Seeking fit for sale in MD or general Mid-Atlantic area

Old 09-25-2014, 12:30 AM
5 Year Member
Seeking fit for sale in MD or general Mid-Atlantic area

Greetings,

My sister is possibly looking to buy a used fit shortly, either from a dealership and/or private seller. Price range 9k-13k, maybe a little more if necessary. Obviously this most likely covers GE range fits. She is in the Baltimore area, so closer to there is better. However, she has family in the Philadelphia and South NJ area so the other states such as DE, PA, NJ, possibly also VA & DC are good.

Any leads are welcome and appreciated. Thanks.

Old 09-25-2014, 07:17 AM
5 Year Member
interestingstuff: keep searching craigslist each and every day. You'll find your vehicle there, especially as more people go to by a GK. Just remember, dealers hire trollers to grab these cars on the same day they are posted so the dealer can mark them up $3500. When you find one on craigslist, call quickly and establish a bond with the owner. Most owners have already been insulted by low ball offers from the dealer and are in no mood to see their car listed for $3500 higher than what they were offered when they tried to trade it in. The owner would rather sell to a person who they "know" will take care of "their car" into the future. One other point: many owners think that once they do a search on cars.com, they now have the true selling price for their car. The research they are doing is of cars that are already overinflated in price by the dealer. The private seller mistakenly thinks that is what they should ask for their car. You'll have to gently remind them of reality by asking them if they have taken their car in for an offer from a dealer or CarMax. That will give you the leverage you need to bring the price back down to a reasonable one.

Old 09-26-2014, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the tip. I don't know if she can troll CL enough.. although I do see a decent one on there. She also *might* need to finance so she either has to go through a dealership, or figure out how to do that with a private sale. Thankfully she still has her pre-existing vehicle so she has some time to work on it.. at least until it dies.

Old 11-11-2014, 05:51 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks. I wound up finding her a Fit on CL much better than mine!

She got a 2011 Sport Navi with low miles and a great price.

Old 11-11-2014, 08:23 PM
5 Year Member
Glad to hear it interestingstuff. The person I helped find a Fit for is also thrilled with the one I found on craigslist some 3 hours driving distance away. The owner actually drove it all the way up to her area and she paid their train ticket home. She is now the proud owner of a 2009 Sport. Cheers.

Old 11-12-2014, 03:18 PM
5 Year Member
This one was great and it was mis-listed in the wrong category! So people searching only the automotive category didn't see it! So it sat on craigslist with few bites for over a month!