Any other Kansas City fit owners here?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 10:59 AM
Any other Kansas City fit owners here?

I got my white Fit on Saturday. I was wondering if there are any other Kansas City area Fit owners here. I've only seen a couple around town and they're hard to find at a dealership.

Matt

Here's the new car:

Old 08-01-2006, 01:12 PM
Fit owner

In Springfield - not the KC area. I've order a red, auto, sport FIT to be here in October. Your white one is really pretty, too. I've seen two in town, and one at the dealers.

Old 08-01-2006, 01:40 PM
I love the red ones too. I saw a silver sport on the way to work yesterday. That's the first I've seen while driving mine. I've only seen two others in KC so far.

Old 08-01-2006, 03:48 PM
How do you like it so far????

Old 08-02-2006, 10:58 AM
We love it. It really makes driving our Sienna seem terrible. I'm still breaking it in so I haven't had a chance to really push it yet. It won't be long now though.

I've been reading those threads on the paint chipping at the bumpers. I really hope that doesn't happen to mine...

Old 08-02-2006, 01:26 PM
I'm glad to hear you like to drive it. I think I saw a Ford Focus today, but I couldn't tell. I know it wasn't the Honda emblem. (went by too fast) I went to the Ford site and 'built' a comparable Focus, which came to over $17,000 then a discount, so back to about $16,500.

We had a 1988 Accord with NO problems - 10 years. Then got 1998 CR-V - still NO problems. Not with the body or the mechanics. Now my son is getting the CR-V so I "need" a new car. With so much good about the Hondas we've had, I also have seen about the paint, so I wrote to my dealer(Don Wessel Honda in Springfield). I'll try to clip in the emails here (kinda long):

My email to them:

Well, I’ve visited FitFreak and found out some things…good and bad.

There is a thread "paint peeling from front bumper" that is not very encouraging. I’m sure you’ve run across it or others like it. I also found something similar in another forum on Edmunds.

So, what’s up with that??? Especially since mine is red. What do you expect to happen? I certainly don’t want to pay extra for a paint warranty if there is a flaw in either the paint or the application (lack of primer, perhaps?). That should be fixed by Honda.

What about fading as well as chipping or peeling? What is your take on this? What will Don Wessel do to stand behind this?

email reply from the dealer:

Hello,
I haven't had any problems yet. I drive mine about 20 each way back and forth to work. If a paint defect occurs from Honda's end they would take care of it. All Hondas have a 4 step paint process with clear coat over the paint. I think the paint is fine on mine.
I have been reading this site for most the year and you have to filter out alot of stuff and take most of it lightly. Everyone can post there opinion but this is only a small amount of the total owners out there.

me again here:

So, I guess that's kind of a non-reply. Our other two were perfect the whole 18 years we've had them, so I hope they can paint as well in Japan as they can in Ohio!!!

Old 08-18-2006, 10:20 AM
5 Year Member
I'm in Wichita, kinda far from KC but its the closest thread to me. I have a VBP Sport AT. I've had it for about a month and I absolutely love it. I haven't seen too many Fits around Wichita but I saw three in one day on a trip to Manhattan, KS. I occasionally make trips to KC but haven't been there since I got my Fit. I haven't seen a red one in person yet so I'll be looking for yours in KC in October.

Old 08-21-2006, 11:52 AM
Cool. I hope you don't get any paint issues. I'm very excited. My dealer "asked for" a RED FIT this past Friday. He told me about the allocations, and the limitations, and such. I don't think it's a line, I think it's true. I considered the blue, but I never saw one in real life. I parked next to a red one back in July, and since I liked that one I ordered red. I saw a black one in real like...didn't like it so much.

Old 08-23-2006, 03:48 PM
5 Year Member
I hope I don't have any paint issues either. I am so paranoid about it now. I check everyday and so far so good. I'm keeping my fingers crossed hoping it doesn't happen to me. Keep this thread posted on any info you get about when your Fit is arriving, being build, purchased, etc. As for my blue, I really like it because it has this metallic sparkle to it in the sun and it looks great. Almost chameleon like in the right light.

Old 08-31-2006, 12:31 PM
I hope I see a blue one soon. I saw an Orange Blaze one up close!! It was really pretty. Not as bright as the Element, more like a cinnamon or nutmeg. I liked it. It was matte, not metallic like yours. I think the red is matte.

My dealer had requested mine, which should be here late October. THEN he let me know that Honda is sending them 40 EXTRA cars in EARLY October and one RED FIT is in that shipment!!! So, I may get it a few weeks early!!! YAY!

How's the paint???????

Old 09-01-2006, 09:59 AM
5 Year Member
Thats good news that you may get yours early. I got mine a month and a half earlier than I was expecting. I was so excited when it came in. You will love it. The paint is still looking good, as far as the peeling goes. But I got my first door ding last week and that really bummed me out. I also have noticed little chips in the paint low on the front bumper so I may have to get touch-up paint from the dealer this weekend. I hope that will be the extent of my paint issues (knock on wood). Good luck getting the Fit early and let us know when you get it. Its always exciting!

Old 09-01-2006, 10:19 AM
Bummer about the door ding. I hope it's small. Our Honda CR-V was delivered new with a little ding. I shouldn't have let it stay that way, but I didn't want to hassle with it.

I've run across some advice - on this site and other sites - about touching up your paint. Do a little google research before you start. One thing I remember is to use a toothpick instead of a little brush. You dab it on the blemish and kinda push it out to the edges.

Only a month away now - Little Red Riding Fit....come to Mama!!!!!!!

Old 09-19-2006, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member
I finally saw a red Fit the other day right as I was arriving at my house, it was going in the opposite direction. Looked good. But i still like the blue better Hope yours is still on time. It's getting close, I bet you are getting anxious!

Old 09-20-2006, 09:43 AM
Yes, I AM getting anxious!! Haven't heard back from the dealer. Still hoping it's early October like he thought, and not the last part.

Have you gotten your windows tinted? I think I will do a medium tint for the back and rear windows. Mostly for privacy since there is no trunk to hide shopping packages. Did you get any accessories?

What was your perception of the red? Tomato? Cherry? I swear, it's been so long (July) since I parked by the red one I can't remember anymore. I guess I'll just be surprised when I get it!!

I saw a Storm Silver in town the other day. First one!! I know there's a red one somewhere because the dealer told me he had sold one in a previous shipment. I still don't know of a blue one. I bet the metallic really does look nice. If I had seen a blue one.... And, funny thing, I really don't like white cars, but I have liked the photos of white Fits on this site. go figure!! I saw an OBM up close...really nice color I think. Sort of a toned down cinnamon - nutmeg, not as orange as the Element (maybe I said that earlier).

Old 09-20-2006, 09:50 AM
Oh, yeah. How about your paint touch up?? how did it go?

(now I'm not making any sense. OBM has Metallic right in the name, but it seemed matte to me. Maybe it was cloudy that day??)

Old 09-20-2006, 10:31 AM
5 Year Member
Unfortunately I haven't gotten my windows tinted yet. There is less of an urge now that the temperature has cooled off and it doesn't get hot inside yet. That was the main reason I wanted tint. For privacy in the back I was going to get the cargo cover as well as the tint. The only accessories I have right now are the all-weather floor mats and an armrest that I got off eBay. Both work great. I plan on getting the cargo mat and aformentioned cargo cover and maybe some door sill strips.

The red was more of a candy apple red mixed with a bright cherry. Wasn't too dark or too pink. Bright, but not overpowering. I think you will like it a lot. It was probably my second choice if I had to make one.

I went to the dealer to get the touch-up paint about 2 weeks ago and they had to special order it so it should be here this week. Once I get it I'll let you know. I may even take a few before/after pics and post them if I can figure it out. Still haven't seen an OBM yet.

Old 09-28-2006, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the 'red' report. I STILL have not seen a blue. Silver, Black, Orange, and the Red I can't remember very well; no blue or white.

Has your paint come in? Have you googled some sites on 'touch up paint auto'? Which arm rest did you get? "Set in" or "Bolt in"?? I'm thinking I would like one.

I ordered my Floor Mats (carpet) online from H and A. With shipping $79. Locally they are $128. I told my dealer that I would buy them cheaper online, but they held their price. Seems odd to me. $85 would have kept me here.

Have you posted pics yet?????

Old 09-28-2006, 03:07 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, my paint finally came in but I haven't had enough free time to wash the car and paint it yet. I'm hoping maybe this Friday I'll have time after work. When I do that I'll try to remember to take pics of it before and after, but we'll see. For sure an after though.

I did get an armrest from eBay and it is the kind that sits in the cup holder and comes with 4 screws for attachment. I didn't use the screws because I don't like putting holes in my car. I just put enough stuff inside of it to make it heavy enough to stay still and not rattle. It was shipped from Hong Kong. Works well and I'm glad I have it.

Yeah the dealer prices are horrible and they charge for installation. It took about 15 min to install so it's really not worth it and it's really easy. I only installed the front hooks because the backseat mats rarely get used and have nowhere to slide to.

Seeing more Fits here. Saw 2 in one weekend: one white on the road and parked near a BOM at dinner one night. I think I have seen 5 in town since I got mine in late July.

Old 09-28-2006, 09:51 PM
We're in KC as well. Live on the MO side, work on the KS side (Olathe). I've only seen two fits on the road besided mine....one white one, and one in Denver (base model, Lunar Mist).

Old 09-29-2006, 10:19 AM
5 Year Member
What type of Fit do you have? How long have you had it? Any add-ons?

Quick Reply: Any other Kansas City fit owners here?