Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

John Eagle Honda - Houston Texas

Old 01-25-2011, 07:23 PM
John Eagle Honda - Houston Texas

Had the worst car buying experience of my life at John Eagle Honda on Hwy 290 in Houston Texas. The salesmen don't know their product (didn't know you can't get a lit vanity mirror in a Civic), the finance guys don't know what they are doing nor have any follow through (loan was supposed to be with Honda is actually with Capital One and they mailed my check to Honda) and they don't know how the extended warranty works, the service guys don't know that the blue tooth can't work with more than one phone. On top of that they scammed me and sold me a car without the extra's I agreed to, wouldn't/couldn't give me the low interest I had asked about during the entire process, tore up my dashboard installing the bluetooth and autodrafted money from my account and sent to the wrong company. Not sure if it is just because i am a women but I would stay away if I was you. A couple my friends on facebook had issues also. Buy from Goodson on 45; a friend had a great experience there.

Last edited by Nancy Cramer; 01-25-2011 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Forgot they gave Honda corp the wrong phone number so I would not do the new car survey and give them a bad rating!
Old 02-01-2011, 06:30 PM
5 Year Member
Sounds as bad as Bankston Honda in Lewisville..... John Eagle seemed to be a pretty nice guy when he lived a few doors down from me 17 years ago... Edmonds.com has an article about a guy that got jobs at different dealerships and what he had to say about them was very enlightening... Japanese car dealerships are by far the dirtiest bastards of all.

Old 02-19-2011, 12:34 AM
5 Year Member
Sorry to hear that! You should have walked out on them!!

Old 02-19-2011, 03:11 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I personally know the guy who runs John Eagle and I will be sure to let him know what happened. We have bought well over 10 Hondas from him and have never had a problem. I will tell him what has happened. Again sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Old 02-19-2011, 03:27 PM
5 Year Member
I suggest talking to the owner and expressing your dissatifaction. My sales man was fine, but the finance person fast talked me and misled me.
I went back to my dealer--spoke to the general manager and they wanted me to rate them highly on the survey so I negotiated a free window tint.

Old 02-19-2011, 03:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sooznd
I suggest talking to the owner and expressing your dissatifaction. My sales man was fine, but the finance person fast talked me and misled me.
I went back to my dealer--spoke to the general manager and they wanted me to rate them highly on the survey so I negotiated a free window tint.
I had always gotten bank loan approval before shopping for a car but a very pleasant no hassle deal on a Honda motorcycle and expectations of a low interest rate hassle free deal... After the screwing I made phone calls and went wild on the internet telling my tale and received a letter from the bank that had financed the loan dropping the interest rate one percent.... I was worn out from all of my ranting and raving so I sat and bitched to myself since my wife was frazzled from my outrage and glad that we had gotten any satisfaction at all.... I doubt that I will ever again finance a car or take out a loan for anything and never ever deal with a finance manager at a car dealership. My father always paid cash after getting a price quote on paper from the dealership after leading them to believe they would arrange financing.

Old 02-19-2011, 04:13 PM
5 Year Member
I had no problem getting credit approval and the advertised low Honda finance rate--what irked me was how the finance person rattled off all the extras and I thought I had purchased one protection package only to find out she had misled me. My issue was the finance person rushed through everything since she was going on vacation the next day and wanted to be out of there quickly. I complained & the gen mgr said --we'll give you your first service at no charge. I replied --how much is that worth? he said about $100 & I said "No I want a window tint at no charge" (worth about $260) and he agreed. Most dealerships want you to give them a positive rating on the Honda survey & will end up working with you.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:40 AM
Angry NEVER GO TO Honda dealers!!

I agree with you!!

I had 2 very bad experiences with Honda dealers - Sterling McCall on Hway 59 and John Eagle Honda on 290.

Sterling McCall basically told me their cars are popular, so its either u buy it or u leave it.

John Eagle Honda was the worst!! They made empty promises they cannot keep. Alot of time was wasted waiting because the salesperson cannot make a decision and do not understand the details of the car! We went down with a agreed price and did not negotiate further, however, when the invoice came, the salesperson tried to charge me $1,000 above agreed prices, and keep deterring me from trying to work the figures out. The method of negotiation was dishonest. Even though, no negotiation should have taken place initially because a price was agreed upon before I went into the dealership.

When I went down the 2nd time to pick up my car, they again show me an invoice that overstated our orignal price by $1,000, and alot of waiting was involved again(which I cant comprehend why..) It was a busy Saturday, the manager of the salesperson basically told me to take it or leave it. Now what kind of dealership is that!!??

Old 07-18-2011, 11:26 AM
5 Year Member
There was an article on Edmond's.com about how dealers deal with people and milk them... One of the things that is really screwed is that the tort reform laws that all of the conservative voters got behind allows dealers to be exempted from law suits by having everyone that makes a purchase sign an agreement to use a mediation process to settle any issue that would have been handled in a civil suit.... Consumers have no legal rights since the dealers do so much business with the mediators they always work in their best interest... You have no choice except to get screwed one way or the other when dealing with these guys and yes the dealers of Japanese made cars are the ones that stick it to you the worse. I don't even like to think about how stressful it is to deal with the paper shuffling crap the finance people at a dealership put people through. I imagine it is very much like getting raped.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:31 PM
5 Year Member
F__k john eagle, manipulative bastards. Only bought the car from them because I was dead set on Honda in general and they had the only manual black fit in the area and i was without a car.

Next time I'll be sure to come to the negotiations with a shotgun in my lap. Had the same things happen as OP, tacked on extra charges, f__ked around in financing.

Also made sure to tell honda on that survery how terrible they did, I don't want them to get falsely positive ratings just because they butter me up. What about all the unsuspecting buyers who are none the wiser to their tom foolery, they would never complain in the first place due to blissful ignorance so would feel happy with their purchase.