Merchant Group Buys and New Product Sales This area is for private individuals or small merchants to list NEW Products For Sale or to Organize Group Buys. Unlike "FIT VENDORS" on the forum, the staff of FITFREAK does not perform any background checks on individuals listing product offerings in this sub-forum. Payment is required in order to list your product in this sub-forum. CLICK HERE for payment details and instant Thread Posting access to this sub-forum.

3D Textured Carbon Fiber Wrap Now Available From Headlight Armor - Free Samples

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 11:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HeadlightArmor
Questions emailed this week. Generally speaking your best best is to measure what you want to cover and see how it fits into the larger rolls we offer.
Or just do like me and order waaaaay more than you need!

Order should be in tomorrow! Can't wait for saturday so I can get started on this bad boy!

Old 11-19-2011, 11:31 AM
5 Year Member
Holiday Hours: Next week our production will be closed Wednesday - Friday for the Thanksgiving holiday. Orders received while production is closed will ship Monday the 28th -Wednesday the 30th.

We will be available via PM or email during the Holiday weekend if you have any questions about the products.

Old 11-24-2011, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member
Happy Thanksgiving one and all! Hope everybody is enjoying a relaxing day!

Old 12-02-2011, 10:43 AM
5 Year Member
Post Additional Carbon Fiber Wrap Photos from Headlight Armor

Some additional photos of the Carbon Fiber Wrap Installed.

Let me know if you have any questions about the wrap.

Old 12-02-2011, 11:20 PM
5 Year Member
Just got my free sample and WOW! I'm definitely considering buying this for my cellphone and my car lol.

Old 12-03-2011, 06:38 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jamy
Or just do like me and order waaaaay more than you need!

Order should be in tomorrow! Can't wait for saturday so I can get started on this bad boy!
How did your projects turn out?

Originally Posted by j1nNju1c3
Just got my free sample and WOW! I'm definitely considering buying this for my cellphone and my car lol.
Glad you liked it! Showd the material off at a local GTG last week, most who saw and felt it were in love

Old 12-06-2011, 10:41 AM
5 Year Member
Post Holiday Shipping Cut-off's from HeadlightArmor

We have had a few emails this week about how late you can place an order and still get the order before Christmas.

International Orders - Last day to place order by 2PM Central US Time:
  • Economy Shipping - Sunday December 11th
  • Express Mail - Friday December 16th

Domestic Orders - Last day to place order by 2PM Central US Time:
  • Economy Shipping - Friday December 16th
  • Priority Mail - Tuesday December 20th
  • Express Mail - Thursday December 22nd

Old 12-06-2011, 10:51 AM
5 Year Member
Hey...I'm in the Dallas area and was wondering how much you guys would charge to do the roof of a GE Fit?

Thanks...
I have your foglight film and I love it!

Old 12-06-2011, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member
Post Carbon Roof Wrap for the Honda Fit

The material to do a Carbon Roof Wrap on the Fit (54 x 84) in on the site here @ $141.58 + Tax in TX. If you would like to have it installed I can PM you some additional information.

We are planning on offering some discounts on larger product installations early in January. Details have not been fully worked out, but we expect we will have everything put together after the holidays.

Btrthnezr3, looked through your progress thread, nice work! I think the wrap would go well!

Old 12-06-2011, 05:02 PM
5 Year Member
Does anyone know the recommended application temps? It's 47 here but I was hoping to be able to wrap a couple of pieces on the car. Am I going to need to wait for it to warm up?

Edit: Found it on the HeXiS website. "Recommended minimum application temperature: +18 °C (64 °F). Apply preferably between 20 °C and 25 °C (68 °F and 77 °F)."

Last edited by Jamy; 12-06-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
From the instruction sheet:
The ideal application temperature is between 18 and 25°C / 64 and 77°F (preferably between 20° and 25°C / 68 and 77°F) and must be respected equally for both the ambient and the substrate temperatures.
For smaller items and interior pieces removing them and doing them inside is usually easier. If doing a larger exterior where removal is impractical or not desired keeping a min 64 F is desired. Keep in mind this is for both the air temp and the surface you are applying it to. You can pre warm the surface slowly with a hair dryer, heat gun or portable heater, just do not go crazy with it

For the Fuel door and MINI headlight / taillight bezels all were first removed from the vehicle and the material applied inside as the outside temp was well below 64 ( and the installation was easier removed.)

Last winter we did have an intrepid Camaro owner wrap his emblems outside in NYC in the winter with a long extension cord, hair dryer and a helper to keep everything warm.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Old 12-07-2011, 10:36 AM
5 Year Member
Post Price Drop 6" wide Carbon Fiber Wrap from Headlight Armor

New batch of 6" wide material is in with even better pricing!

6" x 72" rolls just 13.95!

What do you want to wrap? Two people asked this week about wrapping some trim on their big screen TV!

Old 12-07-2011, 01:57 PM
5 Year Member
Sounds like that would be perfect to wrap some side skirts. Too bad I don't have them on the base

Old 12-07-2011, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jamy
Sounds like that would be perfect to wrap some side skirts. Too bad I don't have them on the base
Sounds like a great idea! Thanks for sharing

Old 12-07-2011, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
Sounds like a good size for the rear hatch garnish as well!

I am about 90% positive that I will be applying my HEXIS CF Vinyl to my roof in the coming weeks because I bought a Roof Rack and not only will it look cool but it will help protect my roof from my snowboard bindings and snow and dirt falling off of my board after a long day riding

I know its ideal to apply this stuff with warmer temperatures but as long as my car is in a garage while im doing it, it shouldn't be an issue right? I have a heat gun btw.

Old 12-07-2011, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member
A garage would likely work, especially with a space heater and some help. Warming the area, in your case the roof before hand is going to be necessary. Ideally you want the air and surface above 64 F, especially if you are going to do an area with a big stretch as you do not want to tear the material stretching it when it is too cold. Hope that helps.

Old 12-11-2011, 03:08 PM
5 Year Member
Post International Economy Shipping Cut Off

For all our international customers today Sunday December 11th is likely the last day to get your order in with us for delivery before Christmas. Delivery times will vary, so best to get your order in early. Economy international orders are insured, but tracking will not be available.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Old 12-16-2011, 09:40 AM
5 Year Member
Friday is here and the clock is ticking. Today is the last day for all International Express orders to be placed for delivery in time for Christmas to most locations. Today is also the last day for you domestic USA folks to enjoy free economy shipping and still get your order by Christmas.

Old 12-19-2011, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
For all the last minute shoppers out there, the clock is ticking. You might be able to get your order delivered by the 24th if you order by noon on the 20th and select Priority Mail, but if the order is time critical, Express Mail is the only way that USPS Guarantees delivery by the 24th. All Express orders must be in by 2PM on the 22nd.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member
Merry Christmas from Headlight Armor! After a week of long nights and early days we are happy to report all ordered received by 4:30 12/23/2011 shipped before the Christmas break! Hope everybody has a great holiday weekend! Holiday weekend orders will begin shipping on Tuesday as Monday is a postal holiday.

Quick Reply: 3D Textured Carbon Fiber Wrap Now Available From Headlight Armor - Free Samples