Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Scott Robinson Honda, Torrance, CA

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 03:49 PM
Thumbs down Scott Robinson Honda, Torrance, CA

BEWARE, BEWARE, BEWARE, Honda Fit Buyers. Some HONDA DEALERS ARE less than REPUTABLE. Here's some of our experience:

No floor mats with new car? What a joke. Shame on Honda. I called the Corporate Headquarters on this one and they were kind enough to agree, this is not a dealer fault. Shame on Corporate Honda. All other Honda cars being sold come with floor mats!

Price gouging by dealer, above MSRP, highly unethical. We saw the internet advertising on the car we wanted, MSRP listed. We arrive at Scott Robinson Honda, and what do they say, "Oh, you know we charge $1500 over MSRP?" We negotiated lower, $500 over. We found dealers out of the area who would never charge fees above MSRP, such as, San Leandro Honda. Ask for Grizelda, 888 600 8757, she's really nice to speak with. If time wasn't a factor, I would have easily driven to San Leandro for a car. In fact, the $500 over MSRP would have easily provided us with a hotel room and more than ample gas, food, and entertainment expenses.

Scott Robinson Honda added mud guards to the car. We didn't wish to purchase mud guards, especially living in Southern California. They were already installed on the car. This is not a four wheel drive off-road vehicle. Scott Robinson Honda charged us $130 for four pieces of plastic with two screws attaching each mud guard. These take about a couple of minutes a piece to attach. I could have bought this same plastic junk at PepBoys for a third of that price. Who needs mud guards in Southern California on a non off road car? Shame on me for accepting this situation.

We asked for the power package. There seemed to be some misrepresentation of the power package on Basic Fit model. We were told the car had the power package, then afterwards when handed the keys to the car and I noticed no remote entry, was told it would be an extra $300 to add keyless remote while waiting to sign the papers. Any one of the local shops can install a fine keyless entry for half that price. Shame on me for not walking out, howwever, my 86 year old mother needed a car ASAP and I had her with me.

I will never do business with Scott Robinson Honda again, and most likely, as a result of this experience, never buy another Honda. I say this because I have never bought a car that didn't come with floor mats.

This makes my fifth new car purchase in the past 20 months, two Suzukis, 1 Saturn, and 1 Corolla. All previous sales went superbly well, we were treated with dignity and respect. Customer Service was evident, I was treated as NUMBER 1. My needs were the most important and they let me know it. I can't say I received this treatment from the gang at Scott Robinson. Shame on them.

In addition, while working with the finance officer and signing the financial documents, we had to go through that process twice, because I wasn't listed as primary owner/buyer on all the documentation. Before the papers were drawn up, I had specifically made known that requirement that I would be listed as primary on the pink slip, and mother secondary. I reiterated that was the way it had to be. The finance officer said we could change it after it went through, that it didn't matter. I refused this situation and made him prepare the documents a second time, this time properly. We tore up the first set of documents and he properly prepared them the second time. I had to insist three times to get this through to them. Finally, the guy tore up the copies, and prepared them properly, we signed all the re-prepared documents, the second time. And get this, this dealer video records the signing session. Hope they get a gander of themselves.

So, out of a five star rating system, I would give the entire car buying experience and the Scott Robinson Team a one half star. Need I say more? I will never go back to this dealer for service or for any recall warranty work.

I called Honda Corporate Headquarters, only a few miles from my house. They are located in Torrance, CA.. They stated all my problems were dealer issues, they could do nothing. Shame on Corporate Honda.

I can only hope that your Fit doesn't give you a fit in the process of buying it. Perhaps they did get the name of the car straight.

Last edited by lomita1; 08-23-2006 at 03:53 PM.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by lomita1
BEWARE, BEWARE, BEWARE, Honda Fit Buyers. Some HONDA DEALERS ARE less than REPUTABLE. Here's some of our experience:

No floor mats with new car? What a joke. Shame on Honda. I called the Corporate Headquarters on this one and they were kind enough to agree, this is not a dealer fault. Shame on Corporate Honda. All other Honda cars being sold come with floor mats!

Price gouging by dealer, above MSRP, highly unethical. We saw the internet advertising on the car we wanted, MSRP listed. We arrive at Scott Robinson Honda, and what do they say, "Oh, you know we charge $1500 over MSRP?" We negotiated lower, $500 over. We found dealers out of the area who would never charge fees above MSRP, such as, San Leandro Honda. Ask for Grizelda, 888 600 8757, she's really nice to speak with. If time wasn't a factor, I would have easily driven to San Leandro for a car. In fact, the $500 over MSRP would have easily provided us with a hotel room and more than ample gas, food, and entertainment expenses.

Scott Robinson Honda added mud guards to the car. We didn't wish to purchase mud guards, especially living in Southern California. They were already installed on the car. This is not a four wheel drive off-road vehicle. Scott Robinson Honda charged us $130 for four pieces of plastic with two screws attaching each mud guard. These take about a couple of minutes a piece to attach. I could have bought this same plastic junk at PepBoys for a third of that price. Who needs mud guards in Southern California on a non off road car? Shame on me for accepting this situation.

We asked for the power package. There seemed to be some misrepresentation of the power package on Basic Fit model. We were told the car had the power package, then afterwards when handed the keys to the car and I noticed no remote entry, was told it would be an extra $300 to add keyless remote while waiting to sign the papers. Any one of the local shops can install a fine keyless entry for half that price. Shame on me for not walking out, howwever, my 86 year old mother needed a car ASAP and I had her with me.

I will never do business with Scott Robinson Honda again, and most likely, as a result of this experience, never buy another Honda. I say this because I have never bought a car that didn't come with floor mats.

This makes my fifth new car purchase in the past 20 months, two Suzukis, 1 Saturn, and 1 Corolla. All previous sales went superbly well, we were treated with dignity and respect. Customer Service was evident, I was treated as NUMBER 1. My needs were the most important and they let me know it. I can't say I received this treatment from the gang at Scott Robinson. Shame on them.

In addition, while working with the finance officer and signing the financial documents, we had to go through that process twice, because I wasn't listed as primary owner/buyer on all the documentation. Before the papers were drawn up, I had specifically made known that requirement that I would be listed as primary on the pink slip, and mother secondary. I reiterated that was the way it had to be. The finance officer said we could change it after it went through, that it didn't matter. I refused this situation and made him prepare the documents a second time, this time properly. We tore up the first set of documents and he properly prepared them the second time. I had to insist three times to get this through to them. Finally, the guy tore up the copies, and prepared them properly, we signed all the re-prepared documents, the second time. And get this, this dealer video records the signing session. Hope they get a gander of themselves.

So, out of a five star rating system, I would give the entire car buying experience and the Scott Robinson Team a one half star. Need I say more? I will never go back to this dealer for service or for any recall warranty work.

I called Honda Corporate Headquarters, only a few miles from my house. They are located in Torrance, CA.. They stated all my problems were dealer issues, they could do nothing. Shame on Corporate Honda.

I can only hope that your Fit doesn't give you a fit in the process of buying it. Perhaps they did get the name of the car straight.
So sorry to hear about your buying experience.

I would suggest in addition to the phone call find out the name of the district manager from Honda that your dealership is located in and write a letter to him/her and copy Honda Corporate Headquarters. Then follow up with phone calls to both.

Also you will probably get a survey from Honda - that will give you a chance to express your problems.

Hope this helps !

Old 08-24-2006, 12:06 AM
Good advice, received the post card, sales satisfaction survey, all answers no except for the car is free of problems. Have directed the dealer to read our forum expressions! A toyota dealer gave me a follow up call and was really interested in my experience. Spoke with Corporate Honda again. Water under the bridge...........