Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Any East Coast FitFreaks have advice for a future owner?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 01:54 PM
Thumbs up Any East Coast FitFreaks have advice for a future owner?

[This is my first post as a member; I've spent a few weeks reading the board, and I've come to the realization that you all are a great community!]

I live in Philly, but this weekend was in Pittsburgh, where I stopped at a dealership to take a look, and of course, they didn't have any Fits in stock. The sales guy told me no US dealers carry Fits, but that they're all just ordered per sale. He also told me Fits have locking gascaps...so I don't know what to believe...

Is this always the case (none in stock)? Are there any mid-atlantic/northeast dealerships that someone knows does carry a showroom Fit?

I won't be purchasing one until March, so maybe if I'm a little more patient, over the fall & winter things might change...I think i'm just overly excited right now...

Old 07-27-2006, 02:10 PM
You might try Lehigh Valley Honda in Allentown- a few weeks ago they had a Fit they were keeping just for test drives. I'd call ahead first, but you might get lucky. Ron was the salesguy who helped us.

Old 07-27-2006, 03:06 PM
scott honda in west chester has a base AT that you can drive anytime. from philly, take 76 W towards king of prussia. hop off at the 202 S exit towards west chester. you'll stay on 202 S for 20 - 25 minutes until the westtown road exit. take a right at the bottom of the ramp and then your first left onto autopark blvd. you can't miss the big honda sign.

hang in there...if you can stand it, it's well worth the wait. good luck!

Old 07-27-2006, 03:15 PM
thank you both for the info.

pink - I work in Media, so I might make that trip out on a long lunch break or after work sometime soon - thanks for the directions!

Is this where you bought your Fit?

Old 07-27-2006, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member
No Fits come with locking gas caps. It costs ~$25 to buy online, probably around $40-50 at the dealer.

Civics are locked though.

Old 07-27-2006, 04:02 PM
hey kick -

i did get my fit at scott! (it was rather convenient as i work there... ) if you're interested and give me a few hints, i'd be happy to point you in the direction of a salesperson who might match up with your personality. when you're playing the waiting game, it's good to know your rep is on the same page as you, etc.

media's like two seconds away! drop by soon but be warned: once you drive...you're gonna be hooked.

peace.

Old 07-27-2006, 04:28 PM
Pink -

Sent you an email. Thanks!

Old 07-27-2006, 04:34 PM
5 Year Member
Rushneck honda in Tarrytown NY has a couple of Fits.

Old 07-27-2006, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
the honda dealer on ridge pike out in consohocken (conicelli?) should have some.

Old 07-27-2006, 09:01 PM
philipsburg-easton honda appears to have some. that's where i bought mine!

www.phillipsburghonda.com

Old 07-27-2006, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by 743power
the honda dealer on ridge pike out in consohocken (conicelli?) should have some.
I live in the Philly burbs also, and when I was shopping around I went to Conicelli in Conshy, Drexel Hill Honda, and Main Line Honda.

The people at Conicelli were rude and blew me off. At the time I went in, they had 2 base models but the salesperson acted as if I was putting him out by asking to see them. So, they pissed me off and I took my business elsewhere.

Drexel Hill was awesome. I got a quote right away (neither of the other dealers would even give me a quote until I went in to see them). The guy at Main Line wouldn't match the quote I got from Drexel Hill. At first he tried to tell me it was $1000 more and I told him to forget it, although I could have had the car in 3 weeks (this was at the end of May). Finally he went down to $400 over, but still wouldn't meet DH's price. He was the typical high pressure salesperson and I just didn't like his attitude, so I walked out and went to Drexel Hill.

The people at Drexel Hill are extremely down to earth and no pressure. I have nothing but positive things to say about them. My salesperson's name was Diane LaPlante--you should give her a call and tell her I sent you.

Old 07-27-2006, 10:57 PM
VinandTonic -

I will definitely stop by and check them out. I just graduated from 'nova, and am originally from a small city in CT, so I'm not really used to having so many dealerships in close proximity to chose from; I appreciate the input!

Was the Drexel Hill dealership able to come close to MSRP? I'm contemplating even buying the fit from back home in CT, where the local dealer is currently selling sport ATs for $16,600. Is this significantly cheaper than what you've found around here?

EDIT: would have helped if I went to Drexel Hill's website and checked their price, which for a Sport AT is $15,970...I guess that answers my question about if it's cheaper...

Last edited by kickoutthelights; 07-27-2006 at 11:02 PM.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:02 AM
Originally Posted by kickoutthelights
VinandTonic -

I will definitely stop by and check them out. I just graduated from 'nova, and am originally from a small city in CT, so I'm not really used to having so many dealerships in close proximity to chose from; I appreciate the input!

Was the Drexel Hill dealership able to come close to MSRP? I'm contemplating even buying the fit from back home in CT, where the local dealer is currently selling sport ATs for $16,600. Is this significantly cheaper than what you've found around here?

EDIT: would have helped if I went to Drexel Hill's website and checked their price, which for a Sport AT is $15,970...I guess that answers my question about if it's cheaper...
Congrats on your recent grad from 'nova! I work in Bryn Mawr and a lot of my employees are 'nova students.

I was quoted $16,600 also. With tax and title/tag transfer, etc it came out to $17500.

Diane is the best car salesperson I've ever dealt with. She's completely down to earth and no bs, no pressure whatsoever. She really made buying the car a positive experience, even when I had to wait another month because my first Fit came in damaged.

good luck! Maybe I'll see you driving around in a new Fit in a couple of months

Old 07-31-2006, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by vinandtonic
I live in the Philly burbs also, and when I was shopping around I went to Conicelli in Conshy, Drexel Hill Honda, and Main Line Honda.

The people at Conicelli were rude and blew me off. At the time I went in, they had 2 base models but the salesperson acted as if I was putting him out by asking to see them. So, they pissed me off and I took my business elsewhere.

Drexel Hill was awesome. I got a quote right away (neither of the other dealers would even give me a quote until I went in to see them). The guy at Main Line wouldn't match the quote I got from Drexel Hill. At first he tried to tell me it was $1000 more and I told him to forget it, although I could have had the car in 3 weeks (this was at the end of May). Finally he went down to $400 over, but still wouldn't meet DH's price. He was the typical high pressure salesperson and I just didn't like his attitude, so I walked out and went to Drexel Hill.

The people at Drexel Hill are extremely down to earth and no pressure. I have nothing but positive things to say about them. My salesperson's name was Diane LaPlante--you should give her a call and tell her I sent you.
I'm going to second the Drexel Hill recommendation, vin! I'm also a Philly person, and that's the dealership I went to for my Fit. My salesman was very nice and low pressure. I test drove the Fit out there, and he gave me time to think about it, even let me test out a Civic when I said I was looking at those, as well. They worked with me after I said I wanted the Fit, and returned my calls promptly when I asked questions.

The only thing that keeps me from giving it perfect remarks is the fact that I didn't originally get my full gas tank when I bought the car, and I had to bug them to give me my gas after I left the dealership (I didn't notice until I was driving home b/c I didn't expect the tank of a new car to be on Empty!). Well, that and the fact that the buying process was extremely rushed, since they were about to close when I ran down there to get the Fit. The Fit also didn't come in until over a week after I was told it would be there, which wasn't their fault, but it was frustrating nonetheless, since I had to stalk them with calls every other day for the status of this car that was supposed to be on the lot. Eh. I can't say I'm upset about those things, though. Stuff happens. I'm pleased with my dealership, and I'm pleased with my car.

Conicelli actually was great to me, too (they still call me occasionally asking if I'm still in the market for a car, lol). I felt bad I couldn't buy the Fit from them, but they don't even have any to test drive on the lot. To the OP: I would NOT go to Conicelli to look for a Fit. The saleswoman told me that they have a waiting list until September for the car, which was back at the end of June, so I imagine it's longer now. I actually saw my first Fit in person on that lot, but it got snapped up that day, and by the time I went for my test drive two weeks later, they only had one there that was already sold and therefore, I couldn't look at. Plus, they wanted a $1000 deposit (refundable, though), when all the other dealerships told me $500 (Drexel Hill didn't take a deposit at all, which is another reason why they were cool there).

Sloane Honda in the Northeast section of Philly might be good for a Fit, or at least to be put on the waiting list. They wanted a deposit from me back last month when I first inquired, though, and it wasn't refundable, so be prepared for that if they have any coming in.

I would just keep calling dealerships. Try the smaller ones in the 'burbs. There's a Honda dealership in Downingtown. They didn't have any Fits on the lot when I drove by last week, but it might be easier to snap up a Fit that comes in randomly at a smaller place instead of a huge one like Conicelli (where everyone goes - their customer benefits are pretty sweet, like free emissions testing and special Saturday service hours for customers only).

Old 08-12-2006, 08:12 PM
5 Year Member
I dont know where in CT you used to live but I grew up in CT and just moved back... Liberty Honda in Hartford had a Fit to test drive but they jacked the price up 2K and were not relaxed at all.... Manchester Honda doesnt have any Fits but they will order one for you, sell at msrp price and are relaxed and nice.

Old 08-12-2006, 11:22 PM
i needed my fit ASAP as i was replacing a totalled car and was in a time crunch.

When i stopped by Lehigh Valley honda, they had a Black Sport MT that I test drove, but I'm one of those weird people that wanted an AT instead

So began the search for either a BOM or SSM AT sport...

Phillipsburg Easton tried really hard for me - found a Red AT Sport for me to test drive, but couldn't find a BOM or SSM to trade it with, lehigh valley honday was not willing to try - they pretty much said -we'll order one, but can't help you get one any sooner - but i will say they weren't particularly rude about it.

I ended up just e-mailing and calling about every Honda dealership in the eastern half of PA. And one day I got a call from Ciocca Honda in Hershey that they had one in - the rest is history

Last edited by trowpa; 08-12-2006 at 11:26 PM.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:49 PM
Co"not"nicelli SUX. I had a downpayment there, and the fat salesperson was just ignorant and rude. i got my downpayment back and pick one up at ROBERTS Honda in Downingtown in a matter of 3 weeks. Roberts Honda was Great, the salesperson, the atmosphere, everything. If there's this many people in PHILLY Area, we should get a meet going!!!!

Old 08-17-2006, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by fireman27c
If there's this many people in PHILLY Area, we should get a meet going!!!!
Sure - i'm for it!

Old 08-19-2006, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by fireman27c
Co"not"nicelli SUX. I had a downpayment there, and the fat salesperson was just ignorant and rude. i got my downpayment back and pick one up at ROBERTS Honda in Downingtown in a matter of 3 weeks. Roberts Honda was Great, the salesperson, the atmosphere, everything. If there's this many people in PHILLY Area, we should get a meet going!!!!
When I was considering Conicelli, my salesperson was a woman- I don't think she had been there that long. Maybe that's why she was still nice, lol. If they had my car, I would have bought from them, but Drexel Hill had what I wanted and got my sale.

I'm in the vicnity of Roberts Honda a lot (I work as a journalist, and the area I cover is in Downingtown). I always used to scout their lot for Fits, but I never saw any. Then, I only saw the Fit on Drexel Hill's lot that one time during my test drive (and again when I picked mine up!). I think smaller dealerships like Roberts and Drexel Hill (which is still actually part of a larger chain, but it doesn't give off that vibe) are probably easier to deal with than huge mega car lots like Conicelli.

And, I'm totally down for a Philly-area meetup! I've only seen a handful of Fits in the area so far (around four or five - three were red!), so I've probably seen one or two of you guys already, hehe. They seem rarer around here (I've seen more on road trips to NYC).