Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Miami Area Honda Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 06:59 PM
Arrow Miami Area Honda Dealers

So, I started researching my next vehicle purchase in July. I narrowed the search down to either a Scion Xb or Honda Fit. I needed to test drive them to make my final decision. As it turns out, the xB was a very nice looking car, but I was afraid to drive it. No pep, and although I was looking for a fuel efficient car, I drive 70 miles on the highway daily to and from work and needed a car that could merge and pass in Miami's Wild, Wild, East driving enviorment. Nay say on the xB!

Went to Miami Maroone Honda (mid-september), which is where I found out that there were issues with the Honda Fit supply. I pretty much knew what I wanted, but wanted to drive before I buy. My luck, someone I know, knew someone with a Honda Fit Sport AT. I could test drive hers and make my determination. Fell in love the minute I opened the door. And the car drives great. Very fun, the paddle shifters were a nice, gadgety, touch.

Called Maroone back, and asked how soon I could get one, the salesman said he could get one in a couple of weeks, but wouldn't give me specifics. I called Brickell Honda, vauge information. Rick Case, no information. Miami Beach Honda, listed a Silver Sport AT in stock, they had none, although they would be recieving one within the month. Thing is they wanted me to purchase the car up front and take delivery once it arrived. I called my insurance company, and they didn't recommend it. South Motors Honda, gave me the same rap. I was unwilling to hand over an $18,000 check and hope my car made it in one piece.

Largo Honda had a silver sport comming in but someone already had a deposit on it. The salesperson, Ricky Perez, took my name and number and said he would call if that person changed his/her mind.

Maroone, Beach & South Motors continued calling me, but with no car in stock and no real ETA I was starting to look at other cars as an alternative. On October 6th I left town for two weeks on Vacation. I recieved a phone call from Miami Beach Honda while in NYC, they had recieved the Silver Fit I wanted, I was willing to give them a $2000 deposit if they would hold it for 4 days, when I'd be back in Miami. They said they would but wanted to mark-up the car $3000 of MSRP! I didn't want the car that bad. Maroone called me to say they would have an orange sport AT the following week, but I can't see myself driving an orange car. Just not my taste. Flew back to Miami, Beach Honda had sold their FIT, South Motors sold their Fit over MSRP.

The Family and decided to take a road trip to Orlando for 5 days. On our last morning, while packing I recieved the call from Ricky Perez @ Largo Honda. It turns out the guy who had the deposit on the Sliver Sport AT backed out in favor of an Element. I gave the guy a $500 deposit over the phone, and drove from Orando, FL to Key Largo, FL (325 miles) to pick up my fit that afternoon.

Transaction was very easy & smooth. Most of the paper work was drawn up, I test drove the car for 15 minutes, and 30 minutes later I was back on the road on my way home. The price was $16,555 + tax/tag. Came out to $18,100 out the door. Very good experience

Synopsis

Largo Honda A++

Maroone Honda C - Largest dealer Couldn't deliver, although would have sold me the car for MSRP.

Miami Beach Honda D- Tried to take advantage of me by selling vehicle @ $3000 over MSRP.

South Motors Honda D- Refused to take a deposit on car. Instead wanted to sell me the car with out a solid delivery date and wanted to charge me over MSRP.

That's All Folks!

Javi

Old 04-25-2016, 03:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jdlopez
So, I started researching my next vehicle purchase in July. I narrowed the search down to either a Scion Xb or Honda Fit. I needed to test drive them to make my final decision. As it turns out, the xB was a very nice looking car, but I was afraid to drive it. No pep, and although I was looking for a fuel efficient car, I drive 70 miles on the highway daily to and from work and needed a car that could merge and pass in Miami's Wild, Wild, East driving enviorment. Nay say on the xB!

Went to Miami Maroone Honda (mid-september), which is where I found out that there were issues with the Honda Fit supply. I pretty much knew what I wanted, but wanted to drive before I buy. My luck, someone I know, knew someone with a Honda Fit Sport AT. I could test drive hers and make my determination. Fell in love the minute I opened the door. And the car drives great. Very fun, the paddle shifters were a nice, gadgety, touch.

Called Maroone back, and asked how soon I could get one, the salesman said he could get one in a couple of weeks, but wouldn't give me specifics. I called Brickell Honda, vauge information. Rick Case, no information. Miami Beach Honda, listed a Silver Sport AT in stock, they had none, although they would be recieving one within the month. Thing is they wanted me to purchase the car up front and take delivery once it arrived. I called my insurance company, and they didn't recommend it. South Motors Honda, gave me the same rap. I was unwilling to hand over an $18,000 check and hope my car made it in one piece.

Largo Honda had a silver sport comming in but someone already had a deposit on it. The salesperson, Ricky Perez, took my name and number and said he would call if that person changed his/her mind.

Maroone, Beach & South Motors continued calling me, but with no car in stock and no real ETA I was starting to look at other cars as an alternative. On October 6th I left town for two weeks on Vacation. I recieved a phone call from Miami Beach Honda while in NYC, they had recieved the Silver Fit I wanted, I was willing to give them a $2000 deposit if they would hold it for 4 days, when I'd be back in Miami. They said they would but wanted to mark-up the car $3000 of MSRP! I didn't want the car that bad. Maroone called me to say they would have an orange sport AT the following week, but I can't see myself driving an orange car. Just not my taste. Flew back to Miami, Beach Honda had sold their FIT, South Motors sold their Fit over MSRP.

The Family and decided to take a road trip to Orlando for 5 days. On our last morning, while packing I recieved the call from Ricky Perez @ Largo Honda. It turns out the guy who had the deposit on the Sliver Sport AT backed out in favor of an Element. I gave the guy a $500 deposit over the phone, and drove from Orando, FL to Key Largo, FL (325 miles) to pick up my fit that afternoon.

Transaction was very easy & smooth. Most of the paper work was drawn up, I test drove the car for 15 minutes, and 30 minutes later I was back on the road on my way home. The price was $16,555 + tax/tag. Came out to $18,100 out the door. Very good experience

Synopsis

Largo Honda A++

Maroone Honda C - Largest dealer Couldn't deliver, although would have sold me the car for MSRP.

Miami Beach Honda D- Tried to take advantage of me by selling vehicle @ $3000 over MSRP.

South Motors Honda D- Refused to take a deposit on car. Instead wanted to sell me the car with out a solid delivery date and wanted to charge me over MSRP.

That's All Folks!

Javi
Beware of Brickell Honda and Aventura Honda, they are con artist to the max, don't even try it or you will soon be hustled and taken till you are left crying. South Honda, be carefull as they lied to my face and I got taken. I went to buy a new 1997 Honda Accord and I had them on the price, had Special Edition and had them add the wing all for the price of regular Accord but then they convince me to lease it and I ended up paying all kinds of hidden fees and costs and worse got charged almost $1000 at the end of the lease when I returned it(It was in the mound of paperwork and I didn't catch it till I was signing and the salesman 'guarranteed me' I would never have to pay those charges).

Rick Case Honda and Braman Honda have good inventories but salesman are 'slick' need to hold on to your wallet or you will be taken, and then some. Hollywood Honda has a large inventory but they are hard ball when it comes to prices so you have to pay what they ask and not a penny less, so not much sense of going there unless you have money to waste. Hendrick Honda, Delray Honda and Largo Honda have good prices but a bit of a drive north/south of Miami but is worth it. Braman Palmbeach Honda and Ed Norse Honda and Coral Springs Honda are also a bit far and don't seem to have any real deals or good prices.

Maroone Honda I jawed a Honda Passport off of them at great price with all the bells and whistles and they never knew what hit them, and they are now AutoNation Honda - AutoNationHondaMiamiLakes.com‎

Old 05-03-2016, 09:50 PM
How are the service departments of these Miami/South Florida Honda dealerships? I am moving to the Miami area in July or August. I'm post-warranty so it doesn't have to be a Honda service department - if anyone has a great car mechanic in that area I'd be grateful for the information.

Old 05-05-2016, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by rockawayrose
How are the service departments of these Miami/South Florida Honda dealerships? I am moving to the Miami area in July or August. I'm post-warranty so it doesn't have to be a Honda service department - if anyone has a great car mechanic in that area I'd be grateful for the information.
If under warranty you can take it to the Honda dealer and the service departments are adequate, but you have to go to the larger dealers as the downtown dealers have small service areas and will have to wait for quite a bit, or even set an appointment way ahead.

If out of warranty work, take it to JapTech, the one in South Miami is tops, they will go the extra mile and they are up on the latest bulletins and recalls. Never had to worry leaving our Hondas with them..

Old 06-13-2016, 10:18 PM
5 Year Member
My family has been Honda owners for awhile (Accord, S2000, and two Fits). I live down the street from South Motors but only actually bought one Fit and a Passat (years ago) from there. The experience was normal of what you'd expect from a dealership in terms of sales (bought what was available on the lot for a pretty decent deal). I'm usually wary when I enter a dealership, so maybe my experience differs from others.

As for service, many people from the S2ki forum stated that Rick Case's service center was one of the better ones. I haven't been there as it's far from me, but if it's in your area, it might be a good idea to check them out. I went to Braman once and received horrible service; won't be going back there. Typically now, I go to South Motors since it's closest to me and I haven't had any "bad" service, but it hasn't been exceptional either. Some of the guys don't seem like they should be working there (one service guy asked me if what kind of car I had when the car was parked in front of him and he saw me get out of it...if he didn't know what a Fit was then I'm not sure what he's doing there). Another service guy was really friendly, however, last week, I took my Fit there for a service bulletin and I kept getting the door ajar light flashing on my dash and the door locks locking and unlocking while I was driving. They said they fixed it, but the next day the issue happened again briefly although hasn't happened again since. So I'll be keeping my eye on it and I might be back there. My Fit is still under warranty for another 2 years.

Old 07-22-2016, 02:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by arcadence
My family has been Honda owners for awhile (Accord, S2000, and two Fits). I live down the street from South Motors but only actually bought one Fit and a Passat (years ago) from there. The experience was normal of what you'd expect from a dealership in terms of sales (bought what was available on the lot for a pretty decent deal). I'm usually wary when I enter a dealership, so maybe my experience differs from others.

As for service, many people from the S2ki forum stated that Rick Case's service center was one of the better ones. I haven't been there as it's far from me, but if it's in your area, it might be a good idea to check them out. I went to Braman once and received horrible service; won't be going back there. Typically now, I go to South Motors since it's closest to me and I haven't had any "bad" service, but it hasn't been exceptional either. Some of the guys don't seem like they should be working there (one service guy asked me if what kind of car I had when the car was parked in front of him and he saw me get out of it...if he didn't know what a Fit was then I'm not sure what he's doing there). Another service guy was really friendly, however, last week, I took my Fit there for a service bulletin and I kept getting the door ajar light flashing on my dash and the door locks locking and unlocking while I was driving. They said they fixed it, but the next day the issue happened again briefly although hasn't happened again since. So I'll be keeping my eye on it and I might be back there. My Fit is still under warranty for another 2 years.
Yeah, Rick Case and maybe Autonation Honda in Miami Lakes are probably the best in the area and South Honda is ok.