Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Avoid Rosen Honda in Gurnee Illinois at all costs

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 12:55 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs down Avoid Rosen Honda in Gurnee Illinois at all costs

All of a sudden they drop my 07 fit trade in $1500 down to $11,000 after telling me for weeks they would give me $12,500
That night I emailed 4 other dealers, 2 immediatly said $12,500 would be no problem, just needed to see the car to confirm.
I got an 09 3 days later from Honda of Lisle, they were great and I got my $12,500 trade in for my 07

I got treated this way by Rosen afer buying 2 other cars from them in the previous 16 months!

Plus their car wash dented my wifes new 08 civic EX
Then that same car wash dented my 07 fit when it had a sign on the dash "DO NOT WASH"
I will never ever give them a penny ever again! Brilliance Honda in Crystal Lake and Honda of Lisle are a hundred times better than Rosen Honda.

Old 12-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by Tork
All of a sudden they drop my 07 fit trade in $1500 down to $11,000 after telling me for weeks they would give me $12,500. <snip>
They don't sound very professional, or concerned about repeat customers. However, many dealerships/sales persons say whatever is necessary to keep you interested until you are prepared to make the deal. Once the buyer commits, that's the point when the real deals are made - when pen hits paper. Until then, nothing is for sure. I wouldn't have wasted my own time over several weeks with the same dealer. Walk in, prepared with your fair and realistic price in mind, and 100% ready to deal today. Make the deal right then or there, or go somewhere else. Be serious and don't give them the upper hand by talking with them for a month in advance. They will have the advantage and be able to shave the price on the trade. Negotiating a good deal should not be an extended experience. You know the figures you are comfortable with, and you shouldn't show your cards weeks before 'the game' begins.

When a vehicle trade is involved, it can often be frustrating, especially when you have 'babied' it. You appear to have come out of it with a 'win'. Well done.

Old 12-04-2008, 12:17 PM
I don't know I got my fit from them and my parents just bought an 09 civic lx from them and they bought there 04 civic hybrid from them and we haven't had any problems.

We have only dealt with the same sales person tho the entire time and I know we have talked to some of their other people there and they are morons.

Old 12-04-2008, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by Fitcapo
<snip>We have only dealt with the same sales person tho the entire time and I know we have talked to some of their other people there and they are morons.
That's always the challenge for any customer at any business: finding the winners among the losers.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:16 PM
5 Year Member
Hi neighbor (fitcapo) Yeah let me know when there is a meet.

I know what you are saying.
Buying my 07 and my wifes Civic EX was fine (no trade ins though)
and I liked my sales guy to the point I considered us practically friends
except their lousy car wash is pretty bad.
But to wait for weeks for your car, then a $1500 trade drop from 2 days before????
Now I understand cars can drop in value, I really do! But it is highly suspect when other dealers stepped up to the plate instantly. They tell you they want loyal customers, well........ needs to work both ways I think.
Tell me anything and I am fine, but jack me around for weeks, then pull a stunt? The other dealers proved (to me anyway) there was no legit sudden drop in value on my trade. I am pretty laid back and take things in stride, but that p!ssed me off!
Another Pleasant Prairie WI guy gave up on Rosen too just a couple days ago and did far far better at Brilliance in Crystal Lake. It is a shame to have to drive further and I always like to business with my most local businesses. But I am no dummy just off the short bus either.

I recently noticed Edmunds.com and some other sites have complaints about them low balling trade-ins as well.

Last edited by Tork; 12-04-2008 at 08:00 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:59 PM
When my parents were there looking at the civic lx they mentioned they had a 98' expedition that they wanted to trade in. The first guy they were talking to told him 10k no problem doesn't matter the condition so they pursued it more and the sales manager told them they were nuts. I think they don't control there salesmen very well because they say lots of things that aren't true just to get you inside......

If you ever want to give it a shot again you could try Anthony he is one of their online sales guys that we always go through.

Ohhhh and by the way the next meet most likely won't be until spring. Maybe if we get a good stretch of no snow and a warm streak this winter ( which is doubtful ) we might organize something.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:13 PM
5 Year Member
When my parents were there looking at the civic lx they mentioned they had a 98' expedition that they wanted to trade in. The first guy they were talking to told him 10k no problem doesn't matter the condition so they pursued it more and the sales manager told them they were nuts. I think they don't control there salesmen very well because they say lots of things that aren't true just to get you inside......
My guy Is Roger R, one of there most seasoned guys they have. And they had a couple of 07s in and I kept track of what they gave and what they sold em for. I mean $1500 is a HUGE difference(in trade in value from one dealer to the next) on a 15 month old $16000 car traded for a $16700new car.

If you ever want to give it a shot again you could try Anthony he is one of their online sales guys that we always go through....
I've met Anthony a couple times, even know Bob Logan somewhat the part owner. (Nicole is pretty easy on the eyes LOL) But knowing and liking some of the people there made me feel even more let down and betrayed.
I dont understand why I had to go somewhere else to be treated fairly.

Ohhhh and by the way the next meet most likely won't be until spring.....
Yeah or if you are doing something to your car, or I do something to mine lets PM. And for you I would soften or even remove my recent experiance with Rosen if you want.

Last edited by Tork; 12-04-2008 at 10:41 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:45 PM
Naa go for it. I don't have any personal connections to them just bought my car from them. So go ahead and share

Old 12-05-2008, 12:18 AM
Check out Pauly Honda in libertyville. They are great to deal with, no hassles whatsoever!

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/hond...le-il-usa.html