Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Carmichael Honda, Sacramento CA

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 05:10 PM
iwu
Thumbs up Carmichael Honda, Sacramento CA

I had purchased an 06 Civic from a guy named Jeff last year so one of my first stops in my quest for a Fit was Carmichael Honda. The initial lack of available inventory was disconcerting, as well as some of the markup (which is understandable). Jeff was now a manager (congrats!) so he hooked me up with Jesse.

To make a long story short I ended up sitting in my first Fit at another dealership at the local Roseville Automall (do the math as to which dealership... duh) and initially talking numbers with the 3rd salesman who was willing to not pass me over for someone hopefully buying a Ridgeline. I was given the EXTREME hard sell in Roseville. I have never been treated that way and finally had to litterally say "with respect, give me the ****ing keys to my truck, I need to go".

Luckily Jesse called and left a message that they just got a Fit in off a truck and they could work the numbers for me in the ballpark of what I was looking for.

I took my proposed trade-in Ranger on back down to Carmichael and was treated with respect, and friendship and there was no indication that I was going to sign a deal at all. Jesse and Jeff simply wanted to serve me as the customer... offering me free food and drink and saying "sorry for the wait" and "we're hurrying Mike" more time than was even necessary. When they weren't busy they were more than happy to chat with me about whatever as well.

I need to mention someone else too... Doug really helped this deal go through on my trade-in. He was able to see the value of our truck because of it's features despite the horrible resale value of a Ford. The Roseville dealership didn't take even 1 look at my truck even after I asked... they simply told me that it isn't worth what I was asking for it. Carmichael gave me exactly what I was asking for it (which was not an unreasonable number at all).

In the end I paid over MSRP for a rare vehicle that was perfect for me and my family, but these guys did some hard work for me to get me a deal I could be comfortable with. They have earned my trust and they sure as hell deserve more business.

People have a tendancy to flock to the local automalls because they think since those stores sell so much they won't mind giving you a deal on your car. Bullshit, plain and simple. The guys I saw were flat out crooks in Roseville (Autowest Honda - there I said it!). In the end the deal I got for a Fit Sport AT cost me LESS than the deal Autowest was trying to pawn off on me for a base AT.

If you live in or around Sacramento County, see these guys first for sure.