Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Why Ford sucks!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 01:40 AM
5 Year Member
Why Ford sucks!!

This is part of the reason why the American auto industry is going down the toilet. Enjoy!! http://info.detnews.com/video/index.cfm?id=1189

Old 06-21-2008, 03:40 AM
5 Year Member
um... did you watch it all the way through? Or am I misinterpretting your anger against Ford? The final comment, Ford has the a new method for increased efficiency in how they are assembling their auto. They wanted to build the facility in the US, but because of the UAW (union) that opposes this type of integration within the same plant they needed to build foreign.

I'm all for everyone making as much money as they can, but the UAW has some blame for the woes of American cars as anything else. Toyota seems to be building in the states without unions just fine so far and will be displacing GM. Granted that could change in heart beat, as UAW has been trying every since they opened to get a Union vote.

From that video, the title should've been "The UAW Sucks"

Old 06-21-2008, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member
yes I watched through the whole video. UAW (in my opinion) wants a fair wage for the working man/women in the states, which is one of the main purposes for a union. It would seem that because Ford (being a business) wants to make as much money as possible decides that they want to place their biggest factory in Brazil. Thus there is no union, no labor laws and therefore they can pay their employee's peanuts. That is one of the reasons that most industries in the United States have moved to various other countries. Which is the reason that the ol' mighty dollar is not worth as much as it use to be. In a way the UAW does not suck. Some people may not agee with me that unions are a good thing. But in actuality they are beneficial when it comes to fair wages and benefits. I just found it interesting that their biggest factory is in Brazil and the blame is placed on the UAW. As for Toyota, they are unionized!! I had a girlfriend that worked for the factory in Ontario, Ca and she was paid well!!

Last edited by FitGD4; 06-21-2008 at 11:52 AM.
Old 06-21-2008, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member
They are really setting fire to the US marketFord recalling 1.2 million vehicles - Autos - MSNBC.com

Old 06-22-2008, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitGD4
They are really setting fire to the US marketFord recalling 1.2 million vehicles - Autos - MSNBC.com
Holy old news Batman. That article is two years old!!!!

Old 06-24-2008, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
wow ...waht news

Old 06-25-2008, 01:28 AM
5 Year Member
I worked for a labor union once. Boy did it open my eyes. I quote on my exit interview.

I will NEVER work for this company again, nor will I recommend it to anyone I know. It promotes lazy people because they have tenure, never mind that they have the IQ of a wet sock and talks to clouds.

Needless to say I burned my bridge and don't really care. That company can burn to the ground and I wont even blink. Heck I'd bring some sticks and marshmallows. (BTW I only recommend you burn bridges if you have a good resume, money, and experience to back your claim. Until you do kiss ass as much as you can. )

Unions are good concept, but an unrealistic one, with unrealistic ideals. I say scrap them all and start over.

Last edited by FITrunner; 06-25-2008 at 06:50 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:22 PM
Read The Jungle and you'll understand why we needed unions 100 years ago. Guess what though? Good ideas become outdated over time. It's just a fact. Unions have become bloated and weakened by the population in general waking up to their nonsense. We have government controls in place that now do a fine job at protecting the work force. I'm 44 and have been working for 30 years and never once did I feel like I needed protection from a union.

I say all good things much come to an end.

Old 06-25-2008, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by RobertJ
Read The Jungle and you'll understand why we needed unions 100 years ago. Guess what though? Good ideas become outdated over time. It's just a fact. Unions have become bloated and weakened by the population in general waking up to their nonsense. We have government controls in place that now do a fine job at protecting the work force. I'm 44 and have been working for 30 years and never once did I feel like I needed protection from a union.

I say all good things much come to an end.
you are right, unions have had their day. they are the main problem with job outsourcing. i know they are only trying to protect their members but at what cost; a pay cut or lower benifits are way better than unemployment. you cannot say that using an air ratchet on an assembly line is skilled labour or that it requires $30/hr.