Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Jay Honda, Cleveland, OH - A big letdown

Old 06-19-2006, 08:42 PM
Thumbs down Jay Honda, Cleveland, OH - A big letdown

I LOVE my Fit but am extremely upset with the dealership I bought it from. I bought my Storm Silver Honda Fit Sport from Jay Honda in Cleveland, OH more than a month ago. I paid more than what I wanted to for the car and got little for my trade in. I don't mind since I really wanted the car. My disappointment started the day I bought it. First, my spare key goes missing and the accessory wheels/tires I wanted weren't installed. Also, there was already more than 50 miles put on the car. I specifically asked for a non-demo car but got this instead. I had to fill out paperwork several times because the sales guy couldn't write legibly and finally had the contract typed up after 4 tries. They also fail to go over the warranty and had to find out from the survey guy that the warranty was longer than I previously thought. This is all after I had done a nice news spot for them since the local news station was visiting and doing interviews.

I come in two days later to get the wheels installed and they finally found the spare key.

Now here is where I get really pissed:

This morning I am at a meeting with the company HR person discussing my employment. My cell phone starts blaring like crazy during the interview. I switch it to silent mode and ignore the calls because the conversation is extremely important. I promptly check my voicemail and suprised to hear my sales guy. He is asking me where my trade in is!!!! WTF?! Apparently, they can't find the car I traded in!!!! Apparently it wasn't on the lot anymore and they couldn't figure out where it went. I felt like he was accusing me of stealing my car back!!! Why the f*ck would I steal back my '96 Honda Civic with over 150k miles on it?! Also, why would they call me now asking where the car is after I've bought my Fit and traded in my car over a month ago?!?!?! Well, the sales guy goes on about how people have been known to steal their trade ins and what not and I'm like, "Are you accusing me of stealing my trade in back?" I've already signed over my car title and taken ownership of my Fit over a month ago!!!!! It's not my problem the dealership is unorganized and can't keep track of their own freakin cars!! I tell him to figure it out and call me back with the outcome.

A few hours later I get a call back from the sales guy who tells me they finally found the trade in. The damn wholesale car guy picked it up the same day I traded it in!!!!! WTF!! Don't freakin call me asking me where my trade in is, accuse me of stealin it, and then call me back saying, oops, we made a mistake and found it!!

I called Honda of America and voiced my concern. In no way should a consumer be treated like this. I firmly believe in karma and what goes around, comes around.

Has anyone else experienced this? What else can I do? I feel so shitty after going thru this.

Old 06-19-2006, 09:32 PM
Master FitFreaker
damn that sucks and looks like that dealership really suck ***

Last edited by claymore; 06-20-2006 at 04:21 AM.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:04 AM
I bought from Jay Honda and had no such experience, I went through the internet guy. I got a great price on my trade in and paid MSRP for the car. Sorry about what happened to you.

Old 06-20-2006, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by hiroko12
I bought from Jay Honda and had no such experience, I went through the internet guy. I got a great price on my trade in and paid MSRP for the car. Sorry about what happened to you.
I bought from the internet guy as well. What model did you get and how long ago did you buy it? I thought they would sell the car for MSRP to me since I plugged em on the local news, but ended up paying $2k more for it.

Old 06-20-2006, 11:36 AM
I had originally put a deposit with Rick Case in Euclid, but the salesguy went all hard-pressure on me, trying to convince me to take the silver one when all I really wanted was the blue one. Anyway, I ended up buying mine at Mike Pruitt Honda in Akron. MSRP. And they couldn't have been nicer about it. Even threw in a cargo cover for free.

Old 06-20-2006, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by TrafficChick
I had originally put a deposit with Rick Case in Euclid, but the salesguy went all hard-pressure on me, trying to convince me to take the silver one when all I really wanted was the blue one. Anyway, I ended up buying mine at Mike Pruitt Honda in Akron. MSRP. And they couldn't have been nicer about it. Even threw in a cargo cover for free.
I went to Rick Case as well. The guy I met was a little pretentious/snotty and wanted a down payment as well. I took my business elsewhere.

At the time, Mike Pruitt didn't have anything in stock, so I didn't look at them. Oh well.

I kinda want a local dealer I can get service at and trust. Any thoughts on Motorcars Honda?

Old 06-21-2006, 02:08 PM
Did the guy's name sound like Lohan? He's a dolt.

I don't know anything about Motorcars Honda - but honestly, I can't say anything bad about Mike Pruitt Honda. Tim Palmer was my salesguy.

We'll see how they are when it comes time for service...

Old 06-21-2006, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by aziatiklover
damn that sucks and looks like that dealership really suck ***
I agree with him.

Good thing you called Honda of America to file a complaint.

Old 06-21-2006, 10:30 PM
No, my salesguy at Jay Honda was named Jerry. He admitted to just doing the job part time til he got another job.

Old 06-22-2006, 02:14 AM
I found Classic Honda in Streetsboro to be a pleasant, no pressure experience. MSRP for my BOM Sport A/T on 4/27/06. They had only 2 Base M/T's left out of their initial consignment. Vince Cuffaro was my sales contact.

Old 06-22-2006, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by fad3r
No, my salesguy at Jay Honda was named Jerry. He admitted to just doing the job part time til he got another job.
My salesman was the Internet "Manager" Dennis Jenkins. I put a deposit down on the Fit on April 26 and picked it up on May 20. They traded with a dealer in PA. I got exactly what I ordered, Black Fit Sport with MT and all season floor mats. MSRP plus a discount on the floor mats (which were installed when I picked it up). They also gave me a great price on my trade in (high blue book).

Old 07-27-2006, 08:56 AM
Thumbs up

I'm guessing there's your answer. I'd guess he's not there any more.

My experiences with Jay Honda have been excellent. So far, I've bought 2 cars there - my '02 S2000 and my wife's '03 Accord, and waiting on my Fit. Jeff Wells handled all three sales, and was very professionsl. The sales manager, Mark is also very professional, and I would work with either of them any time.

I also do all my service there - all of the people there I've worked with go out of their way to make me happy. As a matter of fact, I'm sitting in their showroom right now waiting for Jeff to come in to get me a loaner for the day - I have my wife's Accord in for brakes, and they're replacing the A/C condenser as a goodwill repair (it's out of warranty) because they've seen it happen on other '03 Accords. It hasn't failed yet, but the last time I was in for an oil change some fins fell off while the tech was washing it with a hose under low pressure. He made sure it was listed in our records so I could get it replaced next time I came in (i.e. now).

A better bunch of people you couldn't ask for.

JonasM

Old 07-27-2006, 09:37 AM
5 Year Member
What losers, I cant believe they had the nerve to call you and ask you if you took the car. I would be Irate. What d&&&'s. i also would not let such incompetant people touch/service my car!!

Just compounds my thoughts on dealers.

Old 07-27-2006, 01:35 PM
Makes me wonder if this toolbag still works at that dealership. Maybe he's been fired since then...we can hope!

On a side note, and maybe this can inspire some unhappy car buyers:
I was behind this guy in a brand new Dodge Ram one day, and on his back window he wrote in shoe polish "Want a lemon? Go to XXXX dealership". I won't mention the dealership, but needless to say i guess he was not too happy with his purchase or the dealership. Brilliant idea of getting revenge on a bad dealership if you ask me.

Old 08-09-2006, 05:43 PM
Here is an update: I decided to give em another chance and bring my car in for warranty work:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/show...&postcount=177

I'm still let down.

Old 08-12-2006, 07:36 PM
Sorry you feel that way. Jay Honda to me is the best dealership in Ohio. They treated me right from the start to the finish. Didn't overcharge. Let me know exact dates, and made me feel like a customer that was valued. I don't know why you feel the way you do. Maybe a troll?

Old 08-12-2006, 07:37 PM
Sounds pretty immature to me.

Old 08-12-2006, 07:39 PM
I went to Rick Case as well. The guy I met was a little pretentious/snotty and wanted a down payment as well. I took my business elsewhere.

At the time, Mike Pruitt didn't have anything in stock, so I didn't look at them. Oh well.

I kinda want a local dealer I can get service at and trust. Any thoughts on Motorcars Honda?
Sounds to me like it maybe your problem, not the dealers? You sou like a hard person to deal with, very critical. Wouldn't want to meet you.

Old 08-12-2006, 08:01 PM
Park Honda Get's A Thumbs Up!

Hello fellow freaks - so here's my crazy story. I go to the dealership to buy my Honda Fit, I went to Park Honda in Green, or Akron Ohio - off of Arlington Road... and like every other place they do not have any...go figure. Anyhow, I orderd one at the end of july - and they said 4 months untill my order came in . I get a call yesterday at the office from my sales rep. saying that their order allotments are up and they will NOT be able to have one by my promisory date! Immediately I get FIRED UP...then he breaks out with this statment..."We have a Black MT Sport that is our demo - the one you test drove." "If you want, you can have this one next week." NEXT WEEK!!!!! Well, I went back to the dealership and drove the car again, it has 1,900 miles on it. Made me a little salty, but read on... I saw it has a few scratches on it...made me a little MORE salty...read on....represenative says to me - look if you want this car we'll let you have it - well park it today, and not demo it again. So, I said yes, but I want compensation for the scratches, and milage. In the end, my price origionally for the SSM Fit I ordered was $16,600 out the door. The dealership offered to completely buff and polish the scratches out of the WHOLE car, detail the inside, throw in the protection package (all season mats, guards, and cargo tray in back) and give me a BRAND NEW set of tires with NO miles on them - PLUS extend my warranty 2,000 miles (the amount on it when i take delivery) even after the Honda factory warranty is up on it. AS COMPESENSATION FOR THE MILES AND SCRATCHES (that will buff out!) So pretty much I'm getting a new car, extend warrenty NEW wheels and tires and a FREE protection package, minus the 4 month wait and for my origional QUOTE!

I'd say I got a deal! What do you think???

Old 08-17-2006, 09:39 AM
5 Year Member
I went with Classic Honda in Streetsboro. Jay wanted a deposit, Classic did not. Jay was pushy for other cars, Classic was not. Jay did not respond in a timely manner to e-mails and phone calls, while Classic did. I dealt with Vince and Nick from Classic throughout the process. No problems getting the bumper paint repaired either. I got a very "used car salesman" vibe from Jay and nothing but professionalism from Classic.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Jay Honda, Cleveland, OH - A big letdown