Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Concord Honda Concord, California

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 04:56 PM
Thumbs up Concord Honda Concord, California

Helped daughter graduating from college next spring purchase a new car. After researching on the Internet, decided on a Fit in mid May. She wanted the Storm Silver Sport, automatic. Since I had been lurking on these forums, I was aware that getting a Fit wasn't like buying a new Corolla.

I decided to try Costco Auto Buying Program. After calling the toll-free #, I discovered that almost all Honda dealerships participating in the Costco program excluded the Fit. I had the Costco person start reading off locations of dealerships, excluded those I considered too far away, and then had her check too see which didn't exclude the Fit. Chose Concord Honda because it was the closest to us (about 50 miles) and there were only 4 dealers in NCalif not excluding the Fit. Drove to the dealer on Memorial Day, put down a $500 deposit and waited. The Internet salesmen, Ali Amanzay and Doug Miller, said it would be 4 to 5 weeks based on earlier sales of the Fit. It ended up being 6 1/2 weeks...about 4 weeks after I received the VIN. I don't think Honda really keeps the dealers fully posted on each vehicle (other than generally), but the process went smoothly and I picked up the car on 7/12 at $100 under MSRP with absolutely no add ons. And doc fee was only around $40.

I feel lucky that there were no problems. I guess demand has so far outstripped supply that Concord Honda isn't taking deposits anymore because they don't want to promise what they can't deliver on a timely basis.

Two other N Calif dealers which participate in Costco program and weren't excluding the Fit in May anyway are Auburn Honda and Wittmeier Honda in Chico. I can't recall the other one.

Old 08-09-2006, 03:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitdad
Helped daughter graduating from college next spring purchase a new car. After researching on the Internet, decided on a Fit in mid May. She wanted the Storm Silver Sport, automatic. Since I had been lurking on these forums, I was aware that getting a Fit wasn't like buying a new Corolla.

I decided to try Costco Auto Buying Program. After calling the toll-free #, I discovered that almost all Honda dealerships participating in the Costco program excluded the Fit. I had the Costco person start reading off locations of dealerships, excluded those I considered too far away, and then had her check too see which didn't exclude the Fit. Chose Concord Honda because it was the closest to us (about 50 miles) and there were only 4 dealers in NCalif not excluding the Fit. Drove to the dealer on Memorial Day, put down a $500 deposit and waited. The Internet salesmen, Ali Amanzay and Doug Miller, said it would be 4 to 5 weeks based on earlier sales of the Fit. It ended up being 6 1/2 weeks...about 4 weeks after I received the VIN. I don't think Honda really keeps the dealers fully posted on each vehicle (other than generally), but the process went smoothly and I picked up the car on 7/12 at $100 under MSRP with absolutely no add ons. And doc fee was only around $40.

I feel lucky that there were no problems. I guess demand has so far outstripped supply that Concord Honda isn't taking deposits anymore because they don't want to promise what they can't deliver on a timely basis.

Two other N Calif dealers which participate in Costco program and weren't excluding the Fit in May anyway are Auburn Honda and Wittmeier Honda in Chico. I can't recall the other one.
how much did you pay out the door?

Old 08-09-2006, 10:21 AM
Nothing was added on. Bought any accessories elsewhere. Bought extended warranty elsewhere.

So 2007 Fit Sport automatice plus tax, license, doc fee..$18002.11 out the door.

Old 08-09-2006, 12:55 PM
Seems like a rip off (no offense) especially when you paid $100 under MSRP. I paid $16500 out the door, with no special pricing. They must tax something awful in CA. I'm living out in NC now.

Old 08-09-2006, 02:29 PM
MSRP for the Fit Sport Automatic with destination is 16520. So paid 16420 plus 8.25% Calif sales tax, plus around $60 doc fee, plus registration.

Unless your state doesn't charge sales tax or registration fee...or your vehicle was base model and/or manual, I don't see how your OTD price was what it was.