Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Drove Fit and spit in dealers' face...

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 05:21 AM
Pineapples are cheap because they are grown locally.

Old 04-23-2006, 08:22 AM
Don't hate all dealer for working with one dealer that is tryed to rob people. Thats what I do for a living and I don't selll Cars for over MSRP. But we did sell 7 Fit for MSRP in 2 days!

Old 04-24-2006, 01:07 AM
5 Year Member
"I sell all my cars below cost. I make my money on VOLUME!" Seriously...Well done to those honest dealers. I hope they sell everything they've got and the gougers become nothing more than supply-points for dealer-trades.

Old 04-24-2006, 01:25 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
Dammit man i got mine for msrp. i am amazed that these dealers that do that try to get away with marking up the price of the car...no price was discussed i knew that the sticker price was the cost. so F**k those dealers and their scams

Old 04-24-2006, 01:35 AM
5 Year Member
That's a rather emotional way of saying it, but supply and demand is a simple fact of life in a mostly free market economy. If people buy it with the mark-ups, that is their perogative, and you can't fault the dealer for making as much as he can on whatever he sells. He has a mortgage, bills and kids that need to go to college, too. The car business is an interesting animal. When was the last time you asked a retailer what the invoice price is on anything else you buy?

Old 04-24-2006, 10:21 AM
At the same time though, we ask about the invoice price on the car because car dealers have built a reputation for screwing their customers. And while I agree that the salesmen need to make a living too, I think the whole inovice price bit has just naturally grown out of customers' need to protect themselves thanks to this reputation...and the dealers have no one but themselves to blame for that.

Old 04-24-2006, 01:15 PM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BKKJack
That's a rather emotional way of saying it, but supply and demand is a simple fact of life in a mostly free market economy. If people buy it with the mark-ups, that is their perogative, and you can't fault the dealer for making as much as he can on whatever he sells. He has a mortgage, bills and kids that need to go to college, too. The car business is an interesting animal. When was the last time you asked a retailer what the invoice price is on anything else you buy?
Well i used to wholesalecars...buy them at dealer bid sales and then sell them so i pretty much know the game...aside selling used car it was not that easy cause the cars were cheap...when you try selling a bunch of cars for prices between 2-3 grand was no walk in the park...i would have to remind people that it is a used car no warranty nothing...but never did i rip off just made the money that i wanted or even break even for what i paid for...but your right if thats that persons perogative then let them be... i just really dont agree with mark ups...and at the end the duck will eat the bread

Last edited by Paulo107; 04-24-2006 at 01:17 PM.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by plus_c
At the same time though, we ask about the invoice price on the car because car dealers have built a reputation for screwing their customers. And while I agree that the salesmen need to make a living too, I think the whole inovice price bit has just naturally grown out of customers' need to protect themselves thanks to this reputation...and the dealers have no one but themselves to blame for that.
I do have someone to blame but myself. I'm not responsible for that reputation. That reputation is old and out of date. Anyone that can read can find out all of our pricing information online. Gone are the days of not telling someone invoice, same with "hidden fees". Its all BS. Do your homework. Where else can you go online, find out exactly what a retailer owns a product for and demand to pay the same. Its ludacris that anyone thinks they should be able to, or have the right to, or even are being taken advantage of because the dealer makes money. Thats why we're here, we're a business and we have to make money. Its not the Red Cross or Unicef. I don't come to work everyday to volunteer to provide transportation to everyone who comes in. I'm here because I provide a valuable product/service and I should be compensated for my work. How would any of you feel if your boss said a clients were going to pay cost from now on, so you don't get paid? It's exactly the same thing. Yes I mark cars up, yes I will make a profit.

Has anyone ever thought whey dealers prefer not to give invoice pricing? Because 99% of consumers are unreasonable and want to buy the car for what dealers own it for. No good can come from that situation. Either they lose a sale, or lose profit. It doesn't matter which, because they both end in $0 profit.

All I'm saying is that I should be able to sell a car and make money. Yes, I realize dealers have a bad rep., but its not because of most dealers current practices its based on stereotypes of the past (past = pre-internet or older). Do your homework, dont try to screw the dealer, be reasonable and try to reach an amiable agreement. Its not that difficult or complicated. If anyone would like advice on how do to this, let me know.

Old 04-24-2006, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by tman_00
That's nothing!! People in Hawaii (not me) are paying $19,100 out the door (minus the fees and taxes).
Please tell me from which dealer so I can avoid them like the plague... and tell whoever it is to stop doing that, it just ruins it for the rest of us. For that price he/she could have bought one on the mainland and shipped it over for less money!

Old 04-24-2006, 06:22 PM
Dealers...

I realize that there are car salesmen on this forum. But do they have to whine about how their job sucks?

I stand by my convictions that a dealer should NEVER make the price of a car above MSRP +destination fees.
It would be wrong to go to Best Buy and buy a stereo that is more exspensive than MSRP and Yes I can find out MSRP for a stereo online it is not just the car market that lets you see that.

Ohh yeah also you can find out "dealer cost" for a "stereo" just as easily as a car. The mark up on most retail goods is 100% I worked at retail shops for 4 years. That is how businesses have 50% off (or more) sales.

Dealers should find a way to stick to MSRP. Why mark up from that point? It is PURE GREED!

Old 04-24-2006, 10:13 PM
I can not believe they had a deal in hand and let you walk.

Old 04-25-2006, 12:35 AM
Please throwing mud won't win you any more friends. The Fit only has a about 600 dollar mark up from invoice. Please don't pay 2000 over MSRP and dealers won't sell them for it. and Please go to best buy and tell them that you want a stereo for half off cause thats what they paid and they will tell you to hit the bricks.

Many people paid 3 to 4k over msrp for the toyota prius... cause stupid people were convinced that... it was worth it.... also the PT cruiser.... ok the PT cruiser people felt stupid the next day and the Pruis people a week later......

Car sales man have a very stressfull job.

Last edited by TeamKO; 04-25-2006 at 12:37 AM.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:41 PM
Unhappy

Originally Posted by frossie
Somebody posted this on another thread:

http://www.honda.co.jp/Fit/color/index.html

You could go down and ask him if the first car on the third row and the last car in the fourth row look the same to him

AAAAAH!!!!!!

Why did you post that link!!! Now I know that there are PURPLE Fits out there - I'm so bummed! I just got the Blaze Orange Metallic AT Sport, and I love it, but PURPLE...oh.....what a dream that would be!

Old 06-09-2006, 04:49 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up positve things to say about dealers

In U.S.A. washington state Bellingham North West Honda is great
NW honda if you see this post I am still waiting for my honda fit brochure. They are sending them free on the honda.com web site. Thank you

Last edited by big Fit; 06-10-2006 at 03:15 AM.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by drknife
I realize that there are car salesmen on this forum. But do they have to whine about how their job sucks?

I stand by my convictions that a dealer should NEVER make the price of a car above MSRP +destination fees.
It would be wrong to go to Best Buy and buy a stereo that is more exspensive than MSRP and Yes I can find out MSRP for a stereo online it is not just the car market that lets you see that.

Ohh yeah also you can find out "dealer cost" for a "stereo" just as easily as a car. The mark up on most retail goods is 100% I worked at retail shops for 4 years. That is how businesses have 50% off (or more) sales.

Dealers should find a way to stick to MSRP. Why mark up from that point? It is PURE GREED!
nobody is whining about their job.

you haven't been on the other side of the fence and don't care to see the situation from a different perspective.

Old 06-10-2006, 11:42 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
what a douche! that guy needs to have a little dog attatched to his nuts!

Old 06-10-2006, 01:32 PM
Thumbs down

jeebus
Member Join Date: Apr 2006

Drove Fit and spit in dealers' face...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The dealer I ordered from didn't get my Fit yet. So my wife and I drove down to the local dealer to check one out anyway. This dealer had a black sport manual, something we really liked even though our order was for blue. I liked the general feel of the car inside and out. Driving the car was nice too. The steering, brakes, and handling was pretty nice. The power was pretty damn weak (something I really expected) but enough to get up to speed at least. (I drive an M3 so I'm a little biased)

Anyway, after the drive I told the dealer, "I have a check, sell me this at MSRP and I'll take it." I figured I could cancel my order with the other dealer since they didn't get my Fit when they said anyway. Well, the rep got the manager and he wouldn't budge from the $2k markup. What's funny is he tried to convince me to take it anyway. I was like, "yeah man, it's cool...I have one on order for $2k LESS so I will just wait, no biggie."

He proceeds to tell me that it's a Honda so the extra $2k doesn't matter, blah, blah. So I tell the guy, "yeah, uh...you'd have to be a RETARD to pay $2k over sticker for anything, let alone an econo-box." He still argues. I repeat my statement a few times, then telling him, "alright, I'm out...I'm sure there's plenty of retarded suckers that will pay your markup."

I hopped in my M3, gave it some gas, and drifted out of the parking lot...basically saying. " F U "

Cliff notes: Fit = pretty cool but slow...dealer $2k markup is retarded...dealers suck ass.

Since when do 12 yr olds drive M3's?
You're showing your age !
Too bad they will let anyone buy an M3 even someone that doesn't appreciate life or self-respect either....oh well....jerks are a dime a dozen....