Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

review and worst case of dealer markup ever

Old 04-24-2006, 08:45 AM
mav
review and worst case of dealer markup ever

Passed by a local dealer with my wife to check out the new Fit. There was one in the showroom, a base model with a bunch of add-ons, like $2,000 15" wheels and $500 foglights. They were asking $19K.

Now the review...

We were impressed with the car. The build quality is excellent, typical of all Honda's. Its a little slow when you're used to driving higher hp cars cars, but its zippy enough to get the job done. Handling, body roll and steering feel are all good. The exterior is decent, I do prefer the JDM bumpers more. Not only is it shorter in length but the design flows a little better. The interior is great, lots of room for a little car and very good quality. For $15K, the Fit is a steal.

Positives
- build quality
- small on the outside, big on the inside
- magic seats are cool
- good interior
- multiple airbags, very safe
- good handling and road feel
- great gas mileage
- good stereo system
- super inexpensive, only $15K for Sport model!!!

Negatives
- a little slow
- wished for the JDM bumpers instead
- not feeling the color matched headlight housings
- seat clothe material seem a little cheap
- gas door doesn't lock

Last edited by mav; 04-24-2006 at 08:53 AM.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:56 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
nice mark up!

Old 04-24-2006, 09:22 AM
Ocala Fl dealer had $4000 dealer "bump" (markup sticker) a couple of days ago - said that some of that was negotiable; gave me a good laugh!

Yesterday Orlando Fl dealer was immediately offering to sell at MSRP and would condsider offers under that. They had several available and were really interested in dealing saying that any reasonable offer would buy one.

My driving imperssions are consistent with others here with the following observations:
-- ride was quite a bit choppier than I had anticipated. Lots of sharp, choppy ride motions and always a little busy even on fairly smooth roads. I admit to being very sensitive to ride quality and was not very impressed with this.
--engine was noisy - moreso that I had anticipated. Settles down during cruise but quite a racket when accelerating.
--steering, handling and braking about what you'd expect from this class. Electric PS felt very little different.
--innovative interior and excellent space utilization were the high points for me
--I must confess I was slightly "underwhelmed" and left the dealership with no strong desire to own a Fit

Old 04-24-2006, 11:02 AM
Master FitFreaker
we have one here with all momo parts for 20k

Old 04-24-2006, 11:06 AM
Thumbs down Ocala Dealer

Originally Posted by fitsme
Ocala Fl dealer had $4000 dealer "bump" (markup sticker) a couple of days ago - said that some of that was negotiable; gave me a good laugh!
Let me know if you find a reputable FL dealer (I live in Citrus County).
I emailed several central FL Honda dealers, but none has gotten back to me - yet. The website for Love Honda in Crystal River shows four Fits in stock as of 4/23/06. I'm not in any hurry to buy now - demand is too high.

BTW, here are a couple of negatives on the Fit that bother me:

- No center arm rest
- No seat height adjustment
- Warranty could be a lot better
- Mats and cargo cover are options and costly

Last edited by jpmccormac; 04-24-2006 at 11:09 AM.