Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

How long did you wait for your Fit ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 11:04 PM
How long did you wait for your Fit ?

I am hearing all kinds of projections from 1 to 2 months to 4 to 6 months from several dealers here in Ohio. Deposits range from nothing down (that was the 4 to 6 month estimate) to $200 (3 months) to $500 (1 month) is there a pattern here ? Anyway how long did it take for your Fit to arrive and what model do you have ? Love to hear from all - especially from Ohio !

Old 08-02-2006, 11:30 PM
I put in my order June 6th and am still waiting for some word. The next allocation is due within a week, so maybe my car will be on it, meaning it should be at the dealership within a month or so after that, but I'm not holding my breath.

JonasM (near Cleveland, Oh)

Old 08-02-2006, 11:36 PM
we are in Canada and placed a $500 deposit near the start of July and have yet to hear of any type of date, original time span given to us was somewhere between 1-3 months??

Old 08-03-2006, 12:40 AM
Father of the Wasteland
5 Year Member
no wait. got it the first week

Old 08-03-2006, 07:36 AM
Shut up. I don't want to hear it.

(j/k)

JonasM

Originally Posted by Ricepuddin
no wait. got it the first week

Old 08-03-2006, 09:01 AM
It took me about four weeks to get my Fit Sport A/T from my dealership right outside of Philly (Drexel Hill). Didn't have to put down a deposit, but the wait was annoying. I got her, though

Old 08-03-2006, 09:18 AM
I live in Mass, on Cape Cod. The local dealership won't take orders. They were great to deal with and I exchanged a bunch of emails with the salescritter. They have everything on all of their sheets pre-paid and a waiting list for the next allocation list. Further out at Boch "the second biggest honda dealer on the planet," I put a $500 non-charged credit card deposit on a red sport auto on July 11th and after seeing the photo threads here I told them the week of the 20th I was more interested in a vivid blue if it came in around the same time, but didn't want to wait longer. They called me this past Tuesday August 1 with a build date of August 4 (this friday!) for a blue and still no build date for a red, so I switched to a blue. They say I should hear around the end of the month about a delivery date.

As of Wednesday, there was a white sport auto on the lot at Saccucci in Rhode Island. And they're getting a black sport auto in two weeks that doesn't have a deposit. But those are two colors (white shows too much dirt and dings and black absorbs to much heat) that I ruled out based on owning a white and black car in the past. It's a shame because of all the dealers, they've been the most pleasant to deal with. Answered email promptly and the guy was even on googlechat. (If anyone in southern new england wants either email billschmidt@saccucci.com).

Last edited by kathygnome; 08-03-2006 at 09:23 AM.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:16 PM
We put a ($500) deposit down on July 3rd on a VBP Base Fit with an M/T. I guess thats a very rare combo because im still waiting on an ARRIVAL date. Im hoping to get my car before November.

Old 08-03-2006, 03:41 PM
Put a ($1000) depostit down on June 30 for a BOM Sport M/T. Still waiting for a build date.

Old 08-04-2006, 10:53 AM
5 Year Member
I put a deposit down on April 19 at an Austin TX dealership, for a base MT Fit, right after I was able to see one in person. (The Fit I looked at was only the second one to arrive at the dealership). At the time, they anticipated a "June-July" delivery. Many phone calls and emails later, the story has evolved. Now I understand that "my" car had a "build date" of July 18, which presumably DID occur, because I now have the VIN. However, there is no info about a "ship date" yet so this must mean that MY car, (along with a bunch of others), is languishing somewhere in Japan waiting to get on a barge (or whatever vessel they get shipped on).
Given the enormous demand for these vehicles, a 2-wk delay in shipping seems rather odd, but we are at the mercy of the freight companies if we want made-in-Japan vehicles. I don't know how long it takes to ship across the Pacific but I bet it is about a month. In the old days when passenger ships sailed the seas it took 5 days to get from LA to Honolulu. The distance to Japan is nearly 3 times that far, plus freighters go slower than passenger ships, last I heard.
Bottom line: if you want a Fit now, you will learn patience or you will buy something else.

Old 08-04-2006, 11:30 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
It took two months and a day from when we said what we wanted to when we drove it off the lot. The build date times went back and forth a few times, but the car finally came in.

Old 08-04-2006, 01:29 PM
I put down a deposit of $250 on July 7 for a Sport M/T (not really picky about color) and I have yet to hear anything. I am willing to wait it out though. Oh, I am near Dallas, TX.

Old 08-05-2006, 03:53 PM
I placed a $200 deposit for a VBP Sport A/T on July 5th. The dealer said 4-8 weeks, but I haven't heard anything yet and it has been over 4 weeks. I would like to have this car by the end of summer! What is the reason for these long waiting periods???

Old 08-08-2006, 05:38 PM
36 days. Bought in early May, got in early June.

Old 08-09-2006, 12:18 AM
5 Year Member
Bought mine the first day it came out . ( I think 4/20) $100 of MSRP at Rushneck Honda Tarrytown NY.

Old 08-10-2006, 05:07 PM
Orderd my SSM M/T Sport on May 10th. Got a build date of July 8th. Got the vin # on July 22 and I still have no Fit, no idea when it's going to show up and I'm getting ready to have a fit of my own cuz I'm getting damn tired of waiting. Oh and I put a $100 deposit down. I'm gonna call my sales guy tomorrow and see if he knows anything. I want my Fit.

Aug. 16th- Picked up my Fit. So I only had to wait 3 months and 6 days.

Last edited by Lunacreations; 08-16-2006 at 08:59 PM.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:46 PM
John Hinderer

Originally Posted by onebyone1958
I am hearing all kinds of projections from 1 to 2 months to 4 to 6 months from several dealers here in Ohio. Deposits range from nothing down (that was the 4 to 6 month estimate) to $200 (3 months) to $500 (1 month) is there a pattern here ? Anyway how long did it take for your Fit to arrive and what model do you have ? Love to hear from all - especially from Ohio !
We have waited since May 15th (Deposit $500). Seems that 3 months + is the norm. Unfortunately for Honda, John Hinderer Honda in Newark, just outside Columbus OH, lost the deal. No communication, every contact made was initiated by us (to us $500 deposit demands a little more respect). Last we heard was that our White FIT AT (we ordered grey) was in Indiana. That was over a week ago. We have since bought a Nissan Versa, much better experience, much better car. We haven't told the Honda dealership yet...can't wait to break the news.

Last edited by karmandrew; 08-11-2006 at 10:51 PM.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:20 PM
Smile Only 5 days!

5 days from when I first spoke to the dealer.

Monday they called me at work in response to a Fit quote request from Honda. They asked for my color and transmission choices. I said I wanted a Fit Sport m/t in White, Blue, or Silver.

Thursday they called to say they located the car and took my $500 credit card deposit over the phone.

Friday I called them and found out that my car came in and was being prepped. They asked if I would mind coming in Saturday morning to pick it up.

Saturday morning 5/13/2006 I picked up my Fit at around 11:00 am.

This all happened incredibly fast. If I were to try this today I don't think that I'd be so lucky.

Old 08-12-2006, 01:38 AM
We first went into our dealership and they had a SSM Fit but we still needed to sell our current car. When our car was about to be sold we went up to the dealership to see if they had one and they had a BOM Fit. We sold our car, went up to the dealership afraid that maybe it would be gone but it was still sitting there! We were so excited....it took some haggling to get a lower price than what they had on the sticker ($18500) but we drove it home that night. I LOVE MY FIT!!!

Old 08-12-2006, 01:15 PM
5 Year Member
LMM MT
4/19 ordered/deposit put down
6/26 provided build date of 7/13
7/27 learned build date had been delayed to 7/18
8/11 provided ship date of 8/9 with projected arrival (Austin TX) 8/30

you gotta suffer if you wanna sing the blues . . .

Quick Reply: How long did you wait for your Fit ?