Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Ar-15

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 11:54 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by fujisawa
The problem is not the typical gun owner. They should interview the non-typical ones.

My own preference is to tax the shit out of bullets. Sure, keep guns legal. $8 tax per round. Why is this a good idea, you might ask? Because that way people that want to own a gun for self defence can pony up for $80 in bullets and keep them in the safe .. not really that expensive. Someone who wants to buy 500 rounds isn't interested in potential self-defense. They are in it for entertainment or more nefarious purposes.

The whole "ban guns" thing is a dumb debate; sure you could ban certain ones, but it's a constitutional right to allow posession of at least some. (Of course, at some point it's semantics. Are bazookas OK? I think they generally are legal. Sarin-gas containers? 1970s era tactical nuclear mortars? You see where I'm going. These are all "arms" but you don't have the right to bear them currently, and personally, I'm OK with that).

Let's not forget that the "right to bear arms" is for the (very legitimate!) purpose of preventing the people from living in fear of the government. It's not to enable firearms-based entertainment.

But if that were your concern, I'd also be OK with that $8/round tax not being applied for rounds provided for use within a gun range.

Well in that case maybe we should tax the shit out of fuel (more than already) because cars kill one whole lot more people than guns.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:57 PM
Originally Posted by loudbang
Well in that case maybe we should tax the shit out of fuel (more than already) because cars kill one whole lot more people than guns.
They are thinkin about it....I think its a good idea. Gotta pay for roads and it'll motivate people to buy more fuel efficient vehicles.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:33 AM
Banned
"O" NO you are one of "Them".

So tell us what have YOU personally done to help save fuel??

Does this help?

How about driving it like you stole it? Is that saving fuel?

Originally Posted by krunk13
Yeah its been in my oil for about 200miles....omg feels like it's reving a lot quicker and there's almost no ticking sound to the engine at all. I'm driving it like I stole it and still averaging 33mpg which is 2 higher than my last fill up.

Is this stuff for slow driving to save fuel?

You see where this is going? Wishing for something "pie in the sky" won't work unless YOU get with the program TOO. What are you going to do if the price of fuel is raised to $20.00?

Last edited by loudbang; 04-28-2013 at 01:57 AM.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:38 AM
"O" NO you are one of "Them".

So tell us what have YOU personally done to help save fuel??

Does this help?

How about driving it like you stole it? Is that saving fuel?

Originally Posted by krunk13
Yeah its been in my oil for about 200miles....omg feels like it's reving a lot quicker and there's almost no ticking sound to the engine at all. I'm driving it like I stole it and still averaging 33mpg which is 2 higher than my last fill up.

Is this stuff for slow driving to save fuel?

You see where this is going? Wishing for something "pie in the sky" won't work unless YOU get with the program TOO. What are you going to do if the price of fuel is raised to $20.00?
lol yeah the RAN-UP did help and so did my new wheels. Im seeing 34mpg city 38hwy soooooo yeah lets get that gas tax increase enacted. also they want the price around $6-$7 dont get all dramatic. Things cost money and we as Americans have been stadily lowering taxes (Bush) for a while. Better roads and more efficient vehicles will end up saving America money overall.

Last edited by krunk13; 04-28-2013 at 07:42 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:09 AM
Banned
So it's all Bush's fault again SIGH........ What I was refering to was you being a hypocrite. You know somebody that wants everybody else besides them selves to make the sacrifices they are calling for you know the "koolaid drinkers"

Why don't you sent the government a check to help out with all the things you are asking for if it's so important to you?

How about the 47% of the people in the USA that pay NO federal income tax and even GET paid money out of your pocket shouldn't they "pay their fair share too?"

Last edited by loudbang; 04-29-2013 at 03:37 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:05 AM
5 Year Member
An NRA representative just contacted (left voice mail) my brother inviting him to speak at one of their meetings.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:28 AM
So it's all Bush's fault again SIGH........ What I was refering to was you being a hypocrite. You know somebody that wants everybody else besides them selves to make the sacrifices they are calling for you know the "koolaid drinkers"

Why don't you sent the government a check to help out with all the things you are asking for if it's so important to you?

How about the 47% of the people in the USA that pay NO federal income tax and even GET paid money out of your pocket shouldn't they "pay their fair share too?"
Thats also something that I want to see changed. Mandatory welfare drug testing.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:56 PM
Not understanding making ammo more expensive at all? All these laws are targeting the wrong people and I find the kneejerk reactions from the shootings laughable. It's almost equal to the homeland security initiatives after 9/11.

Everyone wants to point fingers for Boston bombing, school shooting, etc. but sometimes you can't stop crazy. They will always find a way, we're quite adept at killing each other one way or another.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:31 PM
5 Year Member
Cam and Company interviewed him too.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:17 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by hogwylde
An NRA representative just contacted (left voice mail) my brother inviting him to speak at one of their meetings.
That is GREAT NEWS. Your brother is a great speaker that for once knows what he is talking about. Loved the "Uncle Ted and Cousin Mike" quip.

Last edited by loudbang; 04-30-2013 at 12:26 AM.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:50 PM
Guns are pretty great! AmIright?

Old 05-05-2013, 06:00 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nicklikesfire
Guns are pretty great! AmIright?
Your pretty great at spamming! Amiright

Old 05-05-2013, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by Speedlimitz
Your pretty great at spamming! Amiright
You're right, this is a great post!

(Sorry, I don't mean to be posting so damn much, but I need 20 posts to post in the classifieds, so that I can offer people a great deal on my used weather tech liners. I chose to post in the off topic section because I thought it would be less noticeable. It is also worth mentioning that none of my posts are spam, because they are not selling anything or directing anyone off site. Anyway, again, I apologize, for the number and brevity of my recent posts.)

Old 05-11-2013, 07:49 AM
Banned
Just watched the whole show on NBC your brother was GREAT. Very good speaker who knew what he was talking about GOOD JOB.

The doctors were pathetic examples of "the other side". The lady doc from the Auroa shooting was particularly BAD. She asserts she has treated many many gunshot victims and has NEVER (her word) see destruction like this from THIS WEAPON (her words). Guess she has NEVER seen anybody shot with a rifle in all her years.

Well that just goes to prove that all the gunshot victims the many many NONE WERE SHOT with a weapons in 5.66 (or.223) caliber Weapon like the AR-15 these were the first ones she saw.

PROVING the FBI shooting statistics that show less than 4% of ALL shootings were done with rifles of ANY TYPE and less than 1% with an AR-15 style rifle.

And how "POWERFUL" (her word) the AR-15 is.

Kinda makes one say Humm when the AR-15 is at the LOWER end of the weapons continuum of power. There are a BUNCH of rifle caliber firearms with much more power and only two or three lower like say the good old .22 long rifle or maybe the .17 hornet the REST ARE MORE POWERFUL.

She was just one more shill for the anti-gunners that has no clue to what she is talking about.

I'm 50/50 on the military doctor and would like to see ALL he said. It sounds to me like his part was edited. He blabs on about the power and how the round was made to tumble YEA SO ALL military rounds were made like that.

Then they show a wound from a small caliber round (his words) like those from an AR-15 and the destruction from it. Humm is it very powerful or SMALL CALIBER it can't be both.

And why not show the destruction from bigger caliber rounds used in the military like the 7.62? Selective editing I'm sure.

Some good points were made (like your brother) during the piece but the overall slant was anti-gun from the begining and I think they didn't prove their premise at all.

Old 02-01-2015, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Not understanding making ammo more expensive at all? All these laws are targeting the wrong people and I find the kneejerk reactions from the shootings laughable. It's almost equal to the homeland security initiatives after 9/11.

Everyone wants to point fingers for Boston bombing, school shooting, etc. but sometimes you can't stop crazy. They will always find a way, we're quite adept at killing each other one way or another.
It's like banning bathtubs because they kill about 20 people a year