Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Vacaville Honda

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 08:03 PM
Vacaville Honda

I just wanted to give a shout out about Vacaville Honda and David, who is one of the people working in Internet Sales. He was incredibly awesome and a pleasure to work with, as was the dealership in general. So if anyone is here in California looking for a great place to buy your car, that's the place to go!

Vivid Blue/Sport/MT

Old 05-30-2006, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by stacey14
I just wanted to give a shout out about Vacaville Honda and David, who is one of the people working in Internet Sales. He was incredibly awesome and a pleasure to work with, as was the dealership in general. So if anyone is here in California looking for a great place to buy your car, that's the place to go!

Vivid Blue/Sport/MT
Price paid, and when??

Old 05-31-2006, 11:04 AM
i paid msrp at the time, but the guy i worked with said they had gone up about a grand since then, what with all the floormats and other stuff that they add now (but hopefully you can just go without them). i bought it last thursday, but he was holding it for me for about a month while it was being built and shipped.

Old 05-31-2006, 04:58 PM
Got my Storm Silver BM there 5 weeks ago. Very good dealership, worked with a guy named Woody. No baloney, and I'd go there again.

Vivid Blue/Sport/MT

Old 06-07-2006, 07:32 PM

Vivid Blue/Sport/MT
Hey!! you got the exact same setup that I want when I get my Fit (Vivid Blue/ Sport/ MT)!! You mentioned that David at Vacaville held it for you while they build your Fit. So does that mean Vacaville Honda will get Fits to customers spec'ed to what they want??

Old 06-07-2006, 07:56 PM
Someone that Posts too much
Finally some positive stories about purchases.....

I don't know if to say Both of you are lucky or done a great job.

Either way congrats!!

Old 06-07-2006, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by GoFit
Finally some positive stories about purchases.....

I don't know if to say Both of you are lucky or done a great job.

Either way congrats!!
I think it's just a good dealership. They were not adding anything on to MSRP, either. And no pressure at all.

Old 06-07-2006, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by MaybeFit
Hey!! you got the exact same setup that I want when I get my Fit (Vivid Blue/ Sport/ MT)!! You mentioned that David at Vacaville held it for you while they build your Fit. So does that mean Vacaville Honda will get Fits to customers spec'ed to what they want??
I hope so. Mostly, he just gave me the benefit of the doubt because I had to come all the way from the South Bay (about 2 1/2 hours). I don't know how easy it is to get on the list, especially now that it's getting more and more popular, but he was awesome all the same.

Old 06-07-2006, 11:47 PM
5 Year Member
Out of all the dealerships, when I emailed them, I never got a reply back only an automated response.

Old 06-07-2006, 11:48 PM
Got mine there a week after the Fits came out.
Dave Adamson helped me out too. I suggested for everyone to talk to him. Really is no hassle. Excellent customer service all around.

Old 06-08-2006, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by 07Fit00S2K
Out of all the dealerships, when I emailed them, I never got a reply back only an automated response.
Give them a call. That's what I did. Another dealer gave me their name when I told them what I was looking for. First person on the line was Dave!

Old 06-08-2006, 11:40 AM
I hope so. Mostly, he just gave me the benefit of the doubt because I had to come all the way from the South Bay (about 2 1/2 hours). I don't know how easy it is to get on the list, especially now that it's getting more and more popular, but he was awesome all the same.
I checked out a A/T blue sport at University Honda about a month ago and the guy told me that the fits are flying off their lots. That same car was gone the second day after I saw it! It's weird that I have yet to see one on the road...I wonder if they would take away the markup later on in the year

Old 06-08-2006, 01:05 PM
5 Year Member
Funny, just after I posted this, I get an email (another automated one) from them. I already have a deposit on one at another dealer so I won't give them a call. I'm sure they would have been a nice dealer to work with.

Old 06-08-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by MaybeFit
I checked out a A/T blue sport at University Honda about a month ago and the guy told me that the fits are flying off their lots. That same car was gone the second day after I saw it! It's weird that I have yet to see one on the road...I wonder if they would take away the markup later on in the year
I've seen mine and one other blue one in my neighborhood. As far as the markup goes, I would almost think that it might go up as time goes on, just because they're so popular. But as long as people stick to their guns and refuse to pay anything but msrp, hopefully they'll stay lower. At Vacaville, Dave agreed with me, saying that it's supposed to be an economy car so it would be silly to charge as much for it as a Civic. However, they are now including a lot of other stuff (floormats, etc) that bring up the price to around a grand more than msrp. Even when I went to pick mine up two weeks ago, he said that, had I not bought the car and someone else had bought it on that day, they would have had to pay for the extra stuff.

Old 06-08-2006, 03:49 PM
I've seen mine and one other blue one in my neighborhood. As far as the markup goes, I would almost think that it might go up as time goes on, just because they're so popular. But as long as people stick to their guns and refuse to pay anything but msrp, hopefully they'll stay lower. At Vacaville, Dave agreed with me, saying that it's supposed to be an economy car so it would be silly to charge as much for it as a Civic. However, they are now including a lot of other stuff (floormats, etc) that bring up the price to around a grand more than msrp. Even when I went to pick mine up two weeks ago, he said that, had I not bought the car and someone else had bought it on that day, they would have had to pay for the extra stuff.
Yea, the guy at University Honda told me that the blue Fit I was looking at has the lowest markup in the NorCal area (I think they had marked up $750), but they also claim that they throw in the most extras (floormats, wheel-locks, etc.) compare with other dealers. Which was sorta ridiculous and didn't make much sense to me. It almost made me feel like I was talking to a Mini dealer. Menlo Honda was where I bought the CR-V that I'm driving now. If their sales rep are what I remembered them to be like 6 years ago, I should have a pleasant time dealing through them

Last edited by MaybeFit; 06-08-2006 at 03:54 PM.