 40k PEACE!

Dude that a lot for a month! my about 350 a month with 5K down, but I Finish paying it off in the first years. lol

Old 10-16-2007, 04:47 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by azncarbos
Hey go to Hardin Honda off the 57 FWY on ball Rd. They will great service and great deal. That where I brought my Fit, if you do go there ask for Scott, there will handle, if I'm remember I thinks they still have one or two 07' left so you can get great deal on those.
oh i wouldn't recommend hardin honda. i called them in '06 looking for a TW Fit Sport with MT and they said they had one but it was in their "storage warehouse" and it would be $17K. i asked if i could come down and check it out, and they said no, but i could come check out their other fits instead. and i said why? how am i supposed to buy a white fit if you won't let me see it? and they said some bullsh*t like this car is so rare we don't want to let people see it. So i figured they don't even have it and are just being a buncha little b*tches trying to make me go there and possibly buy a different fit.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:04 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
just come and see me

Old 10-17-2007, 01:15 PM
I paid $16,500 last month for my '08 sport auto and the dealership i went to, Williamson Honda, threw the all-weather floor mats in for free and my payments are under $300 with only putting $1,000 down.

Old 10-17-2007, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by doctordoom
oh i wouldn't recommend hardin honda. i called them in '06 looking for a TW Fit Sport with MT and they said they had one but it was in their "storage warehouse" and it would be $17K. i asked if i could come down and check it out, and they said no, but i could come check out their other fits instead. and i said why? how am i supposed to buy a white fit if you won't let me see it? and they said some bullsh*t like this car is so rare we don't want to let people see it. So i figured they don't even have it and are just being a buncha little b*tches trying to make me go there and possibly buy a different fit.
I just went to Hardin two days ago, and only found red, silver storm, and blue, they were pretty nice at first, but they seem a bit pissed off when you don't buy shit from them.

Old 10-17-2007, 02:26 PM
Santa Ana salemans are crazy, they keep trying to lure you into buying a car and they make you wait for so damn long. We tried to leave at least 10 times but they keep talking to us like were still interested, each time they check to see if a car is available or check with the manager, it takes like 10 f****** minutes, than another, and so on. But they do have a lot of cars to choose from.

Old 10-18-2007, 10:32 PM
5 Year Member
jdmchhris, sent you a pm. =)

Quick Reply: Santa Ana Honda - bait & switch