Milwaukee area, anyone? - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Honda Fit Dealer Reviews
or Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Old 03-08-2015, 12:07 PM

Milwaukee area, anyone?

A number or years ago I bought a Civic from David Hobbs Honda in Glendale. I thought I got a pretty good deal from them and liked their service department. My time with that car was cut short, however, when it got into a fight with a Ford F150. You can guess which vehicle won...

I haven't owned a Honda since then, and now that I'm considering a Fit I need to think about where I'll buy and service it. David Hobbs is the closest to home, but I've read some very nasty reviews of the dealership recently. Doesn't line up with my own experiences, but things might have changed in the years since I had my Civic. Anyone in the Milwaukee area have any experiences with dealers - good or bad - that they'd care to share?

Thanks!
Old 03-08-2015, 12:17 PM
5 Year Member

I've had good experiences with Wilde Honda.
Old 03-08-2015, 12:53 PM

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind. I'm on the east side of Milwaukee, so it is a bit of a trek, but I currently go all the way out to Safro Toyota, so it's not a big deal.
Old 03-08-2015, 01:48 PM
5 Year Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Shunner View Post
Thanks! I'll keep that in mind. I'm on the east side of Milwaukee, so it is a bit of a trek, but I currently go all the way out to Safro Toyota, so it's not a big deal.
Oof. That place is the worst. Their prices are nuts.
Old 03-08-2015, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike410b View Post
Oof. That place is the worst. Their prices are nuts.

Fortunately, I haven't needed much beside oil changes and tire rotations. And once the car came out of warranty I started taking it to a little local garage on Oakland Ave.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:58 PM

Visited Hobbs and Boyland over the past weekend. I see both of them add a lot of extra crap to their cars before selling them. Not impressed!
Old 04-20-2015, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Shunner View Post
Fortunately, I haven't needed much beside oil changes and tire rotations. And once the car came out of warranty I started taking it to a little local garage on Oakland Ave.
Riverside, I bet....

Couple years ago, had to take my car to a Honda dealer for service - aftermarket shop couldn't help me. Went to Schlossmann's Honda City on Hwy 100 in West Allis. They gouged me and said too bad. Won't be going back there again.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargainguy View Post
Riverside, I bet....

Couple years ago, had to take my car to a Honda dealer for service - aftermarket shop couldn't help me. Went to Schlossmann's Honda City on Hwy 100 in West Allis. They gouged me and said too bad. Won't be going back there again.

Good to know... and yes, I do go to Riverside Auto. How'd you guess?
Old 04-20-2015, 10:22 PM
5 Year Member

Small local garage on the east side - Riverside seemed a good guess. Other would be the little independent on downer & capitol, can't remember the name offhand.