Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Hidy Honda Beavercreek Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 11:50 PM
Thumbs up Hidy Honda Beavercreek Ohio

This was one of the most pleasant experiences buying a car for us. It was also the first time we did this through the internet (using Honda's main website). It was great to be able to get quotes from Honda dealers without having to either pickup a phone or go to the dealership.

I found out via email that Hidy Honda happened to have an unsold VBP Sport Automatic coming in near the end of August. And I could tell that through the email that I was dealing with a straight shooter in Steve Clarke. I sent him a $200 deposit on August 4th. And late this morning I got an email from Steve informing us that the car came in. Wow ! He had them prep the car ahead of others and it was ready when we got to the dealership tonight. Steve went over the owners manual, etc at his desk and then we took a good look at the car. The color was amazing - we made a great choice. We then went back in and in short order the business manager (John Wilkinson) had us in and out with the title and other paperwork. And very low pressure regarding the extras. Steve then took us back out and throughly went over the operation of the car with us.

I drove the car for about 20 miles and then my wife drove it back the rest of the way home (about 65+ miles). She was very pleased with the car and the entire buying process.

If you are in the greater Dayton / Miami Valley area of Ohio, I whole heartly reccomend Hidy Honda and Steve Clarke !

Old 09-17-2006, 07:47 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by onebyone1958
This was one of the most pleasant experiences buying a car for us. It was also the first time we did this through the internet (using Honda's main website). It was great to be able to get quotes from Honda dealers without having to either pickup a phone or go to the dealership.

I found out via email that Hidy Honda happened to have an unsold VBP Sport Automatic coming in near the end of August. And I could tell that through the email that I was dealing with a straight shooter in Steve Clarke. I sent him a $200 deposit on August 4th. And late this morning I got an email from Steve informing us that the car came in. Wow ! He had them prep the car ahead of others and it was ready when we got to the dealership tonight. Steve went over the owners manual, etc at his desk and then we took a good look at the car. The color was amazing - we made a great choice. We then went back in and in short order the business manager (John Wilkinson) had us in and out with the title and other paperwork. And very low pressure regarding the extras. Steve then took us back out and throughly went over the operation of the car with us.

I drove the car for about 20 miles and then my wife drove it back the rest of the way home (about 65+ miles). She was very pleased with the car and the entire buying process.

If you are in the greater Dayton / Miami Valley area of Ohio, I whole heartly reccomend Hidy Honda and Steve Clarke !
Well it was round two for our family at Hidy.

I let our salesman (Steve Clarke) know that my 78 year old father-in-law was in the market for a base Fit. He called me a week ago Saturday to let me know that a FIT Sport Automatic in Silver was available and wanted to know if my father-in-law wanted it. I left a meassge for my father-in-law and he called me back. He wanted to know the difference between the base and the Sport models were (including price) and I told him. Well he said "yes" and I could tell he was very excited. You see this was only the second new car in his life - his last was a 1972 Plymouth Fury. Everyone treated him very well and were very nice and kind to him. When it came time to see his car out front - wow ! They did a super nice job of detailing the car and I had them put in the rubber mats (I learned my lesson from geting the carpeted mats) and a cargo cover. I had my father-in-law pose for a picture and you could tell that he was beyond happy. About the only thing that was missing was one of the most beloved and favorite people on this earth - my mother-in-law who passed away a year ago last August. But I am sure she approved this and was smiling as well ! My wife drove back with him and when I asked him how it drove he said - wow ! So look out for the 78 year old 'hot rodder' in Central Ohio

I can't say enough about Steve and the Business Managers that we dealt with. What a greal place to do business !

Hoepfully I can find more customer to send to Steve !

Last edited by onebyone1958; 09-17-2006 at 11:20 PM.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:34 PM
I had my father-in-law pose for a picture and you could tell that he was beyond happy.
Great story! I can just imagine your father-in-law standing in front the car very proud of himself and his new Fit.

I'm smiling just thinking of it now .

Old 09-17-2006, 11:17 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MarTT
Great story! I can just imagine your father-in-law standing in front the car very proud of himself and his new Fit.

I'm smiling just thinking of it now .

Here is the picture......it is priceless !

Old 09-18-2006, 05:29 AM
That's it! That's what I was thinking! He is so happy and it really shows.

Old 11-18-2006, 09:28 AM
Thumbs up Hidy Honda

Well it was round two for our family at Hidy.

I let our salesman (Steve Clarke) know that my 78 year old father-in-law was in the market for a base Fit. He called me a week ago Saturday to let me know that a FIT Sport Automatic in Silver was available and wanted to know if my father-in-law wanted it. I left a meassge for my father-in-law and he called me back. He wanted to know the difference between the base and the Sport models were (including price) and I told him. Well he said "yes" and I could tell he was very excited. You see this was only the second new car in his life - his last was a 1972 Plymouth Fury. Everyone treated him very well and were very nice and kind to him. When it came time to see his car out front - wow ! They did a super nice job of detailing the car and I had them put in the rubber mats (I learned my lesson from geting the carpeted mats) and a cargo cover. I had my father-in-law pose for a picture and you could tell that he was beyond happy. About the only thing that was missing was one of the most beloved and favorite people on this earth - my mother-in-law who passed away a year ago last August. But I am sure she approved this and was smiling as well ! My wife drove back with him and when I asked him how it drove he said - wow ! So look out for the 78 year old 'hot rodder' in Central Ohio

I can't say enough about Steve and the Business Managers that we dealt with. What a greal place to do business !

Hoepfully I can find more customer to send to Steve !
I have bought 3 Hondas from Hidy from the same salesman Jay.....pout....he retired before I purchased my BO At. I have taken the cars to Hidy for maintance and their Service Dept is top notch also.

Old 11-18-2006, 11:59 AM
I bought mine from Hidy too!

Old 09-02-2007, 02:44 PM
Most of the sales department and finance were great when I went there, but after 3 services visits I'm done with Hidy.

The people are just rude. The complimentary car wash is a joke, it leaves water spots and the bugs on the front of the car and when I tried to wipe off the water spots it left oily streaks all over the car. They have never even attempted to fill out my service history log which comes with the car, I always have to go back into the service department afterwards to get this filled out even when I leave it out on the front seat. The second service visit is a more expensive vistit where they rotate tires and a few other items are checked, when going out to my car the tires weren't rotated. If this had happened to my mom or someone that doesn't pay much attention to their car they would have never known.

My mom bought her accord from Hidy also. After my last visit I was complaining and my mom has the same problems with them. She says they are just as rude and called them a piece of shit, and she rarely curses. She also had a sensor start to malfunction, they charged her around $100 to reset the sensor which malfuntioned again. When she brought it back in to get it fixed again, turns out the sensors had been recalled.

I'm sorry if I'm a tad bitter that I paid around $18,000 to be treated like a dick. You can get a honda from anywhere, what sets a dealer apart is the service department. Hidy's service department sucks.

Old 09-28-2007, 07:12 AM
Well I have been dealing with Hidy for over 20 years and they treat me like a Queen......I don't put up with any crap and they know it. I skip the car wash.

Old 10-01-2007, 10:27 PM
I don't put up with their crap either, thats why they will never touch my car ever again. Seriously if you trust them thats great. I have a serious problem with their service department and would like to share my bad experiences just like you sharing your loyalty to them.

Here's another nice little thing you will find that Hidy does. After you have a service visit they will call you or ask you at the time of the service for an excellent rating. If you answer favorable you will get the letter with the survey to mail back. I never have received one of these surveys due to them calling, I'm always told Hidy has been calling but they call during the day and I work during the day like most people. I'm also sure I will never get another call from them after the message I sent to them via their contact form on their website where I told them where their service department could go. Another close friend that bought a civic from them a year ago had to get something replaced under warranty, they gave her crap service and when they asked her to please give them an excellent rating on the services performed she told them she couldn't and she never got the survey the service department told her she would be getting in the mail.

They are rude, in my case they didn't perform all services I paid for. I caught it and they took care of it, most people would have never known they didn't perform all of the services.

And I see you know all about the "complimentary car wash". They should ask you if you want this or not. Everyone I know hates when they wash their cars, it doesn't remove any bugs you might have and leaves the worst water spots all over the car from the hard water. My car always looked worse than when I went in.

Honda dealers aren't cutting any deals on the Fits. So it pretty much comes down to the service departments and after the sale customer service. From my experience Hidy Honda sucks.