Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Honda of Wesley Chapel - Tampa, Florida

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 01:53 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs down Honda of Wesley Chapel - Tampa, Florida

I'm sorry that my first post on FitFreak has to be a negative post, but I was shocked at the way I was treated at Wesley Chapel Honda in Tampa, Florida. I want to post a message here and advise anyone else thinking about going there to skip it and move on.

I sent in the Internet feeler from Edmunds, just as I have done for other vehicles in the past. Wesley Chapel was approximately $1,200 cheaper than the other Honda dealers that replied.

Originally Posted by Wesley Chapel Internet Sales
Dear Jxxxxx,
My name is Mxxxxxx Axxxx, from Honda of Wesley Chapel. Thank you so much for the opportunity to serve you! We are a brand new Honda dealership, and as such we are able to offer special introductory pricing.
The price you requested for your Honda Fit automatic is

MSRP = $16,070
Invoice =$15,488
Your internet price = $15,488

plus all fees, add-ons, market adjustments, accessories and taxes. I'm sure you'll agree this is a great price!! This price is valid only on in stock new vehicles.
This is a Special Internet Sale Price Quote, which is not available through any other department. To take advantage of this offer, we request that you make an appointment with the internet department to come in and test drive the vehicle.
The only tip that Wesley Chapel Honda was trying to decieve me was that they would never disclose the out-the-door price for the vehicle. I was interested in a '08 Honda Fit Sport with an automatic transmission. I requested the out-the-door price twice, but MA stopped answering my e-mails.

I called MA up and made arrangements to test drive a new Fit. After driving to Wesley Chapel Honda (North of Tamps, FL), I was immediately shuffled off to a different salesman... an old skruffy white shirt car salesman...

After looking at a Fit and talking a bit, the sales guys went to talk to the manager to get my price. He copied the e-mail I had from the Internet salesman so the finance guy would know what I was quoted. I thought it was a done deal.

Surprisingly, the $15,488 Internet price had an additional $999 added for aero devices (that come with the Sport model) and an amazing $1,999 added as a market readjustment !!! The out-the-door price for a Honda Fit was almost $22,000. I was shocked. I thought they quoted the wrong vehicle. My other Internet replies quoted the out-the-door price as thousands less.

I went through one more round of negotiations, but it was a lost cause.

I told the salesman that I was done... I left the dealership... The salesman followed me all the way out to my car, but I was done... I won't ever step foot in Wesley Chapel Honda again !!!

Sorry for the long rant... Sometimes you just have to get it out before you can move on...

Old 02-12-2016, 08:32 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by __jb
I'm sorry that my first post on FitFreak has to be a negative post, but I was shocked at the way I was treated at Wesley Chapel Honda in Tampa, Florida. I want to post a message here and advise anyone else thinking about going there to skip it and move on.

I sent in the Internet feeler from Edmunds, just as I have done for other vehicles in the past. Wesley Chapel was approximately $1,200 cheaper than the other Honda dealers that replied.

The only tip that Wesley Chapel Honda was trying to decieve me was that they would never disclose the out-the-door price for the vehicle. I was interested in a '08 Honda Fit Sport with an automatic transmission. I requested the out-the-door price twice, but MA stopped answering my e-mails.

I called MA up and made arrangements to test drive a new Fit. After driving to Wesley Chapel Honda (North of Tamps, FL), I was immediately shuffled off to a different salesman... an old skruffy white shirt car salesman...

After looking at a Fit and talking a bit, the sales guys went to talk to the manager to get my price. He copied the e-mail I had from the Internet salesman so the finance guy would know what I was quoted. I thought it was a done deal.

Surprisingly, the $15,488 Internet price had an additional $999 added for aero devices (that come with the Sport model) and an amazing $1,999 added as a market readjustment !!! The out-the-door price for a Honda Fit was almost $22,000. I was shocked. I thought they quoted the wrong vehicle. My other Internet replies quoted the out-the-door price as thousands less.

I went through one more round of negotiations, but it was a lost cause.

I told the salesman that I was done... I left the dealership... The salesman followed me all the way out to my car, but I was done... I won't ever step foot in Wesley Chapel Honda again !!!

Sorry for the long rant... Sometimes you just have to get it out before you can move on...
Wow, Crown Honda treated me the same way. Seems like the Tampa dealers are a bit deceptive to say the least.........