Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

dealers in the Dallas, Tx area

Old 06-09-2006, 01:38 AM
dealers in the Dallas, Tx area

ok... so I've dealt with a few dealerships in the area.

First one I talked to, I actually visited 3 or 4 times, and it's where I actualy got the chance to test drive one of these nifty little cars this one was Honda of McKinney. First of all, they were tacking on a 3k markup in the way of overpriced accessories. Second of all, they wouldnt let me get rid of that junk that I had no use for

Second one I talked to was in Richardson, Tx. I didnt visit this dealership, just talked to them on the phone, and found out they had a 1k markup as well.

Finally, I found the right dealer! David McDavid, in Frisco, Tx. talked to a sales rep last night, promised me a Fit Sport m/t for MSRP. So I went in today, and put down a deposit, and the guy said he'd call back as soon as he found out when my car will be on it's way. So I told him I'd call him every day until I get my car, which I intend on doing, lol. the number for this dealership, if anyone wants to call, is (972) 731-3000

Oh, and since I couldnt make up my mind between Storm Silver and Vivid Blue Pearl, I told them to just get me whichever they could get me first

Old 06-10-2006, 08:51 AM
5 Year Member
I bought my Fit from David McDavid of Frisco. The entire buying experience was excellent. I put down the requested $500 deposit on May first and the salesman called me about a week before the car arrived to inform me that it would arrive in a few days. When the car arrived, I picked it up on Memorial day without any problems. I paid them MSRP and bought no dealer options.
During the paperwork portion of the sale they politely offered an extended warrantee which I declined. There was no pressure to buy anything else. In addition, they will give you the code to their wash rack and you can wash your car anytime you want for free.

Old 06-14-2006, 01:50 PM
wow, free car washes? that's sweet!

anyways, at first they found me one with a build date of July 26th, which would have meant I'd be getting it in late august. I got a call from them just a few minutes ago, and they found me a storm silver sport m/t with a build date of july 3. I'm so happy!

Old 06-14-2006, 06:54 PM
Honda Cars of McKinney has a great service department but the sales is absolutely the most awful there is. They will rip you off big time and won't even sell you a hot car (Fit, Civic, whatever) without thousands in useless markup (like $500 ScotchGuard).

David McDavid Frisco was a good dealership and I would have bought from them but they were telling me the one I wanted might not show up until August so I shopped around and ended up going with Lute Riley since they had the exact trim and color I wanted coming in within 3 weeks (should be here any day now). Paid MSRP with no issues.

Old 06-14-2006, 09:27 PM
I just started looking at the Fit last Thursday night on the internet after getting tired of $130 a week in gas using the big SUV. I called a few dealerships in Tarrant County and Vandergriff Honda had a silver sport m/t fit available. Went to the dealership on Friday and 3 hours later was driving off in my new fit. Love it and glad I did not have to wait.

Old 06-14-2006, 11:22 PM
I hate you Dtex. I wont be getting my SS sport m/t till late July.

Old 07-11-2006, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by triggerzer0
I hate you Dtex. I wont be getting my SS sport m/t till late July.
Hey Triggerzer0 where in Princeton are you??? Pm me if you like. Make sure Frisco doesn't try to add on the $500 for pinstriping, scotchguard, etc., unless that's something you want to pay for.

Last edited by fitaholic; 07-11-2006 at 01:35 PM.