Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Said they have it, Find out they don't (Honda of Wesley Chapel, Florida)

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 04:36 PM
Said they have it, Find out they don't (Honda of Wesley Chapel, Florida)

first post - thanks for all the info I've read so far!!

I am traveling to Tampa on Thursday night to buy on Friday a 2009 Taffeta White Honda Fit Sport with Nav from Wesley Chapel Honda via their Internet Sales Dept.

They told me they have: VIN# JHMGE886X9S060326

Yesterday, I had someone local check if the car actually existed. Shocker - it doesn't. The person there said, "We just sold it today." Is there any way to verify by VIN # if that is true or not?

Maybe that's what happened, but this review on FitFreak.net isn't a good sign:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/hond...-tampa-fl.html

And because last time I bought a car, a lot that was not in writing was a lie, and some of what in writing (figures) contained errors...

This is a 2'nd car for me. I'm in no hurry and am willing to travel anywhere in Florida for the right deal (< 20k OTD price + wheel locks). This will also give me time to look at Kia Soul, the 2010 Nissan Cube (so funky looking! ;-), and good used 3-year-olds. (Yes I can be fickle! But this is a 2'nd car!)

I'll be there (Tampa) Friday & Saturday anyway now.

Again, I'm fine with traveling to get the right deal, though I'd probably want to stay in Florida.

If anyone would like to email me recommendations for dealers specifically, or if you know for sure of a dealer with this model in stock, please email me or reply here.

My specific question is this:

Given that I have to book a flight to make this purchase:

How can I make sure the dealer has what they say they have?

Old 07-20-2015, 08:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ISOFitSportNav
first post - thanks for all the info I've read so far!!

I am traveling to Tampa on Thursday night to buy on Friday a 2009 Taffeta White Honda Fit Sport with Nav from Wesley Chapel Honda via their Internet Sales Dept.

They told me they have: VIN# JHMGE886X9S060326

Yesterday, I had someone local check if the car actually existed. Shocker - it doesn't. The person there said, "We just sold it today." Is there any way to verify by VIN # if that is true or not?

Maybe that's what happened, but this review on FitFreak.net isn't a good sign:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/hond...-tampa-fl.html

And because last time I bought a car, a lot that was not in writing was a lie, and some of what in writing (figures) contained errors...

This is a 2'nd car for me. I'm in no hurry and am willing to travel anywhere in Florida for the right deal (< 20k OTD price + wheel locks). This will also give me time to look at Kia Soul, the 2010 Nissan Cube (so funky looking! ;-), and good used 3-year-olds. (Yes I can be fickle! But this is a 2'nd car!)

I'll be there (Tampa) Friday & Saturday anyway now.

Again, I'm fine with traveling to get the right deal, though I'd probably want to stay in Florida.

If anyone would like to email me recommendations for dealers specifically, or if you know for sure of a dealer with this model in stock, please email me or reply here.

My specific question is this:

Given that I have to book a flight to make this purchase:

How can I make sure the dealer has what they say they have?
I found that most sales man will tell you whatever to get you in, check with the manager to make sure.