Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Irvine, CA - Fladeboe Honda (bait & switch)

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 01:25 AM
Thumbs down Irvine, CA - Fladeboe Honda (bait & switch)

This dealer seemed very nice till I hit the finance manager. That's pretty much when it hit me. I think the sales manager was in on it too .. he should definitely know better.

I got the email quote for a Sport Auto. I went to the lot after work & test drove, etc, and ended up filling out the loan papers etc. for the car. The sales manager didn't budge much but he did finally throw in the floormats. He shook my hand and told me congrats on the car.

So I did all the paperwork and then the finance manager won't sell me the car for the agreed upon and quoted many many times pricing. He told me it was 1000 too low. Supposedly someone screwed up and gave me the wrong pricing, (for a base model, not sport) even though the stock # is on everything (the last 5 digits of the VIN). At this point I was like thanks for wasting 2 hours of my time, there's no way I'm going to pay 1000 more just b/c you say so. I grabbed my paperwork and left. I got the 4 square thing w/the full VIN & price .. the financing program payments calc. w/the price. Their disclosure policy is a joke, too.

Sad thing is, I was going to buy the car. They didn't apologize about the 'mistake' or attempt to do anything for me. They just let me walk off pissed.

And the difference b/t the base and the sport is not $1000, it's about $2000. So if it was a 'mistake', then they were ripping me off. But the sales manager already agreed to it .. and he should know if the pricing is wrong or not. BS.

Last edited by chubbcubb; 09-23-2007 at 01:28 AM.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:00 AM
5 Year Member
You seem predetermined to be ripped off. Try some positive thinking on the way to the next dealership.

Old 09-23-2007, 06:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by PizzaFit
You seem predetermined to be ripped off. Try some positive thinking on the way to the next dealership.

took the words right out of my mouth

Old 09-23-2007, 01:32 PM
Uhh, ok? All the reasoning was done after the fact, not before. Not like I realized the whole base vs. sport thing until way after. It just popped up when I was reflecting on it.

I'm sorry I like to hold people to a decent standard. If keeping your word is asking too much, maybe you need to have a different shopping experience .. I have positive reviews, they just aren't Hondas.

Old 12-13-2007, 11:08 PM
Err yeah, why are you guys ripping on Chubbcubb? The finance manager tried to screw him out of $1k, you know the sales guys aren't so clueless that they just randomly get the price wrong by $1000 for no apparent reason (ESPECIALLY when the ACTUAL VIN# is on the paper for that matter!)... I woulda been pretty damn pissed as well.

In fact, the purchase agreement I am looking at at this very moment (not sure if Chubbcubb filled one out or if it's the same in his area) says on the top "this is a legal and binding contract". If he filled out such a paper, signed it... and then they tried to say "oh wait btw it's actually $1000 more"?? Screw that, I really hope that's not what happened or those sales guys need to be taught a thing or two!

Old 12-25-2007, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by necro2600
Err yeah, why are you guys ripping on Chubbcubb? The finance manager tried to screw him out of $1k, you know the sales guys aren't so clueless that they just randomly get the price wrong by $1000 for no apparent reason (ESPECIALLY when the ACTUAL VIN# is on the paper for that matter!)... I woulda been pretty damn pissed as well.

In fact, the purchase agreement I am looking at at this very moment (not sure if Chubbcubb filled one out or if it's the same in his area) says on the top "this is a legal and binding contract". If he filled out such a paper, signed it... and then they tried to say "oh wait btw it's actually $1000 more"?? Screw that, I really hope that's not what happened or those sales guys need to be taught a thing or two!
that's exactly what im thinking.