Looking for extra rims. Shoulda seen what I saw last night.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 09:07 AM
5 Year Member
Looking for extra rims. Shoulda seen what I saw last night.

So I've been looking on Craigslist for another set of sport rims, and checking the local junk car lot. Nothing yet. I missed a set of sport rims and tires and a set of HFP rims and tires on Craigslist, but last night I went to Revere to maybe purchase a set of sport rims with Falken tires.

He said they were on a 2000 Civic, and he was rear-ended, and the car totaled.

The guy said that only one had any curb rash, and the rest were in good condition, but he didn't have pics up on C'list. Made the trek down from Methuen, and it wasn't quite as advertized. I'm thinking he more got turned around, because three out of four had major curb rash, and two had black spraypaint overspray, like he was trying to spraypaint his drum brakes with the wheels on. Reminded me of the classic post from "The Car Lounge" that went "I hit a crub, two fents, four brik, some burshes and a trash can".

Didn't buy them, and later on it dawned on me that if the wheels are that bad, then depending on how much sliding he had done, his tires are probably all flat-spotted. That would've been great to get those on my car and then feel wump-wump-wump as I drove along.

Anyway, does anyone know what steelie has the same width and offset as the '07-'08 Sport rims, or what will work? I have Michelin Ice X tires on my originals right now (which worked brilliantly this winter), but I need a second set of rims and summer tires now. My thinking was to get a second set of sport rims with good rubber left, but now I'm thinking of finding steelies and swapping the winters to those, and getting new tires for the Sport rims.

Any thoughts or ideas?

I know, almost a wall o' text, but thanks for reading. Any help is appreciated.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:41 AM
5 Year Member
I never see fit sport wheels around craigslist. Always love to see painted drums. They seemed to be a highly sought after wheel, esp with the civic kids. You could always go aftermarket for the summer, thats what i do.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:15 AM
5 Year Member
Yea, there was a rash of robberies of Fit rims in the Lowell/Lawrence area a couple of years ago. When we bought our house 5 years ago, a garage was a MUST (and I have the Honda locks on them - Rockingham Honda includes a set with every car they sell that has alloys). I see several crapped-out Civics on a regular basis that have Fit rims. I'm a car guy through and through, but if I were a cop I think even I would pull them over and ask to see receipts. J/K.

For the future, I definitely want to go aftermarket. Yesterday I saw the white Mugen XJ for the first time on this site, and I HAVE to have those, but not right now. Not in the budget.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:25 AM
5 Year Member
the cops do that in hartford bc people were stealing tl type-s wheels, you got pulled over without a reciept you were screwed. New wheels weren't in my budget, but i figured that if i didn't just do it now, i never would.

I would keep an on out on craigslist and ebay, might be able to find a good deal. Going through the dealer is out of the question.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:05 AM
5 Year Member
Your car looks good in your sig. Do you have a picture trail up in pics and vids?

Old 04-23-2010, 11:19 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks. yeah its called "new rims" and "new camera, new pics" dont have the black wheels on the car anymore. you'll see though.

Old 06-04-2012, 01:29 PM
i've got a set of rotas for sale that were on my 2010 fit - not sure if they fit the first gen as well - https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/new-...hub-centr.html