Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

John Hinderer Honda - Newark, OH (Just outside Columbus) - Bad Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 08:34 PM
Thumbs down John Hinderer Honda - Newark, OH (Just outside Columbus) - Bad Customer Service

On 16th May 2006, we placed a deposit on a silver Fit MT at John Hinderer Honda. We had assurances that our request would be fulfilled quicker than the three months other dealerships had quoted.
Unfortunately, not only was this not met and the customer service from the dealership was very, very poor.
We had to wait over a month for the salesman to contact us with any or even no news following our initial visit. Every point of contact since then was initiated by us, and we had to change the color of the vehicle, and the transmission type just to have a chance of getting anything within the three months. We felt that we were lied to just to get our patronage. By the time July rolled round (two months of waiting) we did not fancy going elsewhere as we did not want to wait another 2+ months.
By the 17th of July we were told that a white Fit AT would be delivered on either the last week of July or first week of August and that we could put our name on it, or we could wait another two months for a blue Fit AT. How could only one Fit be arriving every two months, something was not right, especially since we were assured that the get several Fits in every month, and we were by now "top of the list".
We decided to call more often leading up to the end of July and on July 29th we were told by the salesman that the car would arrive on either the 30th or the 31st of July. We were then told that the car was delayed in Kansas (for two days), then it was in Indiana 3rd August at which point our salesman said that he would be out for 3 days, but he would call in to the dealership and let us know when it arrives. We have not heard anything we have now decided to buy a Nissan Versa, and have cancelled our check for the $500 deposit. One thing that I keep thinking about is in May when we gave our deposit we were told the price would be the MSRP, however the salesman let it slip that people were offering more money to get their Fit quicker.....Is this why our silver Fit MT turned to white AT or a blue Fit AT in TWO more months?...Also why have we still not been called after 10 days since the car was in Indiana, unless Indiana is some small island in the Pacific.

Last edited by karmandrew; 08-22-2006 at 10:44 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:51 PM
We have a $500 deposit on a Blue sport AT that is supposed to be in by the end of the month at John Hinderer. The lady who contacted me in the first place was ridiculous. She called saying they had a Fit in. I left her a message asking what color it was and such. Told her we wanted blue. Asked her the OTD price. She leaves me a message saying, "Yes, we have that car in. Please come down this weekend and bring your trade in." Um, what? Price, anybody? And she didn't even mention the color. I decided to hell with this lady and contacted their Internet manager. Turns out the Fit in stock was white, which didn't exactly endear me to this dealership. But he said he was getting a blue one in "any time now" so I put a little faith in him and gave him a deposit. We also have a $250 deposit on a blue one at another dealership so whoever gets it in first wins. The Hinderer guy has been very good. We have been exchanging emails pretty regularly, but I'm still a bit skeptical that it will actually be here by the end of November. We shall see. The other dealership has been pathetic, to be quite honest. Haven't heard from them since we placed our deposit, but they said the wait was until December/January. I don't know. I just want my freakin' car! I will post a more in-depth review once I have my car in hand.

Last edited by Frisky; 11-13-2006 at 04:56 PM.