Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Highest price asked by dealer for Fit

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
what $25000 just the car?? what the hack is that dealer thinking?? Wow how about after the interest rate and all kind of fee??? I think who pay with $25000 can afford a BMW/Audi

Old 10-05-2006, 04:39 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
norm reeves honda in cerritos had a silver fit (auto), used, with 3 years left on warranty i think, and about 6000 miles on the odometer, for a grand total of $19,800. and that was "TODAY'S SPECIAL PRICE" according to the gigantic bright decal on the windshield.

Old 10-18-2006, 01:45 AM
5 Year Member
Here is my email quote I got through my supposed corporate discount program offered by my employer. This is their "special" internet price

Dear ******:

This is Jim Watkins the Internet/Fleet Sales Manager at Costa Mesa Honda. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you with your vehicle purchase. Please keep in mind that our dealership is owned by the largest automotive corporation in the United States, with 33 dealers in the southern California area. Our C.S.I. (Customer Satisfaction Index) is at a all time high through out our 33 dealerships.

Here is the pricing information you requested.

2007 Honda FIT SPORT AUTOMATIC

Your Special Internet/Fleet price is- $18,065.00 Plus Tax and License

This special price includes the destination and handling charge of ($550.00 ). make sure you ask for Jim Watkins when coming to our Dealership.

* * * If I am unavailable Please ask for the Internet Department as this is the only way you will obtain the quoted price.

This quote is valid for 5 days only

Please call for an appointment. This will be a pleasant car buying experience!

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,
Jimmie Dale Watkins
Power Honda Costa Mesa
2888 Harbor Blvd.
Costa Mesa CA 92626
714-436-5050 ext 242

How gullible are car customers these days? What is the regular price?

Old 10-18-2006, 01:54 AM
5 Year Member
jthai?!? arent you the guy who owns the silver mr2 on the other board? if its you, i really liked your setup when i had my mr2. now im in the fit world

Old 10-18-2006, 01:56 AM
5 Year Member
hey man! funny to see another mr2oc'er haha. i have a white sw tho. u probably recognize the screenname hehe. next meet i'll bring my fit...once i get it. how long have u had yours?

Old 10-18-2006, 10:17 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jthai
hey man! funny to see another mr2oc'er haha. i have a white sw tho. u probably recognize the screenname hehe. next meet i'll bring my fit...once i get it. how long have u had yours?
ohhh, now i remember, white 93, blitz rims right? you work over at the boa? I was the guy with the greddy/kaminari silver deuce. Yea I just got my fit ~3 wks ago.

Old 10-18-2006, 10:33 AM
5 Year Member
thats me hehe. can't wait to get the fit but i still have my 2. did you do anything to your fit yet? maybe i'll see it around mira mesa.

Old 10-18-2006, 10:40 AM
5 Year Member
I got mine at Penske Honda in Ontario Ca. They only sell their cars at or below MSRP... Talk to Anthony Medina just let him know Lorenzo sent you...

Old 06-16-2007, 07:24 PM
Thumbs up Still hard to come by and when they have em there gone

Albuquerque New Mexico USA --- Been lookin at cars since Sept and finally went and saw the fit ... dealer only had 1. Took it for a test drive and so far was the best of what I looked at ... wanted a MT though ... they were up front and said 1k over msrp ... so went to the other dealer in town (Garcia Honda Albuquerque NM) they had one blue AT ... talked to the salesman and he said lets go see what we can do ... looked at the list they were getting in and there was a Black and and Orange MT due in within a 2 months or so ... they also could see what everyone else around them is getting so don't let they play you ... I wanted a Orange or Silver one so went with the Orange and gave them a deposit ... the build date is Jun 26th with about a 4 week deliver time frame so hope 1st week of Aug ... got it at MSRP ... tried to haggle but they said they are one of the few Honda dealers that don't haggle and the price on the sticker is what you pay ... NOTE: most sticker prices were below MSRP.

Old 06-17-2007, 09:24 PM
my home gurl got her balck sport fot for 24K so i dunno.. das jess too much... i got my base model for under 14K so i dunno..

Old 07-06-2007, 08:05 PM
Was shopping last week and had Sam Swope Honda in Louisville quote me ~$20K otd which was ~$2.4k higher OTD than some dealers around here.

Reminds me a bit of 2004 and the Prius. My wife was in the market for one and the local Toyo dealers wanted $27-29k for them...got a quote of $22k last week and now they come std with HID and some other items not ont hem in '04.

Old 07-06-2007, 10:31 PM
my 07 tw

I just ordered my 07 tw fit sport 5at from rosen honda in gurnee, I'LL the other day. They said the build date was in the next 5 days and a delivery date of august 10th. My total out the door was $17,445.00. $25,000 is insane. I'd buy an evo for that!

Old 07-07-2007, 02:52 AM
Originally Posted by kgb4187
You should really call Honda and let them know about that. I heard somewhere that they dont like dealer mark-ups at all, so serious price gouging should be dealt with. The wheel locks are like $35 bucks too.
you heard wrong.

Old 07-07-2007, 08:13 AM
Honda seems to have fewer dealers that gouge prices but then again when was the last time Honda lanuched a "PT Cruiser" (had one of my employees pay $30k for one in '99 when it first got hot), or a VW bug in '98 or a "Shelby Mustang"....dealers are gouging on these FIT in cities where they know they can...Honda may not like it but there isnt a lot they can do...it's all about supply and demand.

Old 07-18-2007, 08:21 PM
Sheesh, when I started negotiating for my fit I told them I refuse to pay more than Honda recognizes as the retail value. Honda suggests the MSRP for a reason. I think a few folks need to haggle a bit better. I understand that the Honda dealers are getting over MSRP but at the end of the day, they wont ever turn down an opportunity to move a car. You just gotta pin dealer against dealer and create a personal price war. It is a great little car though and I love it.

I'm 6'3 and 210 lbs and I am proud to love my fit!

Old 07-19-2007, 01:57 AM
Originally Posted by WickedWeasel
Sheesh, when I started negotiating for my fit I told them I refuse to pay more than Honda recognizes as the retail value. Honda suggests the MSRP for a reason. I think a few folks need to haggle a bit better. I understand that the Honda dealers are getting over MSRP but at the end of the day, they wont ever turn down an opportunity to move a car. You just gotta pin dealer against dealer and create a personal price war. It is a great little car though and I love it.

I'm 6'3 and 210 lbs and I am proud to love my fit!
now change dealers with customers, and price war with bid war. that's reality. you can try to dealer against dealer as much as you want. just because dealer A is willing to dump a fit at msrp, doesnt mean the next is willing to dump it for 100 less, the one after is willing 200 less. if thats the case, we'd all be visiting 25 dealers, paying thousands less, and have the entire industry go out of business.

p.s. msrp is useless, unless everyone is willing to pay msrp for every car. you dont get to choose to pay msrp for the hot car, and invoice minus 3500 for the suv no one wants.

Old 07-23-2007, 03:25 PM
SF Honda is Shameless!

I was quoted 19,400 from San Francisco Honda on a Sport MT (MSRP is 15,765). That is a markup of 3635.00 for no add ons, extras, or anything!!

When I asked "Seriously, what is your best price...I actually want to buy this car?", SF Honda's response was "I am serious as a heart attack!". Shocking....

Check out some first pics of the new Fit here:https://www.fitfreak.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=315

Old 07-23-2007, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by aywwsd
p.s. msrp is useless, unless everyone is willing to pay msrp for every car. you dont get to choose to pay msrp for the hot car, and invoice minus 3500 for the suv no one wants.
Actually, you do get to choose....it's your money! I agree, the MSRP is an arbitrary number and almost useless, but if anything, that is all the more reason not to pay over msrp. Willingness to pay MSRP is more than enough of a concession to the supply and demand issue IMO.

There is plenty of money to be made in selling at MSRP especially on a "hot car" since they sell themselves and require zero advertising compared to a car that requires a lot of work to sell. Basically, fair prices sell cars, not bloated ones.

Old 07-23-2007, 03:50 PM
There are a couple of Sport MT availabe in Albuquerque New Mexico ... cheaper to fly down buy and drive back ... I paid MSRP.

Old 07-23-2007, 04:07 PM
I did find a good deal in Davis. Paid MSRP but managed to get some service thrown in...

Quick Reply: Highest price asked by dealer for Fit