Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Honda Carland - Roswell, GA

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 11:06 AM
Thumbs up Honda Carland - Roswell, GA

I was interested in the Fit for the fuel economy and versatility, but coming from an Accord with a V6, I wasn't really going to be sure until I did a test drive. I was really dreading the whole dealership experience, as I've had some pretty excruciating experiences in the past. I decided to stop at Honda Carland since they are the closest. It looks like a very small dealership from the road and I only saw one Fit on the lot, but it turns out they have a whole parking deck behind the dealership with a ton of cars. And, as it turned out, they had the exact car I wanted, the '08 Fit Sport, manual transmission and Milano Red! I knew I was in trouble.

The salesman we worked with was actually quite pleasant to deal with. He was very friendly and was not at all pushy. He showed us the Fit, demonstrated the magic seat and some of the other features, and then let us take it out for a test drive. Of course I fell in love with it right away.

So we decided to see what kind of deal we could work out. I braced myself for a lowball offer on my trade. I had already done the research on trade in value with Kelly Blue Book so I knew what it was worth. Much to my amazement, they didn't try to screw us and gave us a fair deal on the trade-in and even took a little bit off the sticker price on the Fit. So far, so good.

OK, we knew we would get worked over in the business office. Once again, I'm glad to report, we were pleasantly surprised. He asked us how long we typically keep a car, I said 3-4 years, so he didn't try to push the extended warranty. He printed out a sheet showing the finance rates for various terms, as well as with various combinations of dealer add-ons such as the extended warranty, tire protection, Simoniz, and I think gap insurance? But amazingly he didn't try to push any of that stuff on us, and we got a decent interest rate.

Needless to say, overall I was very pleased with the experience. My wife spotted another Fit that looked kind of purple (apparently a brand new color) so we may be back in a few months to trade in her car.