Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Albert Honda Columbia MO - Top Notch

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 12:32 AM
Albert Honda Columbia MO - Top Notch

I bought my Fit from Albert Honda, Columbia, MO. Fantastic transaction.

Dropped by in March to look at a used Element and ask about the Fit. After a pleasant test drive in the Element, I was told that a SS Fit Sport Auto was the 1st on order. They told me that I could put $500 down and have "first right of refusal" (in writing). I could have all my money back if I didn't like it.

I kept in touch with 2 salesmen over the past month with updates on where the car was located, VIN etc. They call and say that it arrived on 4/18. PDI done and its ready 9:00 AM on the 19th. I can't get there till 4:30 and NO ONE drives the car until I check it out. I arrive and check out the car, sharing stories with the salesman (it’s so tiny with so much room) and they give me the key for a solo test drive. After some winding roads, I return completely sold, I want it, who do I write the check out to? They tell me that they don't have the paper work in order so they let me take it home with the dealer plates on it. They call later when the paperwork is complete, 10 minutes filling out forms, paid MSRP + DEST period, no fees, nothing. The salesman even paid for my temporary tags, no pushing accessories, no extended warranties. On top of that, I get 10% off ALL services (parts and labor) from their service center for as long as I own the car. I’m a happy camper.

They did offer me less than I wanted for a trade, so I sold it on my own, but all in all, it was a wonderful experience. They were always honest, up front and helpful, no matter who I talked to. This was a great beginning to owning a great car. I hope that your experience will be as positive.

Old 04-22-2006, 12:40 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Hats off to this dealer and staff.

If all dealers were like this, we'd be in a perfect world.

Old 04-22-2006, 12:52 AM
5 Year Member
That's awesome. I may have to go down there to buy my Fit, but that tax is gonna kill me since I live on the Kansas side.

Old 04-22-2006, 01:27 AM
Avid FitFreak Poster
Good to hear about this positive experience...

Old 04-22-2006, 02:10 AM
Wish I had a dealer like that. The dealer in Hawaii (Tony Honda) wanted $17,400 + $2,495 market adjustment + destination + tax and license! The whole thing came out to $19,100!!! OUCH!
I think I'm going to wait a few months. Too many racers in Hawaii driving up the cost of my car.

Old 06-13-2006, 08:28 AM
What did you spend total on your Fit? Does the dealer offer referrals?

If I don't like any of the STL dealers, I may have to check this out. I'd be happy to give you a referral as since you got MSRP + DEST on your Fit using you as a referral would put me in a position to get the same. It's win/win - you get whatever they offer for referring me, I get the price I want on a Fit.

I know Columbia pretty well - lived there for 2 years. Thanks for posting your review.

Old 06-13-2006, 09:57 AM
Nothing was said about referrals. No reason they would treat you any different than they did me. If you talk to them, let us know how it went.

Old 06-13-2006, 10:28 AM
I know when I was looking at Wranglers, my boyfriend would have gotten $500 if I purchased from the dealership where he bought his. This applied to new or used, any make/model on their lot. Since you took the time to post this, I figured if I can't find an STL dealer I want to work with the least I could do is send the referral your way.

I'm not sure if this is common practice or not - perhaps only where competition is stiff? At any rate, this will be my first new vehicle purchase (and my first non-cash vehicle purchase for that matter) so I'm still catching on.

I'm going to shop STL first, but I'll be sure to post my experiences no matter where I buy.

Old 01-24-2007, 11:43 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for this info! We live in Columbia and had thought about perhaps shopping for a Fit in KC or StL, but your experience has convinced us to start local. If we decide to get the Fit at Albert, I'll report back here with our experience!

(btw, holy thread resurrection!)

Old 01-26-2007, 09:05 AM
I dropped by Albert Honda last month and asked why I wasn't seeing more Fits on the road. They told me that by the end of the year they will have only received 8 Fits. No trouble selling them, just not many available.

I continue to be very happy with my auto Fit. My only disappointment has been that the mileage has not been what I had hoped for. I wanted to average 34 mpg, instead I average about 28 or 30.

Old 01-30-2007, 10:09 AM
5 Year Member
Well, we got lucky! I called on the 26th and they had a Taffeta White Sport 5AT available that was coming in as a dealer trade which had apparently had been reserved, but the person got tired of waiting. I was really set on the MT and even had a deposit down on one they had in the showroom at Vincel in St. Louis, but the potential for a future move to an area with bad traffic and the paddle shifters brought me over to the AT side.

All in all, it was a pleasant buying experience, nothing out of the ordinary. Got the Fit at MSRP, and did get the sales pitch for the extended warranty, but it certainly wasn't high pressure. I also got the 10% discount on parts and service; it's a shame we won't be here in Columbia much longer to take advantage of that.

Old 05-07-2008, 02:08 AM
thats funny because I went to this exact dealership and they were STUPID!!!!! I had the WORST experience here at this dealership!!!!! They had my perfect car, but were gonna basically butt rape me *as my boyfriend told them* on my trade in and the price of the new fit! They were terrible!! The new car manager called and told me that he would hold my car for me, but then turned around and told my boy we made a deal.

I went to Jack Ellena in Lawrence, KS and got 1500 worth of incentives and a great price and GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!
to Albert Honda