Merchant Group Buys and New Product Sales This area is for private individuals or small merchants to list NEW Products For Sale or to Organize Group Buys. Unlike "FIT VENDORS" on the forum, the staff of FITFREAK does not perform any background checks on individuals listing product offerings in this sub-forum. Payment is required in order to list your product in this sub-forum. CLICK HERE for payment details and instant Thread Posting access to this sub-forum.

Headlight Armor Lighting Protection and Smoked Taillight Kits Available

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome to September!

Newest Facebook Cover Shot - Camaro5 Member gets the nod! Great Shot.

Have a great shot you would like to share? Click here for more

Hope everybody is having a great Holiday Weekend!
May your cookout's be sunny and dry

Old 09-01-2012, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kehorevinly
after going through these lights I found yes these are somewhat different from others and look sturdy too.. but i just want to make sure are these available at cost-effective prices or the charges are a bit higher than others?
Not exactly sure what you are asking? The cost replacing damaged lights is quite high, and the lighting protection kits are reasonably priced.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
Hope everybody had a great holiday weekend! For those of you who placed orders over the weekend, thanks! We are busy processing the orders and all should ship by tomorrow (Wednesday) so all of you who are domestic should have your orders by Saturday. :thumbup:

Old 09-08-2012, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member
Latest install shot: 2012 Volkswagen GTI has our Headlight Armor Clear Headlight Protection Kit and our GT Yellow Fog Light Protection Kit installed. The owner wanted clear for the headlights for protection from the inevitable sand blasting while maintaining the stock look of the headlights, and also wanted to protect the fog lights but chose GT Yellow for a nice color pop on top of the protection factor.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member
Hey Greg...

Do you have anything available for 11-12 WRX Tails ?

Lots of people are putting red vinyl film on and leaving only the turn and reverse open like such...

Name:  wrxhatchoverlays.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  76.5 KB

I know I'm not talented enough to install.

Ideas?

Old 09-11-2012, 11:17 AM
5 Year Member
Unfortunately we do not have anything available for the 08-12 Impreza /WRX taillights. The outer section has a large compound curve making fitting our material problematic.

The photo you linked to (along with the rest of the ebay overlays) are ~ half as thick as a sheet of paper. Most use a material designed for the inside of flat signs. All but a couple of these we have see locally (we do installs at a major shop that specializes in Subaru's) the top edge is peeling up. The look good from a distance but up close not so much. Wish there was a better way as most hate the taillights...

Old 09-12-2012, 10:37 AM
5 Year Member
Old 09-16-2012, 01:50 AM
5 Year Member
by any chance a discount if i buy the headlight and the fog protection
for a 2011 sport

Old 09-16-2012, 11:20 AM
5 Year Member
We have free domestic shipping on orders over $75 in addition to our everyday discounted prices.

Old 09-21-2012, 02:09 PM
5 Year Member
Our site hosting company is moving our site tonight to a new data center (hopefully this will mean better site performance and quicker load times...) starting around 10PM Eastern Time. The will likely have some down time overnight, plus some time for the DNS servers to populate the new ip address. The overall impact should be minimal, but wanted everybody to know ahead of time of potential issues with the site overnight. Have a great weekend!

Old 09-22-2012, 11:07 AM
5 Year Member
Update on the site move: Our hosting company (Network Solutions) looks like they did get the site moved, though it does look like it was offline for nearly 5 hours overnight…. The site is working now, though moving very slow at the moment. Tech support is working to resolve the issue. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Old 09-22-2012, 02:05 PM
5 Year Member
Looks like the techs have things sorted now. Site is running about as fast as I have seen it! Sorry for the performance issues earlier. Hope the rest of the weekend goes smoothly

Old 09-22-2012, 02:29 PM
One question for you guys:
The headlights on my '07 Fit Sport are mildly oxidized and hazy. If i have them cleaned and restored or do it right at home and immediately apply a set of Headlight Armor, would this keep them from oxidizing/hazing in the future?

Thanks in advance and i love you guys' work. Cheers

EDIT: I have stock halogen bulbs, no HIDs.

Old 09-22-2012, 03:18 PM
5 Year Member
You should be fine as long as the deterioration is on the outside of the lens. Once you sand off whatever remaining UV hard coat was on the lens you need to cover them, or you will continually need to polish them. Once applied we do recommend regular applications of a vinyl protectant to keep the in good shape and further the UV resistance. Hope that helps. let me know if you have any other questions.

Old 09-22-2012, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by HeadlightArmor
You should be fine as long as the deterioration is on the outside of the lens. Once you sand off whatever remaining UV hard coat was on the lens you need to cover them, or you will continually need to polish them. Once applied we do recommend regular applications of a vinyl protectant to keep the in good shape and further the UV resistance. Hope that helps. let me know if you have any other questions.
So the order should be wet-sanding the oxidized plastic off, then applying your Headlight Armor, then regular application of a protective layer to the vinyl after application?

You have been a great help, you don't know how confused i became after trying to research online ha-ha.
Cheers

Old 09-22-2012, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member
You have it! Glad to be of help.

Old 09-22-2012, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by HeadlightArmor
You have it! Glad to be of help.
That's great, thanks a lot. And do you guys also sell the vinyl-protective solution, or have any recommendations? I will definitely look into this and really appreciate your help.

Cheers.

Old 09-22-2012, 03:41 PM
5 Year Member
we like "303 Aerospace Protectant" widely available at car parts places / marine supply / hardware stores etc. we do not sell it as shipping liquids is problematic, plus the protectants are widely available, and you may or may not already have something that would do the job in your car care supply stash.

Old 09-22-2012, 03:42 PM
I understand, i will look for something. Still, you have been a big help.

Cheers.

Old 09-28-2012, 01:24 PM
5 Year Member
In the greater Dallas Texas Area?

COBB Tuning Plano holds a monthly car enthusiast meet on the first Thrusday of each month.

COBB Tuning of Plano
1200 Placid Ave STE 550
Plano, TX

Google Map

If you are in the area and a car enthusiast you are always welcome, no matter what you drive!

We have a special in conjunction with the event: 10% everything on the site plus free delivery to the event!

On page 2 of the checkout enter code : firstthursday and click apply. This gives 10% off your order. Then enter code: cobbpickup and apply. This will give free delivery to the event as well! Orders will be accepted now through 4PM on Thursday October 4th for delivery to the meet.

Let us know if you have any questions, and see you at the event if you are going!

Quick Reply: Headlight Armor Lighting Protection and Smoked Taillight Kits Available