Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Dealer BS or the way it works

Old 05-17-2006, 03:07 PM
Dealer BS or the way it works

ok ordered over a week ago.Dealer tried to find one close by that they can swap for. No delivery date yet cept the typical 30 - 90 day.
So asked today if they ordered one? No, as the allocations will not be out till the 23 rd and they can see then if one is in route somewhere that they can get. If not when honda does the allocations then they will know something.
Ok reading on here how some of you have build dates and such is my dealer bs'ing me ?
How did you get build dates so quick or did you have to wait a few weeks for them?
Why does honda work on a allocation scheme instead of order like us car makers?
thanks for any info.

Old 05-17-2006, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jack_90125
ok ordered over a week ago.Dealer tried to find one close by that they can swap for. No delivery date yet cept the typical 30 - 90 day.
So asked today if they ordered one? No, as the allocations will not be out till the 23 rd and they can see then if one is in route somewhere that they can get. If not when honda does the allocations then they will know something.
Ok reading on here how some of you have build dates and such is my dealer bs'ing me ?
How did you get build dates so quick or did you have to wait a few weeks for them?
thanks for any info.
The simple answer is - that's how it works.

There is an allocation matrix based on the size of the dealership, the number of units that they move, and which type, etc.

If you read on here enough, you will find that there is much more demand for Fit's than there is supply. They're cranking them out as fast as they can make them depending on the supplies that they have available to build them from.

Civic's are pretty much the same way right now.

I had a talk with the Sales Manager yesterday. We were discussing inventories. He said that he could sell all the Civics and AT Fit Sports he could get. He said that Odyssey's were selling very well, and had a waiting list on them.

Accords, CR-V's and RidgeLine's were nice and steady.

He said that he had trouble moving Elements and Pilots.

From what I understand, when supply catches up, you can order what you want.

Old 05-17-2006, 03:52 PM
Master FitFreaker
damn that sounds jsut like my deal

Old 05-17-2006, 04:03 PM
5 Year Member
Just got off the phone with a local dealer. Seems like they have the Fit I want right now, if I pay over MSRP. Or I can wait and be put on a list and pay MSRP. Grr hate this crap but if people are willing to pay over MSRP then we lose and dealers get to line their pockets.

Old 05-17-2006, 04:16 PM
Dealer size and ratings seems to play into it. I know I was first at my dealer and had an order for the FIT for several weeks. They came out in the country on 4/20 but I was still waiting a week longer. Seems my dealer was not a high volume one or a special Level so he got his allocation last.

Old 05-17-2006, 04:24 PM
Honda has allocation once a month. Some people have build dates already because their cars were already allocated. If your dealer has to allocate your car for you this month expect a delivery time between mid august and mid september. Our allocation (all honda dealers actually) will be in tomorrow and will be due back tuesday. About two weeks later we get a confirmation.
Neal

Old 05-18-2006, 03:01 AM
Originally Posted by 07Fit00S2K
Just got off the phone with a local dealer. Seems like they have the Fit I want right now, if I pay over MSRP. Or I can wait and be put on a list and pay MSRP. Grr hate this crap but if people are willing to pay over MSRP then we lose and dealers get to line their pockets.
if you are not in a hurry to get the car, wait for it.

Old 05-18-2006, 03:22 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 07Fit00S2K
that sucks that they are doing that!!! I paid MSRP without talking about a discount... reasonable since the car is brand new to the states. My dealer did not play games with me of that markup BS...they are already making money on this car and markups for me is a dealer being greedy...my manager bought from a different dealer...no markups and they gave him the extended warranty...(WELL NOTHING IS GIVEN), but thats where they make their money backpoints baby

Old 05-18-2006, 03:31 AM
5 Year Member
I got a build date from some that had allready been allocated. An estimated build date. It happens to be today. Hope it gets here soon. I was shown a list of Fits that were coming to the dealer. I was told that an order trade might be possible but I know that the dealer has no incentive to make any effort to do that. I am waiting on a white sport AT. I have paid a deposit and have contacted other dealers out of impatience. None have one coming sooner. I wouldn't put any faith in a salesperson that tells you he can do a dealer trade and get one sooner. Who will they trade with when most are spoken for already. The dealers and salespeople only have to sit back and wait like the rest of us and they will sell all that they can get.

The colors and trim levels won't make much difference. They will sell them. I called my saleperson today and she told me that all of their Civics were sold also. Life for the Honda dealers is good.

Old 05-18-2006, 08:52 AM
Someone that Posts too much
Another option is to shop at nearby states where dealerships has bigger allocation. You'll have a better chance of getting them at MSRP, picking up and $'s for gas saves you more money than having to pay mark-ups.

Old 05-18-2006, 08:53 AM
Or just shop around period.

Old 05-18-2006, 09:59 AM
went to the dealer on 4/28, got it 5/16. lucky?

Old 05-18-2006, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by einhan
went to the dealer on 4/28, got it 5/16. lucky?
Went to dealer on 5/14, got it on 5/17. Lucky?

Old 05-18-2006, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by dancingsun
Went to dealer on 5/14, got it on 5/17. Lucky?
very very lucky, went to the dealer 4/28 and still waiting

Old 05-18-2006, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by oOo LinDa
very very lucky, went to the dealer 4/28 and still waiting
Since the Fits arrived in L.A. yesterday (2 other dealers also called me up and say they have Fits in stock now), maybe it will just take another day or 2 to get to Houston!

Old 05-18-2006, 07:34 PM
we're suckers for good product

I like shopping around for deals and swore i'd never pay msrp on anything even if it means waiting around for a year or so, i like the Fit so much i couldn't resist buying it at msrp but that as far as i will go. No mark-ups for me, NO.. NO.....

BTW, saw the Fit for the first time in the philippines while vacationing 3 years ago and fell in love with it. Another one is the Nissan Verita.

Old 07-21-2006, 05:47 AM
Went to a dealer (First Texas Honda in Austin) in May, put down a deposit. They first said July/August, but a couple weeks ago they said Honda isn't sending them as many as expected, and now it looks like October. I kept my deposit there until I found something esle because they were very nice and were basically doing everything short of bumping someone else off the waiting list to get me a car.

However, I managed to find a Fit someplace else (Benson Honda in San Antonio) and got it on 7/20. They got 4 fits in that day, and one Sport AT that was supposed to be orange was white. The person waiting on the orange one decided to continue to wait rather than settle for white, and apparently nobody else had put down a deposit there for a Sport AT. I lucked out and happened to call them and discover this before anyone else (by the time I got down to San Antonio, there were other people waiting to get it in case I decided not to).

The moral of the story: Put down a deposit and get on a waiting list for the dealer of your choice, but keep calling around to check other dealers anyway.

On a related note, while I was very impressed with First Texas Honda (so much so that I would have even been willing to pay a bit over invoice if they actually got any Fits in), I was much less impressed with Benson Honda. The salesperson at Benson was acting like a used-car swindler, trying to add options without my asking, and trying to talk about what he could get the monthly payments to while not telling me anything about the interest rate or length of the loan. Fortunately, once he realized I wasn't going to put up with that sort of crap, he agreed not to add more options (since I wasn't willing to wait for them to install anything anyway), and he let me talk to one of their finance people directly to work things out.

Old 08-30-2006, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by jack_90125
thanks for any info.
Which dealer is that?