Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Goodson Honda North, Houston,Tx

Old 02-26-2011, 02:23 AM
5 Year Member
Goodson Honda North, Houston,Tx

well gee where do i start! my salesman was great, finance guy rushed through everything, nothing matched what he said, they couldnt get it detailed before i took it for some reason! then 2 days after i have it my tpms comes on! apparently didnt check my tires pressure before i left! a week after that my oil light comes on, i check my oil its like 2qts low! wtf??? when i call em about all this there all like oh were so sorry, well make it up to you, your first five oil changes and service will be complimentary! hahaha i show up for first oil change, sorry sir, nowhere in our computers does it note free services for u! then everytime i do try to talk to a service person its like theyre dumbfounded! told em my lifters are making noise, its grown progressively worse since i bought the car! oh no sir thats just injector tap, its normal, they all sound like that!!! really?????? lmfao, buncha incompetent asses! my tires are worn the hell out! ive had to replace brake pads and one rotor already! like dude its starting to seem neverending! now theres a small oil leak somewhere under the car, and to top that off, its somehow developed a bad valve cover leak!!!!!! all this and its only at 25,835 miles as of today! i mean cmon honda, get it together! and everyone talks about this honda survey the dealers want u to fill out positively about em! ive never seen it! wish i could! id let em know just how i feel! GOODSON HONDA NORTH OF HOUSTON TEXAS SUCKS MAJOR ASS! THEY LIE, AND DONT KNOW CRAP ABOUT HONDAS APPARENTLY! GET IT RIGHT OR CLOSE DOWN ALREADY! I WILL TELL EVERYONE I ENCOUNTER TO STEER CLEAR!

Old 02-26-2011, 03:22 AM
Your post isn't very clear... You bought a used car and didn't check the oil, tires, tire pressure, brakes or look underneath to check for any leaks?

It sounds like the previous owner beat the crap out of it and you didn't do your homework as a consumer prior to buying. That is a combination for failure. Where do these new FF guys keep finding these one in a thousand beaten up Fits?

Especially one with such low mileage? I turned over 25k miles in my GD the other day and aside from changing the oil there has been literally nothing else required. Most other people report the same.

My OE rotors and pads still have 90% life on them vs. service specs and I yanked the OE dunlops at 5k for a decent set of tires.. even though they probably had 25k worth of life on them, so I keep two of them in the shed as a back up.

The drivers front TPMS sensor shattered on a giant pothole in 2009, but that is technically my fault and they still repaired it free in less than an hour.

A lot of the responsibility in a vehicle purchase is on the consumer in spite of any perceived shady dealer practices. You are still the one that makes the decision in the end.

I am sorry about your crappy luck after purchase though, nothing you can do about that.

Go buy some RTV and a valve cover gasket so you stop losing oil through the head at least.

Then maybe consider selling it or trading if you are that unsatisfied, no reason to stick with something you hate. But good to know for others in your area that dealership could be sketchy.

Old 02-26-2011, 07:26 AM
You don't state how long ago you bought the car. Either you or a previous owner have abused the car. That's too bad as it's too late now to do anything about it.

Old 02-26-2011, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member
i freakin bought it brand new in feb. 09!!! lol sorry i didnt make that clear! thats why im trippin! and i dont beat on it, never have! its an autotragic for gods sake! lol, shouldnt be too late! its got goodsons supposed lifetime warranty they charged me for! and anyhow its still under the manufacturesrs warranty!

NOW, ITS STILL ON ME? LOL! ITS MY BAD? HAAAAA NO, ITS GOODSONS, AND HONDAS AS FAR AS I CAN SEE! I AM 35 YRS OLD! IVE BEEN DOIN THE "HONDA" THING SINCE 96!

Last edited by Jango_Fit; 02-26-2011 at 01:06 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by Jango_Fit
i freakin bought it brand new in feb. 09!!! lol sorry i didnt make that clear! thats why im trippin! and i dont beat on it, never have! its an autotragic for gods sake! lol, shouldnt be too late! its got goodsons supposed lifetime warranty they charged me for! and anyhow its still under the manufacturesrs warranty!

NOW, ITS STILL ON ME? LOL! ITS MY BAD? HAAAAA NO, ITS GOODSONS, AND HONDAS AS FAR AS I CAN SEE! I AM 35 YRS OLD! IVE BEEN DOIN THE "HONDA" THING SINCE 96!
You type like you are 13.

And the symptoms and issues you are describing tells me and most techs that you are negligent in your upkeep and inspections. As well as an abusive driver.

This does not excuse bad behaviour from the dealer
, but you have a part in this as well. There are far too many people just blaming Honda for crap they have no control over. Like your driving and service habits. Or lack there of.

Note: I do not work for Honda. But I do everything from basic service to engine swaps and retrofitting forced induction systems on them in my free time.

Old 02-26-2011, 05:33 PM
5 Year Member
Ok whatever, I change my oil every 3k regardless of its stupid percentage reader, I rotate my tires frequently, I am probably one of the most anal maintenance minders you'd meet! As far as how I type, im not here for an english reward or to be graded! I really dont see where you get that I do not take care of my ride or that im an abusive driver from anything I said! You really have no right making assumptions of how I do ANYTHING! I came on here to warn people of what I have been subjected to! NOT to defend it against anyone, including you! Ive done that enough with goodson! Im out, probably wont be back! I didnt come here for drama, theres enough of that on houstons local forums!

Old 02-26-2011, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by Jango_Fit
Ok whatever, I change my oil every 3k regardless of its stupid percentage reader, I rotate my tires frequently, I am probably one of the most anal maintenance minders you'd meet! As far as how I type, im not here for an english reward or to be graded! I really dont see where you get that I do not take care of my ride or that im an abusive driver from anything I said! You really have no right making assumptions of how I do ANYTHING! I came on here to warn people of what I have been subjected to! NOT to defend it against anyone, including you! Ive done that enough with goodson! Im out, probably wont be back! I didnt come here for drama, theres enough of that on houstons local forums!

Touchy are we? Yes poor oppressed you.. tires, oil, a valve cover drip and brakes. The horror!

I do actually have the right to form an educated opinion based on the little info you provided. To take no responsibility for most of the wear and tear on your vehicle is silly to put it politely.

If you bought it new and unmolested I can see tires wearing out before 25K... so replace them.

But to need to replace the pads AND rotors at 25K it tells me you drive aggressively or your ride the brakes... or you brake hard and late.

I do a visual inspection of the oil level once a week on all my cars among other items... so you can bet I am pretty OCD about maintenance myself. Which is why I have never had an issue with the car, nor the vast majority of vehicles I own, daily drive, modify and race.

Blame the dealership for shitty sales practice, do not blame the day to day wear on them.

They ain't driving the car.

A valve cover leak is not entirely unheard of because the heads fill with oil, VTECs require a healthy deal of pressure, and everyonce in a while the least path of resistance is through an inconsistency in the VC seal... which is why I said go buy a new VC gasket and a bottle of RTV.

Then sell it to someone with some not so common sense.

Im out, probably wont be back!
We'll miss you, I am sure of it.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 02-26-2011 at 06:22 PM.