Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Anderson Honda Superstore in Palo Alto, CA

Old 10-31-2010, 07:45 PM
Thumbs up Anderson Honda Superstore in Palo Alto, CA

Was shopping for a 2010 Honda Fit Sport A/T - and had used http://edmunds.com, http://kbb.com and costco's auto buying program to get several quotes from dealerships all around the bay area and even northern California. Anderson Honda's price wasn't the lowest - but they offer a $300 price beat guarantee on published quoted prices - granted the other dealership has the car in stock that they're quoting. Well, got the confirmation last week that they could beat my lowest quote by $300, I was worried though because the OTD email I asked my sales rep Mari Delgado, did not specifically say destination was included - so several other dealerships I was telling about my lowest price quote were trying to dissuade me from visiting Anderson due to their theory that the prices would change. A few other dealerships said, watch for the bait and switch, watch the destination not be included, watch for the accessories to be tossed onto the deal or already installed without your ok.

Well, after a busy week of work, I made an appointment on Thursday 10/07/10 to visit Mari Delgado and purchase the car after I had secured financing thru my credit union. My appointment was at 6pm, but due to traffic in the evening + the Giants playoff game adding to the general mess, and my commute from Albany, CA to Palo Alto, I ended up arriving 30 mins late to my appointment. I watched the sales people inside the sales lobby eye me as I arrived with my father, but they did not make me feel like they were ready to pounce, it was a very mellow and laid back atmosphere. I told the salesmen that I had an appointment with Mari, and they led me out of the sales building to the much more sparsely furnished internet/financing building. The internet building feels so put together, and not really a functioning building, but there's 4-5 round tables with a few chairs at each table and at the far corner a small play area for small children. I took a seat and waited for Mari to arrive, however, after a few minutes, Luiz Pereira came out and introduced himself and informed me Mari had to leave work today due to her wisdom teeth being pulled and Luiz had been assigned to help me close the deal.

My father and I asked to see the car that we were there to purchase and we went immediately to the back of the building to where there were a half dozen or so Fit Sports parked and got into one of the silver models for a quick test drive. The test drive went very smoothly, drove back to the dealership and parked the car in the customer parking area. While parked, I tested out the USB connection in the car with my new ipod nano (it didn't work, but I had an older nano that worked - i'd read about the incompatibility with the latest iPods so i was not shocked.) Luiz' demeanor and sales approach was extremely laid back and he was very polite and friendly with my father and I. As we left the vehicle he told me that they would wash the car, and told me about the alarm system the dealership had installed on the car - informing me that it was $800. I immediately said that I didn't want the alarm and Luiz stated that they would deactivate it.

We went back to the internet area - sat down at a table - Luiz asked for my agreed upon email paperwork confirming the price (BE SURE TO PRINT OUT YOUR EMAIL COMMUNICATION BEFORE YOU GET THERE - they're big on you having the documentation as proof) and I gave him the emails I had exchanged with Mari. From that point, Luiz offered the 0.9% apr loan as I was financing the purchase, we went thru that required paperwork, got the insurance information faxed to them, and waited another hour or so as things were confirmed. Luiz kept coming back with updates, but it was still, very mellow, and I kept expecting a huge - "we can't do this price" speech, but it never came.

In fact, Luiz left a Honda accessories booklet with us, but did not explain the options or pricing in it at all to us. Though I'd planned to decline optional equipment, I still wanted to know what was available to me. Luiz gave me a full tank of gas, the car had 7 total miles on it, no accessories and Ace in financing was a low pressure guy - when we declined the honda care he said, ok, but no one usually declines it, would have been off the total but my dad wanted to buy it so I agreed.
In hindsight, I wouldn't have bought it because it raises the overall monthly payment rate and the principal on the loan was applied towards it, so it's in essence like having to pay .9% interest on it as well...

No tricks, very straightforward folks and the deal was a deal no altering and nothing added. Have to thank Manuel too for helping with emails/the appointment as well. I expected the worst but got a great deal instead. Recommend them highly.

Last edited by drvr8; 11-02-2010 at 09:28 AM.