Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

goudy honda in alhambra, ca

Old 06-01-2008, 02:12 PM
Thumbs down goudy honda in alhambra, ca

Read mixed reviews on Goudy Honda and thought I'd give it a try. I need to vent haha.

Communicated via email through the sales department and spoke with Chay, one of the internet agents. He told me that they had this, this, and this color in stock over the phone. I got a better internet quote through Hardin Honda so he told me to bring it in and they will beat it for sure because he had already talked to Art the manager!! Went there last night. When we got there we browsed through other honda just in case for some reason the fit doesn't work out. There was one Purple/pink (not sure) fit on the lot.

A salesman came up to us and I asked about the fit and if they had any other color. He made it pretty clear to us that it was the ONLY fit they had and none in stock (with an attitude). I was'nt sure who was lying to me, him or Chay but I didn't really want to argue so we continued looking at other cars. Another salesman Ali came up to us and we talked about one of the civics. Eventually we went in to negotiate.

I made it clear to him what my budget was and how originally I came to see the fit (still not mentioning that I spoke with Chay earlier). I wanted to see if they would continue with the lie. So I ask this guy if they had any other in stock (he went around the question) and didnt answer it. Left the cubicle and came back 5 minutes later, "guess what guys the fits just came in delivery!!!"

I brought the quote out for the manager to beat as we discussed earlier and he actually had the nerve to tell me that the salesman from Hardin Honda is dishonest because the quote is a lie, even though it said $XXXX OTD internet price! Then i told him that i knew for a fact that it's not a lie because I knew someone who got a even better deal than that from them and he replied, "then why don't you go to them." What an asshole. He said couldn't beat it, knowing well enough what the quote from hardin Honda was because I had called in earlier. I forgot to mention as we were doing this, there were about 10 salesman standing RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE DESK watching this with nothing else better to do!!!!!! not kidding.....

ALL i can say is SHADY, i'm guessing they were told by management to target specific buyers. They figure that they can sell the fit at a higher price to someone else (I'm 22) and lied about the availability because they didn't know that I had actually spoken to them on the phone. Plus, the price was marked up about 2k more! I expected more honesty and greater service from the number two dealership in Ca. Number one is Norm Reeves. I'm pretty sure there are some nice salesman in there but what I experienced was just shady and DISHONESTy.

ohh yeah we walked away

Last edited by ashen6692; 06-01-2008 at 03:05 PM.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:49 PM
Banned
I see that you had a bad experience there as well.

I bought my 08' SSM Fit about Feb. and had alot of aggravation from them. My financing was already completed and all they had to do was contact my co. to get payment in full.

At the time of sale, they had me complete a Honda Financing agreement. I essentially did not want to be financed through Honda. They then blatantly ignored my requests to contact my co. for the funds, simply because they wanted a commission. I guess the fact that they just sold another vehicle was irrelevant.

After repeated phone calls, visits, etc. I decided to write them a fax with alot of legal jargon. I guess law school was worthwhile. After a call with their manager everything was resolved.

It was quite a hassle. Not one I'd like to repeat with them. I gave them a very bad review when Honda surveyed my purchase.

The sales guy from HK was nice, but his manager was an @ss. Anyways, I agree with your statements.

Old 06-06-2008, 12:12 PM
Very sorry to hear that. Just because you're young, doesn't mean you should be treated as a kid with no money. You're still their customer, and they should know better.

Does anyone know a good Honda dealer in Southern California then?

Old 06-06-2008, 12:45 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Why didnt you ask for the Internet Rep that helped you? All that experience couldve been avoided. Buying Retail and buying internet are 2 different experiences.

Old 06-06-2008, 05:05 PM
Huh Chris, so you're still on. I take it, there are no S Fit in stock at the moment?

Old 06-06-2008, 05:06 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
i think some are landing today.

Old 07-17-2008, 01:24 AM
funny, my rep was suppsed to be chay too but he was busy when i got there so someone name Victor came

same thing happened, even though i was pre-approved for loan and not planning to be financed by Honda they still wanted to run my credit and stuffs and the finance manager is a joke when he tried to push for extended warranty, horrible attitude

and Honda just called today for the survey, so i told them i would not recommend Goudy to anyone

Old 07-30-2008, 01:20 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs down The finance dance

Originally Posted by junktea1
I see that you had a bad experience there as well.

I bought my 08' SSM Fit about Feb. and had alot of aggravation from them. My financing was already completed and all they had to do was contact my co. to get payment in full.

At the time of sale, they had me complete a Honda Financing agreement. I essentially did not want to be financed through Honda. They then blatantly ignored my requests to contact my co. for the funds, simply because they wanted a commission. I guess the fact that they just sold another vehicle was irrelevant.

After repeated phone calls, visits, etc. I decided to write them a fax with alot of legal jargon. I guess law school was worthwhile. After a call with their manager everything was resolved.

It was quite a hassle. Not one I'd like to repeat with them. I gave them a very bad review when Honda surveyed my purchase.

The sales guy from HK was nice, but his manager was an @ss. Anyways, I agree with your statements.
Wow, I just wrote about this EXACT thing happening to me in Boston. If a person has financing, just let them buy the car, for cryin' out LOUD!

It's like money that doesn't come through Honda Finance is tainted or something? It's just bizarre to me.

Also, I can't tell you how disconcerting it is to read about someone 3000 miles away from me having the same negative experience. It's like the salespeople all took a course: "How to piss off your customer (and possibly lose the sale) in ten steps or less!"