Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Tempe Honda, Tempe, AZ

Old 12-11-2008, 11:40 AM
Exclamation Tempe Honda, Tempe, AZ

I bought a Fit from them recently. Car was delivered in perfect condition, salesman was easy to work with. They also had a large stock of cars, and the service people I met seemed friendly and competent. I recommend the dealer, with some caveats.
  1. Don't buy any car on the lot with their "Pro Package" (tint + extras). It's massively overpriced. If you do want a car with it, get them to itemize it with you beforehand, verify each item is already installed, and negotiate a lower price for the installed items.
  2. Watch out for the old trick of adding unwanted "extras" when you go to finance. My contract had nearly $4K tacked on (extra security system, bloated extended warranty, etc.). Just do what I did and say "no".
  3. Don't buy any accessories (mats, cargo net, etc.) from them, they charge full retail. Yes, you could negotiate it down, but you can get accessories on-line for far less and have them in just a couple of days for less.