Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Hardin Honda Anaheim, CA

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 08:32 PM
Thumbs down Hardin Honda Anaheim, CA

Didn't notice this place specifically for dealers before...I'll put my experience for anyone who lives in SoCal.

The short story is, they deliberately wasted a whole trip for me, made me wait for eternity before they come back from their "talk with their managers", lied to me, and after all this still refused to make amends by dealing with me in my terms; the typical annoying dealership. The long story is as follows.

Scott Bechtloff kept in touch with me on the week of 4/21/06, and at the end of the week I realized that the offer they gave me was as good as it's going to get. I made an appointment with Scott B for 4/29/06. The day of the appointment, Scott B even called me to make sure that I was going. He knew very well where I lived and that I need to drive nearly an hour. Well, when I get there, another guy also named Scott told me that the car was not available. After waiting and stepping out of the building to leave, Scott B finally came running out to me to explain (with that annoying sales-people patented insulting smile, manner, and fake friendliness that shows no remorse for what he had done to me). He said that the car was in a repair shop because it came off the truck with a scratch on the bumper, and he will sell it to me as soon as it's fixed, but he won't let me see the car because the repair shop is closed. While he was with the manager, I got the information from Scott that the car already has 10 miles on it. That scratch did not come from delivery; it came from someone bumping test driving it! If they lied about this, who knows what other damage has been done!! On top of this, I waited 30 minutes for Scott B to come back, and I had to make Scott bring him back to me. He figured I don't want that car anymore, so he told me that he will give me a call when the new shipments of the Fit arrives 3 days later. I wanted to make a deal for the car right there and then because I didn't want to drive back down to start negotiating. He said no, because it doesn't make sense to set a price for a car that wasn't there yet. I said it makes perfect sense, and there is a name for it called back order.

Anyway, he wouldn't budge so I left and got my car somewhere else. I reported to the BBB about this, and their reply was that they stand their ground that the car was scratched from delivery, and that they couldn't make a deal with me because they didn't have the VIN# for the car. I replied that they have to show me proof that the car was delivered with 10 miles on it already, and the reason Scott B told me that he can't sell me the car was because they didn't have the car, not because they didn't have the VIN#. Besides, 3 days before delivery, they had better darn well have the VIN# with them. I'm still waiting for their final reply, so I'll see how it goes.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:29 PM
5 Year Member
Ehh...

I bought my BBP Fit from Hardin Honda, but they made it more difficult then it could've been. They sent at least 7 different salespeople in my direction (not all at once thankfully). One salesperson would talk to me, they would leave, then another would talk to me, etc. The only reason i bought my car from them was because they were able to meet my purchase price. The whole process took about 3 hours, wasting my valuable time. Even though the experience was bad, I'm just glad I own a fit. They told me business wasn't doing so great, and I saw quite a few Fits on the lot, so if anybody is willing to haggle with them, I think it'll be ok. As long as the Fit is in your driveway/garage.

Last edited by wiifit; 07-29-2008 at 10:35 PM.