Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Yonkers Honda: Thumbs Up

Old 06-15-2006, 11:32 AM
Yonkers Honda: Thumbs Up

In mid-May I decided not to throw any more $$ into my 1989 Mazda 626 ($1400 in repairs so far this year, ouch). I had always wanted a Honda and when I saw the Fit on their website I fell in love. I built my car online and contacted about 5-6 area dealers via email.

Of all the dealer replies, the only one who didn't jerk me around and answered my questions was Yonkers Honda (they also had the best price). I called and spoke with their internet manager, who told me he'd be getting 3 Fits by the following week: 2 sports in black and blue and 1 base in lunar mist. I went with the base AT model because that was one of my preferred colors, the only sport option I wanted was the AUX input and, well, I really really wanted a Fit! I put down a $1,000 deposit, we traded faxes, he called me the day the car arrived, and 2 days later I showed up with my certified check. It took about 30 minutes to fill out and sign the papers and have them transfer the plates from my old car.

This was my first time buying a new car and the entire process was very smooth, easy and pleasant. I love my Fit and am so glad I bought it when I did. I hope Honda calls soon with their survey, because I really want to give the dealer "high fives".

Old 06-17-2006, 06:31 AM
5 Year Member
good to hear. Enjoy!

Old 09-07-2006, 07:46 PM
5 Year Member
I've been calling around to all the dealers in the New york and westchester area. the ONLY people who have not jerked me around so far is Yonkers Honda. They answered all my questions and have the best price as well. Hopefully the rest of the process will work out just as well....

Old 09-08-2006, 06:43 AM
5 Year Member
Rushneck Honda in Tarrytown was good to me. Saul was theguy i bought from. A VET, who was down.

Old 06-27-2007, 12:34 AM
I went to Yonkers Honda and spoke to a guy there, they acted very nice and were friendly, they even let me look around and sit in the car and would have let me test drive it too if I wanted to, but at the end when I started to ask questions about financing and pricing, they got a little shady.

He said that he could not bargain on the price at all, not even a cent. The car was a sport model and he quoted me 16,8 + tax, title, tags, etc. Which in the end comes out to past 18k. That bothered me a little but what really upset me was that he said a "good" interest rate was 9%. I don't know why their interest rates are so high but damn, thats high! No thank you. I'm glad you had a good experience there though.