TRUEFITCREW North East chapter now official!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 03:55 PM
5 Year Member
TRUEFITCREW North East chapter now official!

OK north east Fit owners, time to represent!! We now have a NE chapter of TRUEFITCREW and it's time to show what the north east is all about. Doesn't matter what year your Fit is, if your Fit has so many mods that you can't tell it's a Fit any more, or if you are still full stock.. all are welcome!! Our only requirement is no ASS-HOLES, we are here to help one another out and support the little 4 door gas sipper we've all come to know and love. We have our own group on facebook, just DM me or go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/926413197369186/ for details. I'm looking to put together a small meet in March to discuss putting together something for our first "official" TFC NE meet.. stay tuned ;-)

Old 01-18-2015, 04:52 PM
Need more info if you can. Purpose, where, about etc.

Old 01-18-2015, 09:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bassguitarist1985
Need more info if you can. Purpose, where, about etc.
Truefitcrew was started by a guy out in Cali, where there are a ton more fits, as a groups for only Fit owners. It's up over 1,000 members currently with members in almost every state. There wasn't much representation from the north east so I was asked to run the NE chapter and get more people involved. Right now the only requirement is that you own a fit, doesn't matter if you have $5000 spent in mods or running fully stock. We don't want any assholes either, we are here to support each other with any questions another member may have and not look down on other members for any reason. We will occasionally organize meets for everyone to meet up, hang out, check out other member's Fits and just have a good time. Obviously our location makes it tough to have meets all year round with the crazy weather we get, but there is always something going on. If you have any other questions please feel free ;-)

Old 01-18-2015, 11:38 PM
Fair enough, long as its not crazy far from CT, ill polish and wax the lady up, grab my trailer and tailgate with you guys!

Old 01-19-2015, 07:29 AM
5 Year Member
Fair enough, long as its not crazy far from CT, ill polish and wax the lady up, grab my trailer and tailgate with you guys!
Sounds awesome! I've been trying to figure out where to hold a meet that will make everyone happy (definitely not going to happen lol) and as of right now I'm thinking a park, or someplace we can hang out outside and BBQ, around central jersey close to the turnpike so it's easy to get to. Hopefully you can make it! You're Fit isn't a daily driver? I don't see many people trailer their Fit to a meet lol.

Old 01-19-2015, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by cnordt24
Sounds awesome! I've been trying to figure out where to hold a meet that will make everyone happy (definitely not going to happen lol) and as of right now I'm thinking a park, or someplace we can hang out outside and BBQ, around central jersey close to the turnpike so it's easy to get to. Hopefully you can make it! You're Fit isn't a daily driver? I don't see many people trailer their Fit to a meet lol.

Oh no you misunderstand. yes My Fit is my daily driver, but I ordered a custom utility trailer for various hauling purposes. Figure I'd bring it not only to haul stuff but I got plenty of sound gear to get some tunes going for the get together for example.

Trailer is still on order, wont be for another month or so, heres a pic of a 5x10ft I test towed a few weeks back.

Old 01-19-2015, 12:28 PM
5 Year Member
Oh no you misunderstand. yes My Fit is my daily driver, but I ordered a custom utility trailer for various hauling purposes. Figure I'd bring it not only to haul stuff but I got plenty of sound gear to get some tunes going for the get together for example.

Trailer is still on order, wont be for another month or so, heres a pic of a 5x10ft I test towed a few weeks back.

Oh sweet, that's awesome!! Well once we get our Fit BBQ figured out (Probably not till April/May.. damn north east weather!) I'll let you know for sure, it won't be a BBQ with out a DJ ;-) If you have facebook, search for the TRUEFITCREW North east group and you can stay up to date that way

Old 01-19-2015, 04:35 PM
Oh sweet, that's awesome!! Well once we get our Fit BBQ figured out (Probably not till April/May.. damn north east weather!) I'll let you know for sure, it won't be a BBQ with out a DJ ;-) If you have facebook, search for the TRUEFITCREW North east group and you can stay up to date that way

I'll certainly do that. Be curious to see where it is held at. Parking lot, open field, raceway, etc. Yeah the weather sucks but that's NE for ya. I'll check out the FB group there.

Old 01-19-2015, 05:04 PM
5 Year Member
Are most of the members from NJ? That's ~4hrs drive one way for me.

Suggestion: Consider a meet during a track-day at Limerock in CT. A good club/s to go with is COM, SCDA or NE Quattro Club. We can BBQ at the track, meet and track.

The NEQC is a two day event and we would be able to tent out for free.

Old 01-19-2015, 06:05 PM
I like this idea! Thats roughly an hour away from me and its not too bad. I got plenty of tailgating equipment...and beer!

Old 01-20-2015, 09:17 AM
5 Year Member
I like this idea! Thats roughly an hour away from me and its not too bad. I got plenty of tailgating equipment...and beer!
This NE group ranges from Mass to DC, so it might be tough to get the DC/VA guys up to Connecticut. There are a few of us in NJ/NY that could make it up to CT. Right now we are looking for a spot in western central NJ/Philly (some place close to the turnpike) for a meet in April/May. Details will be posted in the FB group as we get closer, and you guys are more then welcome to come down. Let me know more details about that show in CT and maybe we can get a group of us to come up, it's tough to say no to a BBQ at a car show ;-)

Old 01-20-2015, 09:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by De36
Are most of the members from NJ? That's ~4hrs drive one way for me.

Suggestion: Consider a meet during a track-day at Limerock in CT. A good club/s to go with is COM, SCDA or NE Quattro Club. We can BBQ at the track, meet and track.

The NEQC is a two day event and we would be able to tent out for free.
I just google mapped Limerock and it's only about 2 1/2 hours from where I am in Jersey so that's definitely doable. Keep me posted with the details and I'll see who else wants to come up.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:49 AM
5 Year Member
This NE group ranges from Mass to DC, so it might be tough to get the DC/VA guys up to Connecticut. There are a few of us in NJ/NY that could make it up to CT. Right now we are looking for a spot in western central NJ/Philly (some place close to the turnpike) for a meet in April/May. Details will be posted in the FB group as we get closer, and you guys are more then welcome to come down. Let me know more details about that show in CT and maybe we can get a group of us to come up, it's tough to say no to a BBQ at a car show ;-)
It's not a car show, it's a trackday. But if people don't want to go on to the track they can still hang out, check out the cars and BBQ. Lime rock is ~1 hrs and 50min for me. It's centrally located which makes it nice. I would make a long drive for a trackday, but 8hrs in the car in one day for a BBQ... probably not.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:59 AM
I like the Limerock idea best. Don't mind going down to northern NJ area too but prefer to stay in my backyard.

De36, the Waterford Speed Bowl is another great tailgating place. Plenty of red necking shenanigans going on. I'll setup the popup, break out the grill, blender, tunes, running off boat batteries and a PSW power inverter.

Last edited by Bassguitarist1985; 01-20-2015 at 10:14 AM.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:12 AM
5 Year Member
It's not a car show, it's a trackday. But if people don't want to go on to the track they can still hang out, check out the cars and BBQ. Lime rock is ~1 hrs and 50min for me. It's centrally located which makes it nice. I would make a long drive for a trackday, but 8hrs in the car in one day for a BBQ... probably not.
I wouldn't mind hanging out at a track day.. eat some BBQ, watch some people blow their cars up, good times had all around lol. When is the meet? I'll put it in the FB group page and see who's interesting in a run up to CT ;-)

Old 01-20-2015, 10:14 AM
5 Year Member
I like the Limerock idea best. Don't mind going down to northern NJ area too but prefer to stay in my backyard.

De36, the Waterford Speed Bowl is another great tailgating place. Plenty of red necking shenanigans going on. I'll setup the popup, break out the grill, tunes, blender, tunes, running off boat batteries and a PSW power inverter.
Where are you located in CT? I'll keep you posted of anything we have going on that isn't too far from you.

Old 01-20-2015, 10:27 AM
Where are you located in CT? I'll keep you posted of anything we have going on that isn't too far from you.

I PM'ed you.

Old 01-20-2015, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
I wouldn't mind hanging out at a track day.. eat some BBQ, watch some people blow their cars up, good times had all around lol. When is the meet? I'll put it in the FB group page and see who's interesting in a run up to CT ;-)
It depends which club we go with (SCDA, COM, NEQC...) to their track day. They all offer something a little different. SCDA is laid back (sometimes too much) and is a one day event.

COM and NEQC are 2 day events at LimeRock. COM; day 1 is a trackday day 2 is a time trial. NEQC is a 2 day trackday.

Trackdays are pretty easy on your car. The car is only abused if the person driving it abuses the car. Missing shifts, over rev-ing... (AKA a really poor driver). I've yet to see a car "blow up". lol.

Old 01-20-2015, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member
It depends which club we go with (SCDA, COM, NEQC...) to their track day. They all offer something a little different. SCDA is laid back (sometimes too much) and is a one day event.

COM and NEQC are 2 day events at LimeRock. COM; day 1 is a trackday day 2 is a time trial. NEQC is a 2 day trackday.

Trackdays are pretty easy on your car. The car is only abused if the person driving it abuses the car. Missing shifts, over rev-ing... (AKA a really poor driver). I've yet to see a car "blow up". lol.
Sounds good to me! I haven't been around that scene at all, so I'll leave it up to your digression which would be the best for us to attend. I don't know how many guys would be willing to actually race the coarse, but I'm sure they wouldn't mind hanging out.. The 2 day events may be a bit much to just hang out, but I actually wouldn't mind taking a spin around the track. Let me know what you think will work best for us, and when it will be so I can get the other guys involved

Old 01-20-2015, 02:53 PM
5 Year Member
Sounds good to me! I haven't been around that scene at all, so I'll leave it up to your digression which would be the best for us to attend. I don't know how many guys would be willing to actually race the coarse, but I'm sure they wouldn't mind hanging out.. The 2 day events may be a bit much to just hang out, but I actually wouldn't mind taking a spin around the track. Let me know what you think will work best for us, and when it will be so I can get the other guys involved
Sounds like the SCDA 1 day event is best. There is no admission for spectators. And it's pretty easy to sigh up. $345 to track.

If you have never been on the track this is the time!!! It's not a race, it's a trackday.

Check these out to see what works for your club.
Here are some LRP events with SCDA:
Lime Rock Park MON April 6 ? Full Day Event, Open to all drivers. | SCDA

Lime Rock Park April 30 ? Full Day Event, Open to all drivers. | SCDA

Lime Rock Park May 28 ? Full Day Event, Open to all drivers. | SCDA

Lime Rock Park JULY 15 ? Full Day Event, Open to all drivers. | SCDA

Quick Reply: TRUEFITCREW North East chapter now official!