Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Castle Honda/Illinois

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 08:40 AM
Someone that Posts too much
Thumbs down Castle Honda/Illinois

Very dis-honest dealership and i had the worst buying experience.

I'll say this again and directly to dealerships there might be some suckers out there for you to fool but beware because the buying public is getting smarter. ME, i know all your garbage and where it stinks the most, and when i smell it i will walk the other direction.

Old 09-07-2006, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by GoFit
Very dis-honest dealership and i had the worst buying experience.

I'll say this again and directly to dealerships there might be some suckers out there for you to fool but beware because the buying public is getting smarter. ME, i know all your garbage and where it stinks the most, and when i smell it i will walk the other direction.

dude, what happend?
Im from Chi-twn too but I bought my fit at Grand Honda in Elmhurst they were pretty cool.

Old 09-07-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by chucho
dude, what happend?
Im from Chi-twn too but I bought my fit at Grand Honda in Elmhurst they were pretty cool.
It's for my sis-in-law's civic. We got the purchase price we wanted but that's after a lot of BS, waiting on financing to seal the deal. Anyway to sum it up, they were very dishonest, from price quoted, delivery date (car being sold from under us). If not for someone backing out of a deal we wouldn't have been called at all. Only good thing that came out of this is that we're getting our 1st choise in color.

I got my Fit from schaumburg honda, they were front about everything and did not waste any of my time or energy. Was able to get all the added accesories to below cost, and was not charge for installation on any.

Dealerships, WE are not stupid!!!!

Old 09-08-2006, 09:28 AM
you got a sweet deal then from schaumburg honda then....at Elmhurst it was the same thing....no B/S straight to the point but they were pretty stingy on the accesories....but I got the fit i wanted color and everything....I end up adding accesories myself. If you see a Blue fit with a superman riding along the side thats me. keep your eyes open.

Peace YO!

Old 09-08-2006, 01:25 PM
Someone back-out of the Fit i purchase as well, this is when the Fit wasn't as in-demand. I guess they just wanted to move it. About the accesories, i'm sure they made even and only lost the profit they were hoping for or made little to say the least. IMHO, there's no such thing as below cost (just a term). Somewhere, somehow they make somekind of a profit.

I'll be on a look out for you, if you see a crazy asian guy in a milano red with the black tape on the window surround removed revealing more red, that's me.

Old 09-15-2006, 09:24 AM
I have to agree with you GoFit. When I was looking for my FIT, I called Castle Honda and I spoke to one of the salesperson. She told me they have a Silver FIT being unloaded from the truck as we speak. She told me the car was not spoken for and she would hold it if I place a $500 refundable downpayment. So I gave her my charge card number and told her that I would be at the dealer in about 2 hours. When my wife and I arrived at Castle, she told us the vehicle was sold to someone coming down from Denver. She referred us to speak to her manager. My wife and I were fuming since we came up from Aurora (a 50 mile drive with Chicago traffic). I asked the manager why didnt she call my cell phone to inform me that the vehicle is no longer available. She said that she did try calling me...this was completely BS cuz I never received a call from her. I was fuming and the manager had the nerve to tell me to calm down and to lower my voice. I told him to go F himself...His final words to us were "You won't find any FIT around the Chicagoland area"....Two days later, I got my FIT from Grand Honda. No BS from the salesperson...paid MSRP.

Old 09-15-2006, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by FITSutra
I have to agree with you GoFit. When I was looking for my FIT, I called Castle Honda and I spoke to one of the salesperson. She told me they have a Silver FIT being unloaded from the truck as we speak. She told me the car was not spoken for and she would hold it if I place a $500 refundable downpayment. So I gave her my charge card number and told her that I would be at the dealer in about 2 hours. When my wife and I arrived at Castle, she told us the vehicle was sold to someone coming down from Denver. She referred us to speak to her manager. My wife and I were fuming since we came up from Aurora (a 50 mile drive with Chicago traffic). I asked the manager why didnt she call my cell phone to inform me that the vehicle is no longer available. She said that she did try calling me...this was completely BS cuz I never received a call from her. I was fuming and the manager had the nerve to tell me to calm down and to lower my voice. I told him to go F himself...His final words to us were "You won't find any FIT around the Chicagoland area"....Two days later, I got my FIT from Grand Honda. No BS from the salesperson...paid MSRP.
who was your saleman or woman?...I had Bob who helped us out...he was really cool with us at grand honda.

Old 09-18-2006, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by chucho
who was your saleman or woman?...I had Bob who helped us out...he was really cool with us at grand honda.
Sean was my salesman from Grand Honda. He was pretty cool.

Old 01-11-2007, 09:58 AM
I bought my Fit from Castle Honda the day it came out (they received the first black fit allocated to the Chicagoland area) I was going to buy from Muller, they actually had a gray one as a demo car for about 5 days before it was actually released, but I wanted black... That and the salesman was a bit of a jerk (although their perks are the best - Free Pick-up from ANYWHERE if you car EVER breaks down)

They [castle] are definately an "old fashioned" dealer... lots of fast talking and such. I really hate when someone tells me "don't worry about it." When I'm trying to get answers to questions regarding financing.

nonetheless, I had no problem picking up my car (but this was before the rush, april 20th) and getting it out the door....

they even let me bring in my own buyer for my trade-in so I could get the tax-credit for it (they only offered me $4500 and i got it sold for $7000 off the street)

I can't say it has been a "bad" experience, but if you're not prepared to handle their B***S***, you might get a bit irritated.

One last thing, the service there was pretty good. I have brought my car in every month to get it's oil changed and they're prompt and straightforward... they even replaced my clutch pedal cover for free when I wore mine out.

Last edited by barelyinaudible; 01-11-2007 at 11:08 AM.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:31 AM
Thumbs up

I have no idea what you are talking about. I bought mine from them when they only had one instock. Right from the beginning I've let them know that I'm very well aware of all possible tricks and the transaction went smooth and very quick after that. It took me only one & a half hour to complete everything and drive off the lot.