Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

jim coleman honda clarksville maryland

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 05:56 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs down jim coleman honda clarksville maryland

so they charged me $295 for mudguards for my honda fit sport model. they dont make mudguards for the sport model, only the base. i went up to the dealership today to try and work something out and they pretty much told me there is nothing they can do because it happened 6 months ago and i already got a savings of 750$ on my fit(i still ended up paying 19.4k out the door!) and that 295 is taking a big chunk out of my supposed 750$ saving...

long story short i am taking them to small claims court. my family has bought over 6 hondas from them since 2000. its rediculous that they would treat such a commited customer this way.

after they told me there was nothing they can do they offered me my next service i would need done for free. i told them i dont take my car to their service department, i take it to a friend who is a mechanic i trust and i know he does great work, i already get a discount from him. your offer doesnt suit me well at all. now why after telling me for 2 hours that there is nothing they can do would they offer me 300-400$ service for free if they werent in the wrong? hmmm may be because they ARE wrong and they know it! they said there is nothing else they can offer me.

so think twice before buying your car from jim coleman honda. it has been a horrible first time car buying experience with them. and i do not recommend anybody buying a car from them unless they enjoy throwing large amounts of money away.

i will post back when this is settled, i cant believe a dealership would make me take them to small claims court over 295$ + tax...unbelievable, theyre thieves in suits and that is all they are. very disappointed.

Old 05-28-2008, 06:28 PM
Gotta love dealerships ..........

Old 05-28-2008, 06:29 PM
5 Year Member
after talking to them again, they have told me that i could possibly bring my clutch parts in and get them installed for free and call it even. as long as the service department doesnt have a problem with installing an aftermarket flywheel. so hopefully this will resolve it. would greatly change my perception of the dealership.

i will post back tomorrow and see if this has been resolved.

Old 05-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by kancerr
after talking to them again, they have told me that i could possibly bring my clutch parts in and get them installed for free and call it even. as long as the service department doesnt have a problem with installing an aftermarket flywheel. so hopefully this will resolve it. would greatly change my perception of the dealership.

i will post back tomorrow and see if this has been resolved.
That's a pretty good deal then. Maybe they will make it right for you. Hope so, because that was B.S.

good luck.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:01 PM
5 Year Member
yeah so i showed up and they tried to tell me once i got there that i would still have to pay 500$ for labor...which would be the difference -400 they said they would credit me. i told them before i went up there that i dont want to do it if i have to pay anything because i can get it done for 150 at a friends.

so screw jim coleman honda! they tried to get over on me again. i will try once more for them to make it right by may be seeing if they will give me a arm rest or a couple things like that equal to the cost of the mudguards. if they dont i will be taking them to small claims court.

i would really suggest just staying away from this honda dealership and going to one that treats their customers right. there are plenty of good dealerships out there. this is not one of them.

Old 06-28-2008, 07:50 AM
I am still trying to figure out how you saved $750 ?!? They seem extremely shady!!

Old 06-28-2008, 04:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sneyeper
I am still trying to figure out how you saved $750 ?!? They seem extremely shady!!

yeah...i saved 750$ but my total costs walking out the door was 19.4k...really great savings huh? haha. guys there are complete douchebags. theyve pretty much ruined my summer. ive missed 3 chances to go on vacation so far because of them telling me they were going to fix my clutch to make up for the money they ripped me off on. ;/

Old 06-29-2008, 05:54 AM
kbh
5 Year Member
I tried them years ago when I was in the market for an Odyssey and all their vehicles come with a "package" of dealer add-ons such as mud flaps, floor mats, pinstriping, roof rack rails,etc. I think at least three items were the minimum. Such BS. I walked away after that encounter. Ended up going to O'Donnell Honda across town who was very fair.

Old 06-30-2008, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by kancerr
so they charged me $295 for mudguards for my honda fit sport model. they dont make mudguards for the sport model, only the base. i went up to the dealership today to try and work something out and they pretty much told me there is nothing they can do because it happened 6 months ago and i already got a savings of 750$ on my fit(i still ended up paying 19.4k out the door!) and that 295 is taking a big chunk out of my supposed 750$ saving...

long story short i am taking them to small claims court. my family has bought over 6 hondas from them since 2000. its rediculous that they would treat such a commited customer this way.

after they told me there was nothing they can do they offered me my next service i would need done for free. i told them i dont take my car to their service department, i take it to a friend who is a mechanic i trust and i know he does great work, i already get a discount from him. your offer doesnt suit me well at all. now why after telling me for 2 hours that there is nothing they can do would they offer me 300-400$ service for free if they werent in the wrong? hmmm may be because they ARE wrong and they know it! they said there is nothing else they can offer me.

so think twice before buying your car from jim coleman honda. it has been a horrible first time car buying experience with them. and i do not recommend anybody buying a car from them unless they enjoy throwing large amounts of money away.

i will post back when this is settled, i cant believe a dealership would make me take them to small claims court over 295$ + tax...unbelievable, theyre thieves in suits and that is all they are. very disappointed.
Re: the mudguards... this was also on my sticker. I purchased from Precision Honda in Jasper, AL. I told the salesman I wasn't paying for that or the pinstriping that they always put on. He tried the spiel of how they come with the car etc. His face was priceless when I told him the Fit Sport doesn't have mudguards, that they only fit the base model, so why would I pay for something that doesn't fit the car?.
No telling how many people like yourself they've sold "mudguards" to that didn't want or couldn't use them. Best of luck in getting it resolved.

Old 06-30-2008, 05:11 PM
5 Year Member
yeah thanks, its looking like i will have to take them to small claims court...going to call the dealership now to see if i can work out a deal...

i just got off the phone with the manager of the dealership and it sounds like hes hasnt even talked about this from the salesman. i told him the salesman says they couldnt refund my money and he never even talked to him. i am going up there monday and sitting down with the manager and the salesman to try and work something out.

Last edited by kancerr; 06-30-2008 at 05:19 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:58 AM
Hope it works out good ... good luck with the sit-down!!!

Old 07-08-2008, 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by kbh
I tried them years ago when I was in the market for an Odyssey and all their vehicles come with a "package" of dealer add-ons such as mud flaps, floor mats, pinstriping, roof rack rails,etc. I think at least three items were the minimum. Such BS. I walked away after that encounter. Ended up going to O'Donnell Honda across town who was very fair.
I just got my Fit at O'Donnell 6 weeks ago. Gotta love 'em. NO dealer extras. Hagerstown Honda tried to get me for 1800 in dealer extras. No way.