Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

You guys are not going to believe what a dealership tried pulling....

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 06:32 PM
Thumbs down You guys are not going to believe what GRAND HONDA in ELMHURST,IL tried pulling....

Well to start off, just so you have an idea where I am coming from, I have been waiting 7 weeks and 1 one day for my baby to come, and the dealer I placed the deposit at still cant get the one I want.

The one I want is a manual FIT sport and my top three colors are White, Black, and then Silver.

My dealer told me that they are having trouble getting the one I want (which I think is bull) and they have a blue automatic coming in soon, so if I want it, its mine. But since thats not my first choice, I have been trying other dealers to see if anything else is in, ( I called 24 local dealers yesterday!!)

So thats my backstory, but this is what happened yesterday:

I called GRAND HONDA in Elmhurst, IL to see if they got any FIT's in stock, and by some miracle, they actually had the one I wanted: A New Manual White Sport!! So I told my boss that I gotta go get my car and left work very excited that I am FINALLY going to get my car.

We arrive at the delearship and first of all its very hot inside the delearship, and second the saleslady we were talking to was horrible. She knew nothing about the car, where it came from and so on. I had to go with her because my dad does not understand english and she was the only Polish speaking salesman.

So I went to go look at the car and I noticed some scratches on the front bumper, the hood, and the headlights, which was odd for a new car. When I sat in the car, it looked kinda dirty almost and felt a little weird, not like that new car feel you get when you first sit in a new car. Know what i mean?

Then I noticed on the speedometer that it had 10,000 miles on it already!! I was like WHAT THE ****?? So I asked the saleswoman whats the deal with the miles because she said it was new. And like almost all her answers, she said "I DUNNO." I mean what the hell is with that??

So being as desperate as I am for a car, we decided to try to get it for a lower price since it was "used". She filled out the price sheet and went to go talk to her manager (supposedly) and came back with this offer:

$18,600!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I almost fell out of my seat laughing.....I was like: "Are you kidding me?" A NEW FIT costs $15,600 MSRP and your offering me $18,600 for a USED FIT??? So she asked us how much we want to pay and we put $13,500 as our offer. She comes back from her manager's office and shows us $17,800!!! I was like: "lady, you have got to be kidding me." So I explained to her that there is now way that car is worth that much, even if it was new.

So I asked to talk to her manager to ask him his logic on where he got the idea that its worth $18,600. I did not understand it at all.

So she bullshitted us some more before I finally went to the manager's office myself and asked him where he got this number from and if he thinks we look like idiots and where the 10,000 miles came from (since the saleswoman was an idiot). He said that the car was owned by a Honda executive and that the $18,600 is a gracious offer. I told him there is no way we are paying that. So he said his final offer is $17,400. I got up, shook his hand, and said "No way" and "good luck with trying to sell it for that price".....lol

And the funny thing is that I mentuoned this story to some of the dealers I called yesterday and they knew about this particular dealership and how they try to screw over people.

Lets just say I will never go back and highly recommend

IF ANYONE IS CONSIDERING GOING TO GRAND HONDA IN ELMHURST, IL.....DONT!! THEY WILL TRY TO SCREW YOU OVER!!

Last edited by TedsFit; 08-21-2006 at 05:01 PM. Reason: corrected
Old 08-03-2006, 06:36 PM
WOW, what a shitty experience! I would definitely hold out and wait for the one you want. I waited 3 months, ordered mine in April, it arrived in July!

Wait, there is no harm in it.

Old 08-03-2006, 06:37 PM
sorry about the length of this post but I had to get this story out to you guys because I know you will appreciate it and laugh just like I did.....

Old 08-03-2006, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by ChrisG
WOW, what a shitty experience! I would definitely hold out and wait for the one you want. I waited 3 months, ordered mine in April, it arrived in July!

Wait, there is no harm in it.
yeah I go ya man, it just sux because my current car is falling apart and its becoming necessity more than want.....

thanx for the adivce though

Old 08-03-2006, 06:51 PM
Man, that sucks! I can empathize - I'm waiting on a White Sport M/T. Just yesterday a local dealer did a check for me, and told me there's not one in a 14 state area. My BS meter went off the dial as soon as I read how they called that they have one in stock.

Hang in there - it will be worth it.

JonasM

Old 08-03-2006, 07:00 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Nothing exciting here at work until I read this. That's freakin funny!

Old 08-03-2006, 07:25 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
OMG, that his hilarious! This needs to be in the dealership forum so folks can watch out for this place!

Old 08-03-2006, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member
You were alot nicer to the manager than I would've been in that situation. $18,600 and that's a gracious offer?! A gracious offer was you not punching his nuts as you walked out.

Old 08-04-2006, 02:58 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
thats straight BS...i dont care what any salesman you really have to be an idiot to take that car at that price...f**k them

Old 08-04-2006, 06:49 AM
UNBELIEVABLE! How could they have said those prices with a straight face!??!

Old 08-21-2006, 05:01 PM
update.....while driving by I noticed they STILL have the FIT on the lot....hahahaha dumb bastards....

Old 08-21-2006, 08:00 PM
Those idiots. One of the guys working there probably wanted to drive a Fit for free. So he/she thinks they can use it and sell it and the boss wont know that they had been using it. Kind of like the video games stores (ebgames / gamestop) where they open up the game play it and use the shrink wrap machine in the back. Thanks to Sony and Microsoft, no more shrink wrap to deter this from happening. Report them to honda.

Old 08-21-2006, 08:59 PM
5 Year Member
That's just insane

I just finished posting a post praising the dealership I purchased my FIT from. If it was me I would demand my deposit back in cash and go somewhere else. I don't know how it would work out but http://www.damson.com/honda/index.html is a very large dealership in north alabama and they made my buying experience a good one perhaps you could see if they could help.

It may be a long wait with them too now but it only took 9 days to get mine that was in the end of May. The size of the dealership matters as to how fast they can get the one you want.

It's an idea, hope it helps or you get yours. soon either way.

Old 08-21-2006, 10:22 PM
what an idiot... I got Mine with Directly off the truck.... Options I wanted, $17,741.24 Taxes Payed... so this dealer is an fool!!!!

Old 08-22-2006, 02:14 PM
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Grand honda. I got my FIT from Grand Honda. I encountered no problem with my salesguy.

Old 08-22-2006, 02:36 PM
5 Year Member
Talking

i ORDERED MINE ON SUNDAY AND WAS DRIVING ON THURSDAY.....