Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Beware of Paragon Honda Queens NY -They give away ur Honda Fit to other if u pay $15k

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 09:32 AM
Beware of Paragon Honda Queens NY -They give away ur Honda Fit to other if u pay $15k

Hey guys!
i want to let your guys know that this honda dealer are giving your honda fit to other buyer if they are willing to pay $1500 more to them.

This is what they are trying to jack me.
This is worest honda dealer i ever deal with it.

they called me on the phone about this deal then i told No.
I am going to wait then after 2 hours they call me to pick it up. so i took a half of work to get it.When i get there they can give it to me for $1000.
then I told them #$#$@$# off.

Damn, Don't know what to do now.
I got so piss, so i left.
but i already put down $3000 plus my used title for $3000 so total $6k

Anyone know any idea what should i do?

Old 06-22-2006, 11:44 AM
5 Year Member
Sorry to hear. Some dealerships are just crooked. When you put your deposit down, did they give you a written quote for MSRP?

Old 06-22-2006, 01:45 PM
yes on the contract, it has a balance how much i own them.

if you want to buy i recommand go somewhere else than this dealer.
All the people in there are full of shit.
I will go there to cancell it today. will let u guys know what happen.

***don't buy any accessory becuase for the car*****

Old 06-23-2006, 09:16 AM
Updated, Cancell the deal yesterday but it took me two hours waiting to get my used car title back. I hope i can get the deposit back ASAP because i use my credit card so they told me i will get it back in 2 days.

Also, at the end they was trying to give another Sport Fit in blue from other buyer then after half talking so i decide to take it since i have been waiting for this car 5 months. After i come up to an agrement then the buyer came to pick up the car then they have no choice to give me back everything. It's waste time buy anything from them..

I don't recommand any buyer to buy from them!!!!!

stay away if you have to or go somewhere else.....

Old 06-23-2006, 10:35 AM
5 Year Member
If they don't return your deposit, just dispute the charge with your cc company. Good luck.

Old 06-23-2006, 11:43 AM
I don't understand your post?

Old 07-04-2006, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by louisFit
Hey guys!
i want to let your guys know that this honda dealer are giving your honda fit to other buyer if they are willing to pay $1500 more to them.

This is what they are trying to jack me.
This is worest honda dealer i ever deal with it.

they called me on the phone about this deal then i told No.
I am going to wait then after 2 hours they call me to pick it up. so i took a half of work to get it.When i get there they can give it to me for $1000.
then I told them #$#$@$# off.

Damn, Don't know what to do now.
I got so piss, so i left.
but i already put down $3000 plus my used title for $3000 so total $6k

Anyone know any idea what should i do?
let me ask you something.

if another dealership offer you the same car for 1500 less, would you take it??

if you do take it, does that mean you are trying to jack the first dealership? does it mean you are the worst costumer the dealership ever dealt with?

im not trying to justify what this dealership doing is right... but these "underhanded pathetic scams" is pulled by the cosumers on dealerships all the time.

you are feeling pretty bad right now, imagine dealing with garbage like this almost on a daily basis...

Old 07-06-2006, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
On Wednesday May 31st I called Paragon Honda on Northern Blvd in Queens NY they said they had a silver Fit S automatic on the floor and was available. So I went down not even two hours later and there was no silver Fit S on the floor. So I asked for the salesperson whom I spoke to and she was busy so another salesman said he can do the paperwork. I asked him if they had the car and he said YES in our warehouse. I asked can I see the car? He then drove me a couple of blocks to there warehouse and there was no silver Fit S, there were other colors but not silver. He said oh it's in our other warehouse in Brooklyn, too far to drive to he said he can have it ready by Friday June 2nd. I agreed to the sticker price and he then filled out the paperwork and I gave him a five hundred dollar deposit. I took off from work on Friday June 2nd got insurance for the car and then went to the bank for a check ( I'm buying the car cash) and then called him before noon for a pick-up time. I could'nt get a hold of the salesman but he did call me a couple of hours later to tell me somebody else aready sold the car, so he said he would find another one and call me back by 2pm. The call never came I had to call him and he then said he could'nt find a silver Fit S but he could sell me one in another color and have it for me in a couple of weeks. The story here is that he never had a silver Fit S and he just wanted to make a sale by decieving me and thinking I already had a check and insurance so I would wait a couple of weeks to get another one from him. Meanwhile I took off from work for the day got a check and insurance and then had to cancel the insurance and return the check and stop payment on the deposit check which cost me 33 bucks all because I was lied to. This is a very tasteless thing to do to people. Beware of Paragon Honda in Queens NY make sure you see the car before you buy it!!!!!!

Old 07-07-2006, 06:49 AM
Originally Posted by vzmrks13
Y make sure you see the car before you buy it!!!!!!
Easier said than done - I have YET to see the BOM fit Auto I want - i just hear rumors of cars "already sold"....Most cases, If you see the car first, its too late lol Seriously - sounds like a really bad place! Sorry to hear about your run-around...I've been dealing with similar games...

Old 07-07-2006, 07:57 AM
Updated on 7/6

aywwsd vbmenu_register("postmenu_67682", true);

The Point is that they bullshit me twice and I took a day off to get there for nothing. it's not about the $$$$$,I told i don't want the car if i have to pay more.The reason i am so mad because they LIEEEEEEEE , wasting my time and bullshit.

alright guys, i finally got my money back. Two week ago they told they already credit back the money until yesterday i went down there and waiting......... 1 1/2 hours to force them to credit back the money then they are trying #$@#$ with me again but I told to #$%@#$ off because they are trying to steal my money.

That all guys. Good lucky if you planning to go there.
They had below 2.0 dealer rating not only that they lie to all the customers.

Stay away if u have too!!!

Old 08-14-2006, 12:20 PM
that is just sad. they are terrible. you should call Honda, who ever is in charge and report them - price gouging is not looked well upon in this kind of case. call honda and let them know what they did to you.

get your money. staten island honda pulled similar stuff on me because i didnt want to use their finance. every car i wanted was magicaly sold to a person who just walked through the door with better credit then i had

Old 01-12-2007, 12:57 PM
Order one from out of state as you always have the option until you take delivery to cancel.
Visit honda city.net and just order one the only extra charge for out of state delivery is transport costs but you will get good service and professional and ethical treatment!!!!!!

Old 06-27-2007, 12:22 AM
Dang, that sucks. I was considering buying from them but I am glad I read this. I called to ask how many Honda Fits they had and the girl on the phone said they have about 5 sport models and that if they don't have it, they can get it for me in 3 days. I made an appointment to go in and test drive the car that weekend. They kept calling me every half hour (according to my sister who stays home) from Tuesday - Saturday which was the day I scheduled for. I thought that was a bit rude.

When I got there, I couldn't find the girl I talked to and the other
guys there all looked like real wise guys. All had black suits on, gelled up hair, young guys all of them must have been no more than 32. The one guy I talked to was trying to talk me into leaving a deposit and buying that same day, etc. I said no, I want to test drive it first and will be purchasing within three weeks. The guy immediately turned and said Oh, you should come back then, no point in looking now. Not to mention they only had one Fit on their showroom floor which was a blue base model auto.

I'm going to avoid them. I just can't afford to be swindled by dealers.

Old 06-27-2007, 03:12 AM
Originally Posted by TheGirth
Dang, that sucks. I was considering buying from them but I am glad I read this. I called to ask how many Honda Fits they had and the girl on the phone said they have about 5 sport models and that if they don't have it, they can get it for me in 3 days. I made an appointment to go in and test drive the car that weekend. They kept calling me every half hour (according to my sister who stays home) from Tuesday - Saturday which was the day I scheduled for. I thought that was a bit rude.

When I got there, I couldn't find the girl I talked to and the other
guys there all looked like real wise guys. All had black suits on, gelled up hair, young guys all of them must have been no more than 32. The one guy I talked to was trying to talk me into leaving a deposit and buying that same day, etc. I said no, I want to test drive it first and will be purchasing within three weeks. The guy immediately turned and said Oh, you should come back then, no point in looking now. Not to mention they only had one Fit on their showroom floor which was a blue base model auto.

I'm going to avoid them. I just can't afford to be swindled by dealers.
the sales person gets paid when you buy, not when you test drive.

it's a commission based job, and you basically told him, i want roughly 1 hour of your time to try the car out, 1 more hour to grind some numbers out of you, then go shop your price for 3 weeks, i have no commitment to buy, even if i do, it's not likely from you. the only way to earn my business is by giving the best possible deal, you can only get a meager miny deal, on a very popular car like the fit.

so yea, it's not hard to see why he told you to get out.

Old 06-27-2007, 08:49 AM
I understand all of that, but what ever happened to customer service and courtesy? I have met a few dealers who were not in a rush to sell and let you take your time to look and feel out the car, talk about the details, and just make you feel comfortable.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by TheGirth
I understand all of that, but what ever happened to customer service and courtesy? I have met a few dealers who were not in a rush to sell and let you take your time to look and feel out the car, talk about the details, and just make you feel comfortable.
customer service and courtesy stopped happening when we decided to buy from a dealer 100 miles away and 200 dollars cheaper.

customer service, we want it, we just dont want to pay for it.

Old 06-28-2007, 05:43 PM
Having to look outside your area for a car or traveling to get what you want at the price that you want and the level of customer service that you want is not wrong.

I don't think that can ever be a logical justification for dealerships to stop treating customers with careful regard and excellent service.

Not to mention, the fact that many people travel outside their area to purchase a product or service also implies that the local dealers aren't doing their job correctly.

I agree with you partially, because everybody wants something for a dollar. But in this case, if me or someone else on here just wants a brand new, stock Honda Fit Sport 5spd for MSRP and the dealer to be honest and service-oriented, I don't see why that is asking for too much.

Old 06-28-2007, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member
Do yourselves a favor and buy from NARDY Honda in Smithtown, NY. That's in Suffolk County - Long Island for you NYC guys.

That's where I got my VBP Fit Sport and have been happy with their service ever since. It's worth the drive.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by aywwsd
customer service and courtesy stopped happening when we decided to buy from a dealer 100 miles away and 200 dollars cheaper.

What dealership do you work for?

Old 06-29-2007, 12:50 AM
Originally Posted by aywwsd

There are many of us who do, and really if you want to make a sale, treating the customer like crap doesn't promote that. I went to 3 dealerships here and ALL of them judged me because of my car, the way I dressed and of all things, my shoes. I left, disgusted in their behavior, I ended up buying my car from the internet sales office, I happily tipped the woman working with me/my wife. The whole expereince was great and at a fair price. In my opinion it was the easiest money they ever made.
good luck
-bix

Quick Reply: Beware of Paragon Honda Queens NY -They give away ur Honda Fit to other if u pay $15k